“For airport stay only”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
New York City, New York
“For airport stay only”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Traveling in a group meant people coming in at different times and days so we had to stay somewhere close to the airport. There was confusion checking in as we stated booking online that we would have a 12:55am arriving flight, we arrived to find out we had no room and had to pay extra to check in early (not a nice surprise after 20+ hours of traveling)

Sheets and towels were clean but stained. Fridge in room and bottled water. Breakfast is pretty basic (eggs, toast, coffee/juice). Costs about 100 baht to/from airport, which you can get the skytrain to get into the city. But there really isn't much else nearby and staff isn't very knowledgable about things to do in Bangkok. I would only stay here again if necessary to get to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We finished our trip in SE Asia here mainly due to the location near BKK airport. The free hourly shuttle service was also a draw.

The price of rooms is more than reasonable as the quality is very good. The small cafe has a bit of the feel of sitting in a bus station but that fit in with our circumstances & the food itself is very nice.

A good budget stop-over.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very basic hotel but for £12 its great value.
Clean simple.
Nice staff, even has a bell boy.
Air on.
Stayed in lots worse.
We booked in for 7 hours as we had a late flight.
Cheaper here than staying on at the Hilton. They wanted £200 and this was £12.
Bargain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Varanasi, India
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is not clean and cozy like they promote. This hotel should be in India where lies are truth, lizards running on the walls, and lazy staff is the norm. The bathrooms have towels that look like they came from the river and dried in the sun.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhilipJi
mrthanit, General Manager at Plai Garden Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Customer, thank you for taking the time to share your expirience on Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for coming to Plai Garden and I am sorry if you have found it is not cozy as you expected. In term of "cosy", this is subjective in way of perception. We do serve in average 100 customers a night and most of our customers are happy or returning through the years and they recommend Plai Garden to there friends. The conclusion is that we are not expensive for everybody, most of our routine customers find us very cheap with reasonable quality. If you remembered, we have tried our best to serve you by offering you to see and choose 3 rooms. Unfortunately, there are still no rooms that able to meet your requirement. You may be in a very few customer that dislike our place with our price. Referring to your requested, we would like to suggest you to stay at 4 or 5 stars hotel that should meet all your requirements. Thank you for staying at Plai Garden.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nothing much to say about Plai Garden. It's just another place to sleep before the flight near Suvarnabhumi. The location is fine, and it seemed to me that Plai Garden is even closer to the airport than other hotels at Lat Krabang. Airport transfer takes really 5 minutes. The only bad point are doors. They are really LOUD, first, and they give no protection against any noise in the corridor, second. You may hear all the voices, all the steps and many banging doors. That's why I rated sleep quality very low. But if you're not that sound sensitive you'll find it OK.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sanchez73
Riverside, California
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked a room thru their website to get the hot deal. I had to pay them online but something wrong with the system. I was sure the problem wasn't from my card as I used it to buy things online so many times and I knew I got more than sufficient fund in my account. However, the staff there told me, the card was declined and didn't listen any of reason I suggested, i.e. the system was needed to be processed within 24-72 hrs. The staff kept saying the card declined and seemed like I had to try it again. I didn't believe and tried to convince him that he might need to wait for a day or two. I couldn't check with my bank as that time was almost midnight. The staff still insisted it was my card problem, he was arguing back and forth.
After 2 days, my payment was clear. I then contacted them back. I recommended them how to treat or talk to customer, no offense. They never said sorry or apology to what they did wrong. In the other hand, they ignored my email. They did not only reply my question regarding to booking and other information but also tried to find my mistake. (thank god they couldn't find)
I was unsure what I would get if I still used their service. I then cancelled my booking though I paid. I would travel alone and didn't want to get risk. I booked another hotel instead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear customer, your review took me by surprise as I was not aware of anything like that. Please kindly share your full experience of story, not only part of it. Let us clarify about this case. For every booking in our website, all payments are secured system and directly to Kakikorn Bank public company limited, top three best banking system in Thailand, or K Bank. If customer's credit card declined, K Bank will report to our system that customer's credit card declined. Then, we will inform customer that your card declined by our K bank system, please rebook again with other credit card. Finally, customer payment by credit card is completed payment. We have already apologized for any inconvenience it may caused to customer and we have extend this booking to valid up to 6 months in anytime convenience time check in by email. We also have evident of date sending email to you. I am here to take full responsibility for all my staff action, you have to tell “THE TRUE STORY”. Best regards
Tahmoor, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked this hotel for just one night as we were arriving into BKK late and would travel to Pattaya the following day.
The extremely fair price included free transport to and from the airport.
We found the representative in the chaos of the arrivals area =- you have to look for a long time but the notice is there with the rep. A short wait and we were taken to the hotel.
It is a little inconvenient for disabled people as the lifts take you to intermediate floor and you still have a few stair to use - with your luggage - to reach your room.
The rooms are very adequate - the bed is comfortable and we had a friendly geko to keep down any mosquitoes on the window.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast which was included was fresh and the choice good.
We then waited a short while for the shuttle back tot the airport for our transport onwards.
The area is quiet although so close to the main roads and airport.
Very good value for the money asked.

Room Tip: If you have difficulties ask for the room on the ground floor. All other rooms, even if you use the...