“Magical mini homes, warm and kind hosts”

Leonis Summer Houses
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Leonis Summer Houses for three nights recently and had a wonderful time. The summer houses are located at Ornos, which is a short 10 min drive from Mykonos town and on an elevated position which means that the views are stunning. We did not want to spend nights at the clubs so were happy to be away from the town itself. Ornos has its own beach, which is accessible from the summer houses by a short walk which may be a factor that some of you might be interested to know!

We were booked in for room 8, which was the one bedroom suite, which really was a self contained one bedroom house with its own private large outside veranda - very recently renovated, it is tasteful, bright and very comfortable.

But what really makes the place special is Leonidas himself - he was on hand from the moment we landed at the pier - picking us up personally and showing us the room. We arrived on the day before Easter Sunday, and personal touches like the fact that he provided us with traditional easter candles, bread and red stained easter eggs so that we could participate in the candle lighting event that night in Mykonos town really impressed me. He is a warm and generous person whose company I enjoyed. Vangelis who was working the breakfasts and the bar with him makes a great smoothie and was very helpful whenever Leonidas was not around himself.

We left the summer houses very reluctantly, which is a sign of a great place.

Do book this hotel if you want clean, beautiful and peaceful surroundings with superb service.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a private veranda with a stunning view, and is least overlooked.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
leonkaran, Ιδιοκτήτης at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for all your kind words.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Leonis Summer Houses.

I was very reluctant to let you go as well, which is a sign of great guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Leonidas Karantzalis

There are newer reviews for Leonis Summer Houses

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Not only is Leonis Summer Houses as beautiful as it looks in photos, it's even more gorgeous in person. Leonidas and his wonderful staff made our too-short stay absolutely perfect, from the treats waiting for us on arrival to the locally sourced breakfast to the friendly conversation at the bar in the evening. The pool area is relaxing, a beach is a 10-minute walk away, and there's even a library, all with incredible views. We were in unit 5, which was plenty roomy for two and has a small kitchen and outdoor patio, and the other units look to be able to accommodate just about any combination of people. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
leonkaran, Ιδιοκτήτης at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your nice words.

It was great having you here and getting to know you.

I can't wait to welcome you back at Leonis Summer Houses.

Have an amazing summer.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

It was my very first time fir this kind of vacation. Usually I choose fine hotels with great services and high rates as well :-( A friend of mine suggested Leonis Summer Houses and he was right. Leonidas and his team provide us with the best exoerience ever. Our house #4 and the studio #5 was there waiting for us in a perfect condition. Its like having our own houses in Mykonos but we paid only for the days that we used them. We had great salads abd coctails by the pool made and served by Van and an amazing housekeeper called Anna. This place must be renamed "Heaven on Earth" !!! We will be back again and again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stella_Ital
leonkaran, Ιδιοκτήτης at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2015

Dear Stella_Ital,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Leonis Summer Houses on TripAdvisor.

It is great to know that you felt at home here and your definition about this hotel as "Heaven on Earth" makes me feel incredibly proud.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Perfect place to enjoy Myconos, Greek hospitality, personnel's professionalism and unique breakfast from local products. The view from each house and the rooms' decoration for sure makes everyone to feel comfortable and relaxed. Don't miss the experience. Leonidas, the hotel's owner, I truly believe is a great asset and contributes the most for feeling everyone as special guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 970329_329

Thank you very much for this wonderful review.

It has been a pleasure having you here.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Leonis Summer Houses.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I remember booking Leonis Summer Houses based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. You couldn't help but be excited that you were on your way to a place that is rated EXCELLENT.. They are rated this way for a reason!! This leg of our trip was part of our overall honeymoon that started in northern Greece and ended in Santorini. We arrived late at night and were greeted at the airport by Leonidas since we had preplanned our transfer. This is always good as the taxi's in Mykonos during high season are highly unreliable. He showed us to our studio summer house which was extremely well appointed and also had a few welcome items for us to enjoy while we unwound. We enjoyed a bottle of their white wine and just took in the fresh air on the terrace. I wanted to wake up early and see what this place had to offer us. We went to breakfast and it was not a buffet like other places but each table was served delicious island treats. Vangelis, who runs the bar area for breakfast and throughout the day, let us know where each Island treat was from. It was such pleasure to have interacted with such a worldly and kind person. He is the perfect man for the job. It is my hope that he continues to come back each summer as we also hope to one day. The pool is great and Leonidas has a great playlist of relaxing music that will make you feel as though you have the place to yourself. I can't say enough about this place and how much we enjoyed our stay here. Make sure when you talk to Leonidas and Vangelis about what they recommend, that you follow their advice. We tried to go off and do our own thing but it didn't compare to when we started to listen to their advice and venture out to the places they had recommended. Do yourself a favor and rent a car of which Leonidas will hook you up with. You cannot walk anywhere safely so this is your only option besides a Taxi.

Last but not least, our friend and the owner, Leonidas. We love to travel and have come across many different people. I must say Leonidas was one of those people you wont ever forget. He made our stay perfect and also took the time to get to know us. We hope to see you soon Leonidas and Vangelis. Thanks for making our honeymoon amazing.

Kostas and Camille

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
leonkaran, Owner at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Camille and Kostas,

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay in Leonis Summer Houses, especially since it was during your honeymoon. It was great getting to know you and I look forward to seeing you again in Mykonos or during my next visit in the US.

I haven't forgotten also how much both of you helped by standing in for me at the bar, while I had to unexpectedly pick up some guests from the port (I don't usually assign work to honeymooners). Thank you very much for being not just amazing guests but also great friends to me.

I wish you all the best for your new life together!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hi Leonidas,

Apologies for my late review. Work has been hectic my side.

On behalf of my self and my family,including Pavlo, I want to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude for the fantastic service, help, advice , great rates and all that you did to make our holiday in Mykonos so memorable. Nicolas my son is planning an after school holiday party in Mykonos and that's where he wants to go back.

I know he will be well looked after at Leonis summer house.Their are no negatives here only positives.Our accomodation was awesome.The villa was immaculate.Breakfasts and lunches were neat.

You have a great team Leonidas. Please extend our best wishes to every one.Vangeli we miss your smoothies buddy. I can't get mine right. My wife reckons my salad sucks compared to yours. Def need some cooking lessons on next trip....

Best accommodation in Mykonos and yeah Greece rocks :))))

Fellow tripadvisor members get hold of Leonidas you won't be disappointed and I guarantee a fantastic experience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
leonkaran, Ιδιοκτήτης at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your wonderful comments. Vangelis and Anna send many greetings to all of you.

I will make sure that Nicolas and his friends have an unforgettable after-school holiday here. Let me know if you would like me to issue a midnight curfew.

I am sure that your wife is an amazing cook and she needs no lessons, the secret to our salad are organic tomatoes and cucumbers grown in the hotel's garden, as well as virgin olive oil from my grandfather's olive trees in the mainland.

I look forward to welcoming you and the whole family back.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our extended family stayed in Leonis on mid September (7 persons in 2 houses). We had wonderfull time - The houses were great, fully equiped. The pool area is stunning with high quality facilities and the view of Ornos beach. This whole area is also protected from the famous Mykonis winds. Our kids loved the games room and actually preffered staying there and in the pool upon getting out of the hotel. Above all this come the outstanding service of Leonidas, Vangellis and Ana, which made our stay at Mykonos so pleasant: every thing we needed from recommendations on restaurants, car rental, spa, beaches - got quick reply. We especially appreciate Leonidas help on our way to the airport at the end of our stay - we had difficulty to find a taxi - Leonidas offerd his car and took us to the airport. D'ont hasitate the place is great!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments.

It was great having your family here and I was very happy to see the children making good use of the library/playroom and the board games.

I look forward to seeing you all again.

Leonidas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Corfos Hotel
#5 of 22 in Ornos
Kivotos Mykonos
Kivotos Mykonos
#6 of 22 in Ornos

Been to Leonis Summer Houses? Share your experiences!