“Pretty grim”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
Belfast, N. Ireland
“Pretty grim”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Its quite cheap and a ten minute taxi/shuttle to the airport. Check in was efficient as was ordering a taxi.
There was a smell of damp throughout the hotel. All of the furnishings we noticed had seen better days. The room itself was spacious and functional but tired and grubby. There were a number of bugs in the bathroom and bedroom. The air conditioning unit in the room was very noisy. All of this didn't lead to a very comfortable nights sleep. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

So this was the last stop on our way home from our entire Thailand vacation and we needed a hotel for one more night before our flight home. We had just flown back to Bangkok from Samui and needed a hotel near the airport for the early flight out. I found this one and it seemed to fit the bill. Apart from the dated wall to wall carpet this hotel was great for it's location (10 minutes by shuttle to the airport) and reasonable in cost. The big surprise was this amazing Chinese restaurant that is close by and is owned and operated by the hotel chain. Excellent food for dinner even though we were the only couple in there on this night! I think they do a brisk business lunch as there were few alternatives in an area made up mostly of shipping warehouses and other small airport strip style hotels. Pretty much clean and as I said just for a night convenience was key.

Room Tip: was not a hotel for pleasure as for convenience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

On my recent business trip I had no much time to venture out so the best bet was a hotel close to the airport and the "Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel" did just that.

Pros...
Free airport shuttle back and forth
Free wifi

Cons...
The rooms have seen better days.
Nothing much to do if you are of the kind to walk around or go shopping

Room Tip: Make sure you have the number of the hotel so you can make a call to the hotel if you don't see...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hyginus F
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place was clean, inexpensive, located a drive from the Airport but so is everything else. The journey flies past in 15-20 minutes..., and there is a 7/11 Store, right on the doorstep. No..., it is NOT at the Airport, but free shuttle bus easy to spot, and who wants to be right at a busy Airport anyway. Top marks ... It's not Strictly com dancing !! Some people will never be pleased !!!

Room Tip: Book Hotel Direct. Dont use agents. You could search for Hotel, Email them direct, and ask for the d...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Immediately upon my arrival into Bangkok, the Miracle Hotel proved a frustration. I was already in receipt of details of where at the airport I was to meet the hotel representative who was to escort me to the courtesy shuttle bus to take me to the hotel, located some 6km from the airport. However, locating this person was troublesome. After asking several different people, I eventually tracked down the Miracle representative who was friendly and charming but who, for whatever reason, had decided not to hold up his hotel sign which would have made him visible to me and others seeking the Miracle.

The journey to the hotel in an air-conditioned minibus went smoothly, as did check-in. I was asked the time of my flight and then recommended a departure time for the airport shuttle bus the next morning - a good service, as no one knows the vagaries of Bangkok traffic jams better than the locals. At first glance my room looked good - a large space of modern design hosting a double bed, flat screen TV, air-conditioning unit, desk, mini-bar, tea & coffee making facilities. Complimentary and effective in-room wifi made me certain that this was going to be an enjoyable stay. The adjoining roomy bathroom was even more of a pleasant surprise, looking, as it did, to have been fairly recently decorated. It contained a corner bath, separate shower unit, basin and toilet. Products were in-house brand (and I didn't use them so cannot comment on their quality) however were part of an accoutrements list you would not normally associate with a hotel in a higher price range - separate conditioner as well as shampoo and shower gel, cotton wool buds, facial tissues, two individual bars of soap - one for basin and another for the bath/shower etc. Not long after this quick look around the room, things started to go slightly wrong...

I lay on the (very hard) bed and then realised that the patterned carpet was extremely-stained, and really needed to have been replaced. Much worse however - both pillows were very creased as if they had not been changed since the previous guest(s). Furthermore there was a fairly large tea stain on the top of the tightly-made top sheet. After calling down to reception, Housekeeping came and remade the bed in front of me, as it had clearly been slept in by somebody else. Whilst this was happening my hot food was going cold...

I had ordered room service - a perfectly adequate green curry had just been delivered - however, it had come without any cutlery! I also had not specified a portion of rice, but nor had I been prompted to ask for some when I placed the order, as I would have expected if rice were not included with the dish. So I received a rice-less bowl of curry (soup really!) - crucially without a fork or spoon with which to eat / drink it. Moreover when I signed for the food, I used the delivery guy's pen which leaked ink all over my fingers!

My bedroom door did not appear to shut tightly and I could find no way of locking it. I was not overly-concerned for my security as there was a functioning door chain, however I jammed my suitcase upon against it to stop it rattling due to movement in the corridor.

My morning alarm call was 5 minutes late, (luckily I'd set my own alarm as a back-up).

When I went to pay upon check-out, I discovered that the hotel had already decided to take the room payment itself that day, using the credit card details with which I had originally reserved the room via www.booking.com. So this meant that I ended up having to do an additional credit card transaction just for the cost of my room service meal.

On the positive side, my morning shower was hot and powerful enough. Also, the airport bus departed bang on 7am as required, and was perfect for my flight departure. I did not explore the area around the hotel (which looked uninspiring), the swimming pool was closed when I arrived around 7.30pm, and I did not take breakfast - so cannot comment on these.

Too much went wrong for me to recommend anyone staying here. It would be the Novotel at the airport for me next time. You do, it seems, get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Racha Thewa hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Decent hotel. Best thing about it is the price given how close it is to the airport and the only other real decent option is the Novotel which is 3 times the price. We arrived late and left early. Breakfast was on. Large 2 person bathtub in the room, but no hot water to fill it which was rather odd. I would stay here again just for convenience sake, but location is only good for airport. Really nothing around here at all. They had a free shuttle from the airport to and from the hotel which was nice and convenient also.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank KeithCanuck
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip to Bangkok. Since the customer is near the airport, this is the closest hotel to be based at.

Good:
1) Close proximity to the airport. It sure beats traveling to downtown Bangkok, with all that traffic.
2) Basic, but largely clean.
3) Has all the basic services you would expect, such as restaurants, internet / wifi, fitness center, and pool.

Bad:
1) Located inside an industrial area. You basically walk about 5 minutes through a pretty non descript area to get to the main road.
2) Design - the only electrical outlets that you can use in the whole room - is located near the entrance above the fridge. There is a work desk on the other side, but no free outlets (there is one, but the alarm clock is plugged into that)
3) Design - the bathroom, and the washbasin, are in separate rooms!
4) Drainage - the shower area in my room, won't drain. It just floods, and takes around 5 minutes to drain away the water.

The normal stuff:
1) Breakfast is not too bad, nothing to shout about either. It has an egg counter, the regular spread of rice, sausage, some vegetable serving, and some meat, plus the salad and fruit counters as well.

I would not recommend this to anyone, unless there is a specific need to be staying near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
#364 of 851 in Bangkok

Been to Miracle Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!