A very well executed Moroccan ethnic theme is showcased throughout the resort. Great attention to details. All the little details reinforce one another into a synergy of delightful experience. Villa Maroc is a preferred photoshoot venue choice for Thai newlyweds. But when my wife and I stayed here, the sight of newlyweds from Hong Kong checking in and doing their photoshoot in their wedding gown, tuxedo and change of attire is a clear testimony of the resort's photogenic reputation!
Located along a quiet and idyllic beach, the resort's ethnic architecture and facade colours give the location its own identity. Stepping into the resort is like entering a riad in Marrakech Medina. Our Pool Court room was cozy with a panoramic beach and sea view while overlooking the courtyard, fountain and pool.
As the resort is subjected to weather and sea elements, doors and windows of our room show signs of wear and tear. In the bathroom, spots of painted woodwork near wet areas were flaking and revealed the wood beneath. But overall in the room, these were considered minor as the rest was well maintained.
Meals in Casablanca were good. We had the specialty Moroccan style braised lamb for dinner. The big serving was so good that we finished it. During our stay, we tried all 3 breakfast sets which were cooked to order. We also enjoyed their Moroccan high tea which served an assortment of petits fours on a 3-tier display stand. The restaurant also served Thai food.
When in Morocco, do as the Moroccans do. In Sherazade Hammam & Spa, we enjoyed a steam bath and this was followed by a gentle body scrub, all taking place in the dimly lit 2-storey high domed hammam. We considered this was the best steam and body scrub treatment we had. After the invigorating scrub, we were ushered to the massage room for an oil massage. This is a must try! Thanks to our 2 therapists for a wonderful treatment.
My wife and I have stayed in many nice hotels in our travels, and we find the staff here a wonderful team. They were courteous and friendly. Not all speak English well but they have a genuine desire to make your stay memorable. Thanks to GM Tunnop for his hospitality. Above all, our special thanks to Khun Nok, Front Office Manager, for her arrangements and personalized attention.
To those seeking a unique and themed hideaway, this is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Maroc Resort in Pranburi redefines luxury on the Gulf of Thailand. Inspired by the distinctive architecture of Morroco, Villa Maroc promises an unforgettable stay on one of Thailand's most sought after coastlines. Our Pranburi resort combines Thai beach side living and warm hospitality with luxurious furnishings from North Africa. Villa Maroc luxury resort hotel Pranburi is a unique addition to Southeast Asia's accommodation scene. Villa Maroc Pranburi accommodation is designed to the highest standard. Villa Maroc Pranburi accommodation offers direct access to the enticing beaches of the Gulf of Thailand. Each unique room has its own, beautiful sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Maroc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Maroc Hotel Pran Buri
- Villa Maroc Thailand/Pranburi