“SIMPLY THE BEST”

Leonis Summer Houses
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hi Leonidas,

Apologies for my late review. Work has been hectic my side.

On behalf of my self and my family,including Pavlo, I want to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude for the fantastic service, help, advice , great rates and all that you did to make our holiday in Mykonos so memorable. Nicolas my son is planning an after school holiday party in Mykonos and that's where he wants to go back.

I know he will be well looked after at Leonis summer house.Their are no negatives here only positives.Our accomodation was awesome.The villa was immaculate.Breakfasts and lunches were neat.

You have a great team Leonidas. Please extend our best wishes to every one.Vangeli we miss your smoothies buddy. I can't get mine right. My wife reckons my salad sucks compared to yours. Def need some cooking lessons on next trip....

Best accommodation in Mykonos and yeah Greece rocks :))))

Fellow tripadvisor members get hold of Leonidas you won't be disappointed and I guarantee a fantastic experience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
leonkaran, Ιδιοκτήτης at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your wonderful comments. Vangelis and Anna send many greetings to all of you.

I will make sure that Nicolas and his friends have an unforgettable after-school holiday here. Let me know if you would like me to issue a midnight curfew.

I am sure that your wife is an amazing cook and she needs no lessons, the secret to our salad are organic tomatoes and cucumbers grown in the hotel's garden, as well as virgin olive oil from my grandfather's olive trees in the mainland.

I look forward to welcoming you and the whole family back.

There are newer reviews for Leonis Summer Houses

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our extended family stayed in Leonis on mid September (7 persons in 2 houses). We had wonderfull time - The houses were great, fully equiped. The pool area is stunning with high quality facilities and the view of Ornos beach. This whole area is also protected from the famous Mykonis winds. Our kids loved the games room and actually preffered staying there and in the pool upon getting out of the hotel. Above all this come the outstanding service of Leonidas, Vangellis and Ana, which made our stay at Mykonos so pleasant: every thing we needed from recommendations on restaurants, car rental, spa, beaches - got quick reply. We especially appreciate Leonidas help on our way to the airport at the end of our stay - we had difficulty to find a taxi - Leonidas offerd his car and took us to the airport. D'ont hasitate the place is great!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments.

It was great having your family here and I was very happy to see the children making good use of the library/playroom and the board games.

I look forward to seeing you all again.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

During winter 2013, I corresponded with Leonidas, owner of Leonis Summer Houses, made our reservation and we were excited about our September stay. But nothing prepared us for the reality of what our stay would be like. Well before our arrival, we felt like part of the family.

From first meeting Leonidas when he collected us at the ferry dock in Mykonos Town to our heartfelt goodbye, our stay at Leonis was filled with warmth, happy memories and superlatives.

We immediately felt like “family” to Leonidas, one of the warmest and sincerely friendly people we have ever met in Greece. Upon arriving at the compound, Leonidas said “I have a surprise for you” as we pulled up outside the expansive suite. Our upgrade to the suite (we had actually booked Maison 5) was both unexpected and unreal. From our first walk-through, it was pure bliss. Every possible amenity and accessory was there … a dreamy bedroom with more closet space than we even have at home, sumptuous bathroom, a modern and incredibly equipped kitchen, expansive dining area and living room with flat-screen TV, and a strong WiFi signal. The suite was perfection, but the patio was the ultimate. With a view over Ornos Bay and all of the other accommodations, we were almost overwhelmed with our good fortune at staying here. We kept walking around pinching ourselves, hardly believing that this was our home for eight nights.

As we finished unpacking and did a walk-through of the property, more surprises awaited. As the grounds and other units unfolded, we knew we had made the right choice. Each uniquely designed, dazzling and spectacular Cycladic building was perfectly set into the landscape, inviting curiosity, drawing the eyes from feature to feature. The glistening pool, soft seating, and commissary, where freshly made meals and snacks and libations were being happily and efficiently dispensed by friendly, smiling Vangelis, completed the dream. We truly felt like we were home.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and as we settled in, it was apparent that a great deal of thought was put into each amenity. It was almost as if Leonidas, had lived there himself for a while and, through doing so, thought of everything anyone could possibly need and saw it was at hand. We loved the rain head shower, the brilliant white painted walls, shutters and, of course, the patio with loungers and sweeping views over the compound, Ornos Bay and Mykonos Harbor with its cruise ships coming and going.

Breakfast was wonderful: a mix of small and larger tables set under an open-air space with an expansive counter from which guests could help themselves to Greek yogurt, cereal, juices, fresh fruit and more in an ever-changing array of Myconian bounty. The affable Vangelis, who oversaw the food and beverage service and pool, whisked a plate of cheeses, meats and freshly-baked pastry and croissants to one’s table upon arrival along with two delicious freshly-made jams specially-ordered and imported from an elderly woman on the neighboring island of Paros.

Filter coffee, espresso fredo, Greek coffee or tea, whatever one’s desire, instantly appeared on the table. Usually at breakfast the ever-smiling Leonidas would make an appearance and interacted with guests in his incomparable manner.

Very often, during breakfast, the efficient and energetic housekeeper, Ana, would service your room so, upon return to your quarters, everything was spotless and the smell of lavender would await you. Fresh fluffy towels, a beautifully made bed, well-swept patio free of every leaf or flower petal and everything neatly organized, regardless how you left it, made for a seamless morning. Never did we have to ask for anything, as Ana was instantly attuned to our every need. Rarely did we see Ana, everything would just be cleaned, organized and re-stocked daily as if by magic.

Just outside, and attached to, our suite, was an atmospheric chapel, replete with a bell and classic Cycladic style. This is the onsite chapel at which guests can choose to get married. From the Leonis compound, several other small chapels can be seen in the landscape. Evidently, a loophole in Greek law allows houses to be built and appendages to churches, thus these are ubiquitous throughout the Cyclades. Although not intended purely for aesthetics, this does make for great photography and, throughout our stay, I found myself constantly photographing these delightful chapels whenever I could.

Throughout the day, if we stayed on the compound, we would head down to the pool where beautifully soft, thirsty towels awaited, then we chose from a wide assortment of strategically placed lounges, either in the sun or perfectly set in place for part sun, part shade, or under a custom-made bank of windows (overlooking the landscape below) and covered patio, which were at our disposal. We never felt like we had to rush down to reserve a seat as we have in other lodging establishments. The space between loungers was ideal for solitude or socializing, whichever guests desired. One could easily sunbathe, read or sleep in companionable silence or interact with other guests comfortably. The sparkling pool, waterfall and smaller pool were as inviting as they were invigorating.

Each of Leonidas’ guests was friendly and attuned to one another’s desire for interaction or solitude, which made for a very comfortable holiday. We met several incredibly interesting and friendly people at Leonis, culled from a wide array of clearly affluent and sophisticated travelers. Several have, since, become friends and we are in regular contact sharing, as we do, such incredible experiences as our stays at Leonis were.

Rarely have we stayed at a hotel during a vacation, instead striking out on our own to find beaches and explore. At Leonis Summer Houses, guests tended to stay put at the compound because it was, itself, like a resort with everything one could possibly want on hand for your pleasure.

Each of the staff was available and anticipated guests’ every need or desire. Over the course of the eight nights at Leonis, we came to know Vangelis, a wise, friendly and interesting young man from Thessaloniki. He was as talented at cooking and preparing imaginative and delicious food as he was attuned to every guest’s interest, question, need or desire. Always an upbeat and intelligent, we shared many a fascinating conversation on a wide range of subjects yet, during our talks, Vangelis was always in tune with other guest’s needs, excusing himself as necessary to see to them, and then returning to where we’d left off, without missing a beat. Vangelis always made breakfast and other interactions a highlight of the day. Both Vangelis and (especially) Leonidas, are repositories of a wealth of local knowledge and expertise. We were guided by them to the best possible bakery (we visited daily), the best local restaurant (Ithaki, which we loved), the best local grocery store, beach, taverna and car rental (Pier 1, whose Joyce was a barrel of fun).

At times during the day, Leonidas would substitute for Vangelis when he had his break time, which allowed us to have the opportunity to get to know Leonidas better, too. We found him a highly intelligent, passionate, articulate and motivated person whose entire being was concentrated on providing the ultimate guest experience. I cannot imagine what more he could possibly do to enhance the experience at Leonis, which absolutely approaches sheer perfection. There is a huge library/game room with ping pong table, an endless supply of international magazines, diverse selection of reading material, board games and books. It is a great spot to browse and relax.

Over the course of eight nights, never did we want for anything, as our needs were anticipated and seen to immediately. We would relax at the pool or on our patio and simply take in the atmosphere of pure unadulterated indulgence which is, after all, what a vacation is all about. At night, mood lighting and music, strategically placed candles and thoughtful touches provided a heavenly ambiance.

This heavenly spot on Ornos Bay is a true paradise, where three angels – Leonis, Ana and Vangelis – minister to weary souls, sending them forth completely refreshed and renewed in every way. We have traveled extensively throughout the Cyclades Islands, but both my partner and I agree, no hotel or other lodging has even approached Leonis. Our stay was superlative in every way, from its comfort, price point, meals, amenities, location, hospitality and very personalized service all served up with tremendous pride and passion. If travelers are seeking perfection, Leonis will stand up to even the most demanding traveler’s expectations. This is the dream come true for travelers seeking the ultimate Greek island getaway, the “happy place” to which I will escape when winter strikes and work or life becomes too frenetic. LSH sets the standard for the ultimate Myconian holiday. No one does it better.

Room Tip: Each unique lodging is beautiful and impeccable but for sheer indulgence, the suite is the ultimate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wpdesousa-mauk
leonkaran, Owner at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Bill,

All I can say right now is... wow.

I cannot express to you my gratitude for taking the time to write such an impressive review or what I am feeling having read all the kind things you say about the hotel, about my team, about me - I can certainly tell you I was blushing pretty much the whole time while reading it.

Thank you so very much for giving me a generous dose of strength with your review and for having such a positive attitude even before arriving at Leonis Summer Houses - during our initial correspondence months before your actual holidays. It was a great pleasure having you here, I feel lucky to have made two exceptional new friends and I can't wait to see you again.

In the meantime, we will most definitely be in touch and I look forward to receiving photos of your adventures during the wintertime.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

What can be added to the reviews that haven't been written already? We'd based our booking having read other peoples experiences...and we weren't disappointed. Excellent room, fantastic pool, wonderful breakfasts and lunch and the staff; Anna, Vangelis and of course Leonidas made it all a superb holiday. No hesitation in recommending both Mykonos and Summer Houses. We hope to return...next time with chums!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
leonkaran, Owner at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review.

It feels great to know that Leonis Summer Houses met your expectations and that you enjoyed Mykonos.

I look forward to seeing you again... along with chums.

Best regards from the whole Leonis Summer Houses team.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights as a group of 2 couples and 2 little children in September and had a wonderful time at Leonis. We all agreed it was one of the highlights of our Greek Island holiday. The little house we had was lovely, clean and well furnished and decorated. Breakfast each day was always looked forward to- nice and light but also filling. All the staff were friendly and helpful, and we appreciated the welcoming treats.

The Summer Houses are perched up high with lovely views over the beaches below. The walk back up from Ornos beach is steep but good for excercise, we did it several times pushing strollers, before we hired a car.

We'll definitely stay here again if we are lucky to make it back to Mykonos one day!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Leonis Summer Houses. It was such a pleasure having you here and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Have a nice Australian summer.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have just spent ten wonderful days at the Leonis Summer Houses in Ornos; a family of four with two teenage children. This boutique hotel is extremely well run by the owner Leonidas and his efficient team of Ana and Vangelis. The eight houses are set on a hillside above Ornos beach, enjoying stunning views of the two bays and has been beautifully landscaped. There is a very attractive pool area with some of the most comfortable loungers, hammock, hydro-massage pool and bar, and with only eight houses, we weren't rushing to reserve our lounger! The well-stocked games room, just above the pool has a table tennis table and plenty of games which we made good use of. It only takes 10 minutes to reach the restaurants, beach and shops on foot, but be prepared for a climb on the way back! There is a bus stop 200m up the road which takes you into Mykonos Town from where you can take other connections. If you continue on after the bus stop, you will reach the beautiful Agios Ioannis (Shirley Valentine beach).

Leonidas met us at the airport and took us to our house, no.7 a maisonette where a welcome gift of local sweets and liqueur were waiting for us. Our house was kept immaculately clean by Ana, providing us with clean spotless bed linen and fluffy towels every two days. The kitchenette had everything we needed to make simple meals, although we opted to have breakfast, which was a very good decision! A wide choice of fresh, delicious sweet and savoury food (meats, cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, bread, pastries, locally made preserves, juice, tea and coffee) was served at our table by Vangelis, who efficiently runs the bar and pool area. He also rustles up very tasty bar snacks and excellent iced coffees whenever you feel in need of refreshment. For everything he only uses the freshest, locally sourced ingredients.

The Leonis team is friendly, welcoming and was very happy to help with any of our holiday needs. We would thoroughly recommend this property and would definitely return ourselves. We would like to thank Leonidas, Ana and Vangelis for the very enjoyable holiday we spent at Leonis Summer Houses.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
leonkaran, Owner at Leonis Summer Houses, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I have also shared your comments with Anna and Vangelis, who were very happy to hear them and they send many greetings.

It was so great having you and your family here. I loved also the fact that you made good use of the board games.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Leonis Summer Houses and I will make sure to have some new board games by then.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay! Out from the noisy of mykonos but only 3 km away from town.
easy to get in town by car or motorbike! Leonidas and all his staff are fantastic everyone is very helpful.
The service and the attention at the guest makes you feel unique!
Thank you very much for making those days here with you amazing !!!
If you go to mykonos don't hesitate and book at leonis summer houses, do it well in advance otherwise you won't find a place!!

• Stayed: September 2013

I look forward to welcoming you back to Leonis Summer Houses.

Leonidas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Corfos Hotel
#5 of 22 in Ornos
Kivotos Mykonos
Kivotos Mykonos
#6 of 22 in Ornos

Been to Leonis Summer Houses? Share your experiences!