“Oh My God!!!”

liverpool
“Oh My God!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2007

Well where do I start!!!
Lets say if you stay there you should bring as much from home as possible. I.E. Towels, a shower, if deciding on cooking in or even making a sandwhich, bring the whole kitchen, oh and dont forget a matress as the one on the bed is soooooooo unconfortable. we where met when we arrived at eleni after 20 mins of walking up and down the studios looking for someone he was lying on one of our beds (as the door was open).With his zip of his trousers gapping open who couldnt speak any english at all. Let me tell that was FUN ( not) as we had booked the day before on the internet and had no paper work. great start to a chill out vacation. As it was the end of the season in Zante which we knew before we went it was really quiet so the localls pestered us to eat at there restaraunt all the locals had offer like 5 euros for anything on the menu!! well people do say you get what you pay for enough said
To sum it up im glad to be home and as for Zante and cheap deal holidays i'll stick to what i know best. Booking qualitity holidays where i know im staying and what to expect.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank tracy_fairclough

Families
Ayamonte, Spain
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We booked to stay at the Eleni for two nights (13-15th July 2007) back in February, and received an email telling us that we would be met at the airport. When we arrived, there was no sign of anyone to meet us. After about 45 minutes I phoned them to ask what had happened, and they sent the daughter referred to in previous review to collect us.

She gave us a story that the previous occupants of our room had had a motorbike accident earlier that morning and therefore could not move out of the room. She said that she had searched all around for another room for us in town, but couldn't find anything as close as the Eleni. She said that she could take us to an alternative that was only ten minutes walk to town, and although it was more expensive than the Eleni, she would cover the difference. As she seemed convincing, we agreed, and she took us there. As she left, she again told us thet it was 8-10 minutes walk to all the bars and restaurants of Mykonos.

We walked to town three times during our two days, and the quickest that we managed down hill to Little Venice was just over 25 minutes, taking longer on the return up hill. The alternative accommodation that we stayed in was full of Uruguayan students who shouted and sang until about 3.30 in the morning, both nights.

I have written this "non-review" to warn others that they may be duped like us if they try to stay here. I suspect that the Eleni had recieved a request for a longer booking that our 2 nights, and merely decided that they didn't want to honour our booking, and passed us to a friend who was not full, probaby recieving a back-hander in the process.

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank Steve_n_Chris

Travelers are raving about these Ornos hotels

NYC
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We found Eleni's daughter (although since it is a year past, I cannot recall her name) as we walked off the ferry on Mykonos. I was a little leery, I have to admit, but my friend assured me that this was often the best way to find a good spot on the Greek islands. I cannot express how happy I was that I believed her! We were extra lucky; the tourist season didn't begin for another week and they were looking to rent rooms quickly & cheaply... the four of us rented two of three rooftop rooms for VERY little money for three nights. The views were lovely, the rooms very small and simple, but clean and private. It wasn't the height of comfort, but we were very pleased. Eleni did not speak any English, but always smiled and greeted us and seemed pleased with our broken attempts at Greek.

• Liked — Location and our private terrace
  • Disliked — I know that not everyone will receive the same deal we did.
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed May 10, 2006

The room was very small. I must admit it was all clean, but the beds were very uncomfortable and squeaky. In the tiny bathroom, the shower was right above the toilet, very difficult to shower, specially for my partner, who is a big guy. We had to pay every day for the previous night's stay, in cash. The worst was that the day we were leaving, the owner almost kicked us out one hour before the agreed check out time, she was very rude and mean with us all the time, but especially that day.

• Stayed September 2003
6 Thank JGioP
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2005

Average size, clean room with comfortable beds and ensuite, a/c, & TV. In the centre of town, 5 minutes from the windmills and the action of the town centre. Very quiet street.

5 Thank KER_1952
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Hotel Erato
#12 of 22 in Ornos
Anamar Blu Hotel
Anamar Blu Hotel
#19 of 22 in Ornos

Been to Studios Eleni? Share your experiences!