Spent one night here on the way home from Europe.
We usually stay at the Novotel at the airport - but its pricing is now far too high unless you have a corporate credit card !
We had a car pick us up at the airport and it was about 15 minutes to the hotel. First impressions were very good - nice, new, clean and spacious. Check-in was pretty standard and we had booked an executive club room on level 7.
Walking down the hallway to the room, we noticed it was quite warm - but on opening the door to the room, it was like someone jad turned the heating on to HIGH ! It was so hot, we opened the window and the 35C temperature on the outside was actually cooler than the room. We set the air conditioning on 18C and left the room to cool down. Came back an hour or so later and it was still very hot. Having been to Bangkok many times, it was the first tme a hotel room had been so uncomfortable. It seems as though the staff don't get the rooms ready for guests arrival as far as the a/c is concerned ? Not a good night's sleep.
Had dinner at the restaurant on the ground floor. Staff wre pleasant enough and the menu very good. The only problem seems to be that the main wait-staff do not speak much English, only just enough to get by. We ordered dinner, even clarified what we wanted by pointing to the Thai writing and yet the wrong dish was brought. It got sent back and 10 or so minutes later, the right one was out. The food is very good.
You are a bit isolated at this hotel and if you are there all day waiting for a night flight out, you ae at least an hour's drive from the city or alternatively, you can go to a local mall. We chose the later and spent some time at a Super Mall which was excellent. Got lunch there and two Pad Thai's cost AU$3 !! The concierge at the hotel gave us a map and called a cab for us and the return trip was very easy.
The hotel is good and an excellent option for an overnight stay if you want to avoid the city or the Novotel prices.
All they need to do is fix the air conditioning issue and give the service staff some English lessons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Bangkok Airport Hotel has a total of 278 rooms and Suites (230 Deluxe; 1 deluxe room for the physically challenged; 39 Executive Club Floor rooms and 8 Suites). The Hotel is 7 storys high. Its main facilities include; an All Day Dining Restaurant; Japanese Restaurant; Lobby Lounge Bar; 24 Room Service; Banquet and Conference Rooms; Outdoors Swimming Pool with Snack Bar; Gymnasium, Spa Treatment Rooms; Executive Club Floor with Private Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Racha Thewa
- BEST WESTERN PREMIER Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand/Racha Thewa