“Pleasantly surprised”

Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here as a stop over before we went to chang mai, we were suprised how nice it was here. We were very well looked after, and the staff spoke good english. We werent expecting the nicest hotel, but we were suprised and our room was very clean and well presented.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emilie P
Silapakit K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Best western Premier Amaranth. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accomodations and services were acceptible to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accomodations and services for our guests.

The Management Best Western Premier Amaranth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here overnight, prior to flying back to the UK. It was a last minute booking and we got a very good rate from a booking website.
As others have said, it's not really near anything apart the airport, but the hotel itself is actually very good. The room was large, with a very comfortable bed, loads of space for luggage, very clean and well presented. Bathroom compact but clean, with a very good shower. The free shuttle to and from the airport was hassle free and punctual.
The pool area was clean and spacious, sunbeds and parasols not in short supply,and towels etc available at the poolside bar. We didn't eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on the food.
As its not really near anything, we took a taxi to the Mega shopping mall and had a meal in one of the many restaurants in this huge mall.

If you're looking for a hotel near the airport, with free transfers and a comfortable bed, bit rare in Asia, then you can't go wrong with this one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is actually my second transit stay since my review in April.

The hotel has a pretty efficient pick-up service at the airport. And the transfer back is also pretty efficient. My return saw my friend and I with a rather large tour group. Very sensibly, the hotel staff packed the luggage of the tour group below and ours on top. A couple can always move faster than a group.

My beef with my first stay was the water pressure. This time, it was good. Not like the pressure i enjoy at home but good enough. It seems someone had noted the comments I had made in my earlier review.

I had low expectation of the soap, shampoo and moisturiser so I had brought my own. They do not factor in this review so if they do in your book, knock off a star.

My beef with this stay was with the Internet. I had been told in my previous stay that my the Internet was free for my stay. But it came with the options: free for one hour, and then paid for 6 hours, and paid for 24 hours. In my first stay, I called the front desk to clarify because it seemed to be bait-and-switch advertising if all I got was free Internet for 1 hour. The response was that it did not matter which option I chose. That time, I checked off the free service. This time, I checked off 24 hours even though my total stay was less than 6 hours--checking in at 9.30 pm and catching a 5 am flight. But when I went to clear my bill, I was suddenly slapped the 24-hour fee. When I gave my story and how it made no sense for me to check off 24 hours when I knew I would be spending less than 6 hours, the reception decided, after some persistence on my part in recounting and re-recounting my reason, to waive half the fee. I had the transfer to catch and so I did not escalate the matter. The 150 baht is not a lot of money; it's just the "having been fleeced" factor.

I can now safely recommend this hotel as transit provided you are not bothered by: the toiletries--they still look iffy to me (ie you bring your own), the impersonal service from people treating it as a good transit hotel and the terms and conditions of the Internet use.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Panguin
Silapakit K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Best Western Premier Amaranth Hotel, we wish your visit with us to be comfortable.
We’re wholeheartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests truly enjoyable. Our friendly staff is pleased to be of service, and we trust you'll have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Regarding to internet service that we prepare 2 options for our guest, first complimentary and will re-connect every 1 hour available for 24 hour it’s free, the second is an optional with extra hi-speed it will have extra cost for this option.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Best Western Premier amaranth Hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Best Western Premier Amaranth

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as we arrived in Bangkok late and had an early flight the next morning. The hotel was perfect for this purpose. We arrived at Bangkok uncertain of how we were going to get to the hotel when a lady guided us to the shuttle bus for the hotel- the fact that this service was complimentary was fantastic. Check in was quick and easy and our room was clean and spacious. We left early so did not try any of the restaurants or other facilities during our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and we were very satisfied with our brief (but pleasant) stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank emmypetronie

Dear Valve Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02-3159393.

Yours sincerely,

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We wish we had used this hotel on layovers in Bangkok as it is a haven of calm and tranquility that we will definitely use again. When we arrived from Krabi we were feeling a little tired and had a flight to Bali early the next morning. The check in was efficient and friendly. The room was spotless, large with all the facilities you would expect. As I was a bit unwell I ordered rice soup which was delicious. Unusually for Thailand the early morning call was on time and were soon on our way. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.Iit is about 25 mins away from the airport.

2  Thank tomski2001
Silapakit K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Value Guest

Reviewed September 9, 2012

we stayed at this hotel between our midnight flight and morning flight the next day. it was great for a layover, very clean, and had free airport pick up. it took about 15-20 minutes on the shuttle to get to the hotel at night and about the same the next morning. my only complaint is that the shuttle was a little difficult to find in the airport and we ended up waiting about 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive once we figured it out.

2  Thank Aylin I
Silapakit K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time in completing your feedback and bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope you are satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.

If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to contact us .

Regards,
Best Western Premier Amaranth

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed there with my partner before flying home to London(after 4 weeks of travel in Asia).Very nice place for lay-over,close to the airport-good shuttle service too-smooth service.
Nice swimming -pool area.
The service was excellent-helpful reception staff as well. Rooms are large and clean with very comfortable beds,nice and spacious bathrooms.Overall we would stay at the hotel again when in Bangkok.If you are looking for a place to crash before you flight-look further no more.Best Western at its best!Thanks

2  Thank taylorek30
Silapakit K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Racha Thewa
5 mi away
Paragon Inn
Paragon Inn
#330 of 891 in Bangkok

Been to Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!