“Excellent modernist hotel, ideally placed for Bangkok airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort

Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent modernist hotel, ideally placed for Bangkok airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I needed to freshen up, relax and kill a few hours before a long haul back to London after a four month trip round SE Asia,so I chose Vismaya on location and price. It exceeded expectations. A free shuttle met me at the airport and delivered me back early the fllowing morning, saving the price and time of a trip into the city. The hotel wasn't particularly cheap by Asian standards, but the room was spacious, with a bathtub and a walk in shower, flat screen TV and a really comfortable bed in fine, understated modernist decor. The ozone swimming pool is really pleasant, lobby area relaxing and the staff attentive and informal. This is a new property, with a few teething problems, but the price I paid was more than fair for the location (ten minutes to the airport) and quality. Restuarant was OK but again fairly priced for this grade. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank JohnJoeKelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

“ I stayed with my wife stayed one night at this hotel while waited to connecting flight as it near by airport as we need to take another flight quit early morning it took only 8 minutes to get to the airport the shuttle very good and value as it free of charge.

The driver is very polite and the shuttle to pick up as I forget to tell them my flight details, so I met the hotel staff at the airport he did call hotel rightaway, to send the van pick us up right away and after they phoned to hotel it took like 15 minutes to pick us up from the airport ( only us with a new van). That impressive!! as I thought I have to wait longer if no any reserved of it and they did not extra charge on this.

When checked in they gave me free internet wifi password the hotel have a nice outdoor swimming pool I, the bed very comfy and new bedsheet and pillows the rest is fine for us, but we like to mentioned that the bath room quit nice for couple and you will find full bath room’s glass wall which very modern you can see your bed from your shower room through the glass wall.

Buffet breakfast you have to order eggs and bacon separate fresh cooking for you from the kitchen. In the buffet table they will give you normal standard of breakfast milk / orange juice, cereal , they have fresh coffee making machine for breakfast . After our checked out very fast, then they drop us off at the airport for my flight right on their schedule at 5 am in the morning. It is very great value Airport hotel.”

Room Tip: It is only 10 minutes from Airport
4 Thank jelo j
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stopped here for a night after arriving in Thailand while I waited to meet some colleagues and continue to a client the next day.

The hotel is in a very sketchy area - you certainly do not want to take any walks outside the hotel.

I was exhausted and they charged me extra to check into my room early even though the hotel is virtually empty. OK, fair enough, I was exhausted and just wanted to get a shower and nap.

I said I wanted to eat breakfast also and they insisted that I eat before I go to the room even though it was 8 am and breakfast goes until 10. I never did figure that one out. The selection is very very limited on the "buffet" and I am using that word liberally.

The comforter on the bed had a lipstick stain on it and the tub had hair in it. Both items I was willing to overlook at I didn't have to lay on either one. Then I pulled back the sheet and OMG! The sheets were filthy with dirt and hair as if the bed was just made after the last guest and the sheets were not changed. I had to call the front desk 3 times before someone showed up 2 hours later to change the sheets.

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I was able to tell the sheets had not been changed due to all the dirt and hair but how many times do they do this and people do not notice? NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank backpacker8

Travelers are raving about these Racha Thewa hotels

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Friendly staff, convenient shuttle service and comfortable rooms make this a top choice for a short stopover in Bangkok.

Was so impressed, we actually stayed a second time. Staff are very eager to please, and go out of their way to ensure your comfort.

2 Thank JandCMorgan
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

My Fiance and I stayed here the night before our very early flight from Bangkok airport. It is clearly a very new hotel. The rooms are beautiful, with a comfy bed, nice TV, gorgeous bathroom with giant tub. There is also a beautiful pool and deck area to lounge. We didn't have a great experience at the restaurant, which is overpriced and made terrible food. But, overall the staff were friendly and arranged an airport shuttle for us in the morning and sent us off with a breakfast box. So I think for the price it is good value for money and works just fine as an airport hotel. Wouldn't recommend staying here longer than two nights though.

1 Thank Alyssa G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I thought it was a great deal when I booked it as the reviews were good. I found much better quality places close to the airport at a much lower rate. The sky train makes accessing more hotels in nicer areas at more reasonable costs much easier. The shuttle service makes no difference with the sky train.
The overall feel of the hotel was ok but the details were lacking. Cement floors were really unfriendly on the feet and made the whole hotel feel unwelcoming. Not a warm and inviting atmosphere. the bugs everywhere were disgusting.
I reccomend anywhere else even if it's just a night in Bangkok between flights etc.

• Stayed February 2012
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

The shuttle picking us up from the airport was 45 minutes late, with rude service to top it off.

We arrived at the hotel later than expected, and the restaurant was closed, forcing us to order room service.

The attendant barely spoke english (which would be fine if the hotel did not market itself as "luxury"). After ordering from the "Midnight Express" menu, we were provided with completely the wrong food, which was from the restaurant menu which was meant to be closed.

Incidentally, the menu items we were provided with were 900 THB Australian steaks, the most expensive item on the menu. Seems a bit too convenient for me when we ordered some of the cheaper items using the numbers on the menu very carefully and slowly.

After much debating, they accepted that we did not order the steaks. This was at 12:15 AM, after having landed at 9 PM. In my books, an airport hotel should offer reliable shuttle service, and edible, quick food.

After waiting 3 and a quarter hours for these services to be fulfilled, we were evidently upset.

It seemed like there was no noise dampening at all in the hotel, as we could hear jets flying over us for most of the night.

It is also helpful to note that many of the photos on the website are not real photos, but AutoCAD renderings that have not been realized yet.

We caught the 5 AM hotel shuttle to the airport, which they delayed 15 minutes waiting for guests who had slept in. Not very reliable at all, and I was not very interested in being delayed for my flights due to the laziness of others.

The service was rough, rude, and downright insulting at points. The staff had not learned basic service conventions, commanding us to "sit down" "wait" "don't move" etc. Completely unacceptable when they were not even delivering basic levels of service.

Overall, a gigantic ripoff. The facilities are half complete, the service is god awful, and it does not even meet the basic requirements of an airport hotel. It may look pretty in the pictures, but that is about it.

Also you are entirely reliant on the hotel, as it is down a sketchy back alley.

4 Thank ajk1989
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
#289 of 849 in Bangkok

Been to Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort? Share your experiences!