“I can't wait to go back!”
Review of Yiannaki Hotel

Yiannaki Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed July 11, 2007

FABULOUS HOTEL! I stayed at the Yiannaki Hotel on a three day stop in Mykonos. We did two weeks in Greece and traveled all over land and sea...this was the best hotel we stayed at the entire trip. It was fabulous!

The staff was amazing. They set up taxis for us, they also helped us book a last minute excusion to the island of Delos. The hotel's restaurant had some of the best food we had on the entire trip!

The rooms were simple, clean and comfortable. It was everything you would expect a typical Greek hotel to be. Every room (at least every room I saw) has a lovely little balcony. It isn't a huge hotel, so you don't feel like just another tourist. The pool was SO relaxing and the beach is a short walk from the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing hotel with helpful staff and great food!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Yiannaki Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2007

I am planning my third trip to Mykonos in three years, and when looking through Trip Advisor I noticed reviews on Yiannaki Hotel and I had to comment. I stayed there last year with my friend, and while the hotel is clean and pretty, I just have to say it was just the worst experience of a hotel I've ever had. When arriving to the island, be prepared to be picked up by a van driven by Yiannaki himself. As other reviews on the site point out, you are guided to a hot room, not only the first time, but every time you enter because you must leave your key (which not only unlocks your door but turns on the air-condition) at the front desk. AFter dropping your keys off, head down to venture to the bus stop so you can get to mykonos town. The bus stop is reportedly "close", meaning you need to hike a dirt path and dirt football field to stand in a poorly lit street to wait for the bus, which by the way, comes every HOUR, if you are lucky. If you prefer to call a cab, you can head to the front desk and ask the attendant to call you a cab, and she will after giving you an annoyed, dirty look and huffing and puffing while she dials the number and tries to "accommodate" you. Oh, and when you get back later that night, no matter how quietly or politely you enter the lobby, be prepared to garner judgemental stares and comments from the attendant about what a night owl you are. It's Mykonos for crying out loud! And it's not like the bus that takes you to town runs during the evening to bring you back to the hotel at a decent hour! Anyway, don't bother making friends or meeting up with family and inviting them back to your room, no one is allowed in the rooms! My friend came to visit us at 11:00 in the morning and I was aggressively told that she could not come up to the room, even for the ten minutes it was going to take me to change my clothes and dress for the beach. Instead she had to wait downstairs in the lobby and endure the stares of the attendants guarding the lobby to ensure she didn't go anywhere near my room. Overall, it was just a lot of ridiculous, unnecessary hassle and inconvenience for a vacation like this one. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
9  Thank GiannaK
Reviewed June 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Yianakki Hotel in June 2007 and i have to say this could be one of the best hotels in Greece for the money. The rooms are spotless, the restaurant is probably the best in Ornos (despite strong competition) and the people are great.

Yiannis (owner) and Panos (waiter) are great hosts, very genuine and friendly. The pool is a decent size and there are plenty of sun loungers. The pool bar is well stocked.

I believe that throughout peak season this hotel is fully booked and i can understand why.

The location is perfect, about 5-10 mins walk from beach, our balcony had views of Mykonos Town and the nearby Ornos Bay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hekler21
Reviewed May 31, 2007

The Yiannaki was a wonderful place for our first visit to Greece and when we go back we will surely stay there again. The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms spacious and tastefully decorated. We had a great view of the water from our deck and it was very relaxing and peaceful. Ornos beach is an easy 5 minute walk. The grocery store is also only a short walk, buses are very easy to catch to go into town. The grounds of the hotel are well kept and the pool area very nice with plenty of lounge chairs, umbrellas and refreshingly cool water. The on-site restaurant was amazing -- Cristos is a spectacular chef. The rest of the staff are very friendly, eager to please their guests in any way they can and make their stay special. Yianni is a very gracious owner who made us feel very welcome and shared many an evening with us. His wife always greeted us with a warm smile. We feel fortunate to have met everyone there. We truly believe that there is no other hotel on the island that would have been a better place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WayneLarson
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We have just returned from our wedding and honeymoon in Greece.
We went to Mykonos as part of our honeymoon and chose to stay here based upon the reviews on this site and we certainly were not disappointed.
Yiannis (the owner) arranged for a taxi from the port and paid for this and when we arrived we have a gift from the hotel for our wedding and complimentary refreshments brought to our room while we settled in. We were made to feel very welcome from the very 1st moment.
All the staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
This is a family business and extremely professionally run, so we got the friendly personal touch with a very high standard. You can tell that everyone cares you have a good stay.
The pool area is sensational and we had the luxury of this whilst being quiet as it was their 1st week open.
The resturant also is not only excellent value for money but they is a big variety. We enjoyed every mouthful (until we nearly burst)! Yianni is keen to please and it seems he thinks if you clear your plate then you must be still hungry as the portions were outrageous. 1 night we even had 2 free puddings too, but it was all absolutely delicious.

The hotel is a 3 minute walk from the lovely Ornos Beach to and about 3 km from town, about 5 min in a bus or taxi too!

Thank you Yiannis and everyone again ! You were great and we wish you every success. This was a far better experience than our 4 nights at the 5 star Hilton in Athens !!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank badgerfishfish
Reviewed November 21, 2006

I booked this hotel mostly by reading the tripadvisor reviews.
I am so happy I did!!
This hotel is a must to see for everyone looking for a clean,friendly and welcoming place.
Yianis and Maria were the best!!
Although the season was almost over everything was working and we all in my group felt welcome and special.
The restaurant in the hotel is number 1 in quality and in prices and Ornos beach although we didn't swim because of the cold weather just minutes away!!
I will sure send all my friends to this place!

Keep up the good work.!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank juliead
Reviewed November 6, 2006

We stayed for 4 nights in the honeymoon suite - lovely big room with queen bed. Good bathroom. Recently renovated. View of the sea (although not seafront) but maybe a little overlooked.
Nice pool/bar/restaurant - I was impressed by the food - tasty, good value and lovely waiter. Exellent whisky selection - Johnny Walker Blue label!.
Ornos Beach about 5-10 mins easy walk with nice cafes. Town a little to far to walk - buses every 30mins whilst we were there (apparently every 15 mins in season). Taxi about 4-6 euro.
Yanni and Maria (Brother/sister owners) welcoming - arranged trips/car rental/restaurant recommendations/bookings etc.
We really enjoyed staying here and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank meddyg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Corfos Hotel
#4 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#7 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Yiannaki Hotel? Share your experiences!