I had a 10am flight from Bangkok Airport so needed to be in the vicinity of the airport the night before in order to relax without the fear of a long drive the next day.
I booked the hotel on Booking.Com and paid 590 baht for a double room, albeit I was a single traveller. I was told to meet the rep at Level 2 at BKK Airport who I did find after 15 minutes, he just wasn't obvious in terms of holding up a sign etc.
Within 15 minutes I was on the free shuttle to Plai Garden from Suvarnbhumi - it was 5pm on a Wednesday and the journey took about 8 minutes.
Check in was easy and the free wifi etc and opening hours of the cafe were explained politely. I was allocated a room on the top floor - floor 6. However the air con had no battery in the remote and I got a very patchy signal on wifi there (I did not unpack). The view from the balcony was over scrubland and what appeared to be some small shanty type houses. I went to reception and requested a room lower down and was given room 203. It was great, very clean with tiled floor, free complimentary water, tv and shower room. The free wifi worked great, very quick. I had a shower but the bathroom floor flooded, no great problem as there is a drain there. Air con worked great.
The lift / elevator is slow but works ok. It opens up between floors so you will need to either climb about 8-9 steps or go down 8-9 steps with your luggage. If mobility is an issue I am sure the staff will help out.
In the evening I attended the 'cafe' which has restricted opening hours in an annexe. The menu was limited but I ordered a tasty club sandwich, fries and water which was delivered to my table within 10 minutes for about 200 baht. No ill effects, a bargain. Alcohol is available - bottled beers and soft drinks in a large fridge in the cafe on request. Good prices.
It was now dark and the hotel is off a gravel road with no street lighting, hotels approximately 100 metres away and dogs walking about. I therefore decided to return to my room and wifi.
Slept very well indeed, beds comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Free shuttle at 8am the next day in a van was reliable. When you check in they ask you to choose a shuttle time for the next day to the airport, they run 24 hrs every hour.
In short a real bargain at 590 baht. It's not a 5 star hotel but a very pleasant and cheap place to rest your head before a flight the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plai Garden is located just 5 minutes drive from Bangkok’s only International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport). Getting to the city is even easier with Bangkok’s Toll Free Highways and only just 25 minutes by car ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Plai Garden Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plai Garden Hotel Racha Thewa
- Plai Garden Guesthouse Thailand/Racha Thewa