We have booked this place given the consideration that we will arrive late in mid night, we intended to get to the hotel and rest early after a whole day's work and subsequently 3 hours flight, the get up early to start a new day's trip in Bangkok. This hotel provides free transfer from the airport, then we thought we could return to the airport next morning and go to Bangkok by airport rail link.
However, it disappointed me because we could not find anyone picking us up at the arrival gate, fortunately we prepared beforehand the SIM card of Thailand (or you could get a free SIM card with little money in the airport counter from their operator TRUEMOVE or DTAC, etc), We then called the hotel, their people had to check for almost a minute before confirmed our reservation from booking.com, and asked me to go to another gate of the airport. When we arrived at said gate, we could still not find their people or cards with their names. We walked back and forth for several minutes then found a woman writing something on a card and showed to us, they were our names, they were just writing them. All righty then.
We waited another 5-10 minutes before a mini van took us away from the airport to the hotel, it is almost 1 hour after. The hotel locates near the airport, but it would still take us 10 more minutes time to get to it due to the complex traffic between the hotel and airport.
The hotel is in a deep street where there are many factories around, it is not noisy at all thought. You have to walk out to the main avenue to find convenient stores like 7-11 which will cost you 10 minutes.
The room is tidy and in order, facilities are all good.
The hotel provides mini van to send people to the airport every 1 hour. If you carry heavy luggage, it is funny that you have to carry it to walk stairs down or up when you get out of the lift because the lift door opens between 2 floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plai Garden is located just 5 minutes drive from Bangkok’s only International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport). Getting to the city is even easier with Bangkok’s Toll Free Highways and only just 25 minutes by car ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Plai Garden Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plai Garden Hotel Racha Thewa
- Plai Garden Guesthouse Thailand/Racha Thewa