We were traveling to Krabi and needed a place to stay at between flights. We picked this hotel because most of the reviews on here describe the hotel as a convenient place for those transiting through Bangkok and I agree that this is a good deal for anyone looking for a quick overnight stay before catching an on going flight. It's very far from the city, so don't expect to be doing any sight seeing while you stay here. It has a very modern feel and the rooms are minimalist but very functional.
* Close to the airport
* Decent breakfast buffet (emphasis on decent, don't expect croissants and a multitude of cheeses)
* Hotel shuttle is not the most customer friendly. We waited for over 30 mins (at 1am) and kept being told that they would be here in the next 10 mins and then the lady holding the hotel placard just disappeared.
* Not child friendly. We were traveling with our 12 month old and they didn't have a crib for her even though our booking said we had an infant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vismaya – the name derives from Sanskrit and conveys a sense of wonderment, even amazement. Indeed, guests are certain to experience the very same when visiting a hotel of such grace and tranquility a mere five minutes from Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport.The low-rise, resolutely modern setting encompasses 67 well-appointed and technologically advanced rooms comprising 63 Deluxe, three Executive Suites and one Signature Suite accommodation types. Guests likewise enjoy a courtyard with swimming pool and garden area; food and drink venues including poolside terrace dining for Thai and international dishes; as well as a lobby bar serving not only cocktails but also fine teas and coffees along with gourmet bakery.Located in a quiet side street off Kingkaew Road, the hotel lies outside the main flight path of Suvarnabhumi yet nonetheless allows the convenience of stepping from a plane to stylish accommodation in far less time than would be required if one were staying in central Bangkok. Further adding to such convenience, Vismaya operates its own airport shuttle service providing transport to and from the airport. Come to know the wonders of Vismaya, where traditional Thai hospitality enhances contemporary boutique accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort Thailand/Racha Thewa