“Excellent choice for transit stops in BKK”

Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
“Excellent choice for transit stops in BKK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Overall: a good night's sleep, comfortable, cheap and convenient to the airport - what more could you want!?

Booked this hotel for one night between arriving in Bangkok in the evening, and leaving for Koh Phanang the following morning.
Excellent value - price was outstanding.
Airport transfer arranged uneventfully (other than the standard 20min wait for the van to arrive). Located about 10min drive to airport.
Staff were universally friendly and helpful. Appreciated the cold drink we were provided with from the bar on arriving.
Rooms were comfortable and functional, and good sized.
Buffet breakfast in the morning was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked the hotel after reading the reviews . Checked out within an hour its down a back ally surrounded by dumpt rubbish ,the hotel is not finnished the floors are still concrete might be suitable for a quick one night sleep over but not a recreational hotel.

Room Tip: Fitness centre isnt finished didnt see a spa,Our room over looked an over grown block.WiFi doesnt wo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gillian H

Travelers are raving about these Racha Thewa hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

If only all airport hotels were as well done as this! It is about fifteen minutes from the airport and provided free shuttle bus runs there and back. The hotel itself is modern and stylish, with a nice pool for doing laps in or just paddling about. The rooms are very well turned out, with very comfortable beds. The food is okay, but there really isn't anywhere else to eat nearby as the place really is out in the middle of nowhere. This is basically perfect if you have an early fight out of the airport.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jake F
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is very closely located to the airport and offers free transport. Rates were extremely reasonable.

Rooms a minimalist but this is the style of hotel. My only criticism of the room is the bed has no headboard and rolls away from the wall. No way of stopping this.

Apart from the hotel Receptionist the staff speak poor English. They ordered our lunch incorrectly, the wrong drinks later in the day (and we were still charged), Nd the wrong drinks came with dinner. I go not have a regional accent and even pointed to my choice on the menu.

All round a good hotel. Would stay again as an airport stop over.

• Stayed August 2012
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Booked through Hotels.com and got a very good price for one night including breakfast. On arrival I couldn't spot the hotel sign at exit #4 (so many hotels and signs!). I rang the hotel, and they said they would find me. And they did. My name was on the list and I and two other travellers were quickly aboard the shuttle. I timed the drive : at 9.15pm it took 10 minutes to get to the hotel and the next morning at 11am it again took 10 minutes. The room was minimalistic, good bathroom with separate shower and big bath. A comfortable bed, tea making facilities, in room safe, flat screen television. So as this review is for an airport hotel, and assuming the hotel is being used for an overnight stay, I say that it ticks the boxes. No shops, busy streets or noise. The pool looked great, 7 or 8 guests were sunning and swimming. The hotel is what it is. Convenient, friendly, breakfast was adequate, no fuss and an efficient shuttle that left on the hour. As this is a relatively new hotel, things are still looking good. I think with time it may deteriorate and there were a few little areas that are visible to guests that could do with a tidy. The word "resort" is misleading but as long as you realise this then you should not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I booked a ground floor room with windows overlooking the pool. Can't comment on other rooms bu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Catherine48
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I just cannot get this superb hotel out of my mind!
The beautiful, friendly hotel staff; the yummy food at the restaurant; and the spotless clean, comfortable and spacious rooms with their awesome bathrooms!!
The location is excellent (5 mins from the airport) and the hotel's free shuttle service is a breeze to use. I just wished I had more time to spend in the hotel. It's a total worth stay & I enjoyed every bit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray1306
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I ve stayed overnight at Bangkok before in a hotel which locate in the middle of a field, so this place is like heaven to me. Me n my husband stayed here over night for our flight next morning, we booked this place very last minute-3pm on the day of check in, and emailed the hotel about our arrival time. We received a reply with full instruction within 3hours, so that's a good sign of their service.

We arrived the airport 10pm and found the pick up lady at gate 4, we walked from gate 10 but it's really just 3 minutes walk, unless u r over 70 and with leg problem, it's not as bad as some people here described. We waited 20 minutes and then in the van to the hotel, I told the pick up lady that we need to get a Happy prepaid mobile card and she told the driver to stop at 711 on the way n he did, wait patiently until we got all sorted.

As we arrived hotel, driver was on his walkie- talkie n right away someone came out n start unloading the luggage, they won't even let us carry anything, n we checked in in 10 minutes, someone carried our luggage n showed the room to us, we were upgrade to a pool view room.

Next morning we were woke by the wake up call which is very pleasant music instead if the usual terrifying phone ring, they must did some setting, consider most of the guests here r staying over night n need this service, it's a nice touch.

The bed is comfortable enough for me to sleep through the night, the included breakfast is very simply but good enoough, I was very happy with it.

The room is modern, simple designed just like the website shows, n the bathroom is nice too with full amenities, it look very proper I even took them with me, which I rarely do. Yes the cement floor and the empty space makes the room looks a bit unfinished, but this hotel is opened less than a year n it's a stop over place not a beach resort, to me, its totally okay, especially for the 1650 thb I paid, I'm extremely happy with everything.

The location is perfect for stopover, n stopover only, it's in a area that has a couple of other stopover-type hotels, there is no sightseeing at all.

Overall, we r very happy with this choice n will definitely choose here again for Bangkok stopover.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#286 of 852 in Bangkok

Been to Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort? Share your experiences!