“Just a regular place for airport transfer”

Plai Garden Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have booked this place given the consideration that we will arrive late in mid night, we intended to get to the hotel and rest early after a whole day's work and subsequently 3 hours flight, the get up early to start a new day's trip in Bangkok. This hotel provides free transfer from the airport, then we thought we could return to the airport next morning and go to Bangkok by airport rail link.

However, it disappointed me because we could not find anyone picking us up at the arrival gate, fortunately we prepared beforehand the SIM card of Thailand (or you could get a free SIM card with little money in the airport counter from their operator TRUEMOVE or DTAC, etc), We then called the hotel, their people had to check for almost a minute before confirmed our reservation from booking.com, and asked me to go to another gate of the airport. When we arrived at said gate, we could still not find their people or cards with their names. We walked back and forth for several minutes then found a woman writing something on a card and showed to us, they were our names, they were just writing them. All righty then.

We waited another 5-10 minutes before a mini van took us away from the airport to the hotel, it is almost 1 hour after. The hotel locates near the airport, but it would still take us 10 more minutes time to get to it due to the complex traffic between the hotel and airport.

The hotel is in a deep street where there are many factories around, it is not noisy at all thought. You have to walk out to the main avenue to find convenient stores like 7-11 which will cost you 10 minutes.

The room is tidy and in order, facilities are all good.

The hotel provides mini van to send people to the airport every 1 hour. If you carry heavy luggage, it is funny that you have to carry it to walk stairs down or up when you get out of the lift because the lift door opens between 2 floors.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It has gone backwards. I booked and paid online through there website in which I never got a email confirmation. Ehen contacting them was informed that I never had a booking. I had to send a copy of my credit card statement to them. Then thry found my booking. Upon arrival was told that I had to pay 500 baht more for a extra bed. The recepyion called the manager in which disrespectively would not let me finish a sentence before hanging up on me. The reception staff where nice. Will be looking for a different hotel in the furure

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for one night on a stop over. Paid £12 for 2 people so a real bargain and including airport transfer. Transfer was quick, regular and efficient and they were located exactly as they say on their website at the airport. Return transfer is hourly from the hotel.
Arrived late at night so did not get a chance to assess local area but there are many many stray dogs on the streets locally as we drove in so probably wise to venture out with caution. The hotel itself is approximately 10 mins drive from the airport.
Check in was swift, facilities were very basic but sufficient although a number of broken items within room. We had 4 security locks on our door which worried us slightly....how dangerous is the area??!! Most Thai accomodation has one flimsy lock.
Main negative for us was the cockerel which was cuckooing all night long from the local neighbourhood.
Overall perfect stop over hotel but probably not advisable if you are picky with things or for any length of time. For the price we paid we thought this hotel was very acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is okay but not as good as it looks in the photographs!
You have to pay for everything once you are there like computers and the wifi only works in reception
The receptionist was very unhelpful and not always polite!
The food was good here though! A bit of a scary neighbourhood though I wouldn't like to wander around alone!
But nice beds and a clean room with aircon and a fridge nice for one night and close to the airport!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank sophiecharlotte1
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is your basis transit hotel. I will start with the positives and end with the negatives.

POSITIVES:
1. Very close to the airport: make sure to bring a print out of the address and a map.
2. Clean:
3. Relatively noiseless: aside some vicious soi dogs (stray) fighting at night, there was no major noise.
4. Close to main road: there is a 7-11, Tesco Express and small shopping centers 5 minutes walking. You can eat here and skip the hotel breakfast.

NEGATIVES:
1. Unfriendly staff: sure this job is horrible (dealing with tourists) and no one likes to work at night. But the service was matter of fact. I can't imagine them being friendly if something went wrong.
2. No TV: Yep. Not cable or satellite. Just a TV with no connection. I guess its good if you bring a dvd player with you.
3. Malfunctioning Door: In Thailand, they have this gadget that you have to place so your AC works (its part of the key so it means when you leave the room, the electricity is off and not wasted). Mine would not work. I had to try in 10 times to work and in the middle of night, it stopped so I slept in heat. The clerk who helped was huffy about it (even though its probably not the first its happened.
4. Convoluted shuttle policy: yes its free but there are so many loopholes and at the airport, its impossible to figure out how to get it from there.

Overall, will not stay again. There is another hotel I stay at when I am in transit which I had forgotten but will not look up again. I like staying at places where people at least pretend they like their work. They are more helpful if something goes wrong.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank praiseworthy2012
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed one night because our flight was leaving early morning to Koh Samui. The shuttle to the Airport is included. The room is ok, AC worked perfectly, clean bathroom. Found some old spots in the sheet but this are the kind of spots that dont get off easily with the wasching maschine.. Anyway , they passed the smelling sheets test, not to worry. We found that it was very reasonable price. You can not get better for what you pay. We didnt eat there but if you walk to the main avenue find a lot of local options for dinner. Warning: Dont expect touristic surroundings ist in the middle of nowhere near to the Suvarnabhumi Airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flores A
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stopped here on the way over from the UK to Koh Tao, got a last minute deal for $16 including transfers which was great considering the taxi wanted $39 just to take me there. Room was big and clean, free wifi and good food from the restaurant downstairs. Will definately be staying here again on my next run.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Plai Garden Guesthouse? Share your experiences!