“AMAZING!!”

Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm here now, overlooking the completely amazing sea in complete quiet and happiness. I actually feel like I have died and gone to heaven in the incredibly tranquil Santa Marina. We are staying at the Villas which are stunning, large and have ridiculous views. Service is perfect, staff is friendly and the food has been great...a bit pricey but great. Beach is crazy private, so don't expect a party atmosphere of any sort...just very low key and beautiful.

If I had to nitpick I would say the following:

o I was a bit put off by the upsell when we first checked into the hotel about a bottle of champagne with little gold crystals that would have cost some $650-700. The LAST thing I want on day one of my vacation that I've already spent a ton on is to be unsold.
o If you have any sorts of issues climbing a bunch of stairs, I would first check with the staff to make sure your villa is close to reception, because we must go up and down about 500 steps per day going to breakfast, then the pool, then to the beach, etc. They do have a hotel golf cart, but its not always available and there are only a couple around.
o Internet service basically sucks (I know, what am I doing on the Internet when I'm in heaven!!). Also they need to fix the constant need to re-enter userID's and passwords almost every time you log in...drove us a bit crazy.
o We were told 3 different prices for the hotel van into town...one day it was "whatever you feel like giving the driver", next day it was 15 Euros and then it was 20 Euros. I'm paying a boatload of money to stay at the villa, so to pay an extra $25USD for a 5 min cab ride is a bit ridiculous. Management should include this as part of your stay.
o The gym is small but nice, but it seems as if no one pays attention to upkeep of the equipment. When we were there, of the 10 or so machines, at least 3 of them were inoperable. When we told the Spa staff about it, they were like "oh, thanks," but didn't really seem to do much about it.

Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY love this place and would go many times in the future. What a great experience.

Oh, and I also love Mykonos;)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 486paulh
There are newer reviews for Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Santa Marina was amazing! That is all I can say- we didn't want to leave. As we were leaving I told my friend that I couldn't think of one negative thing about our stay there. She was amazed that I said that as usually I can be a bit picky! The staff was so incredibly friendly going above and beyond for every request. I was even amazed at how friendly every person of the housekeepin staff we encountered was.
The walk to Ornos Bay was very quick and there were great restaurants down there. The private beach is amazing with just the right amount of light sounding music. The staff caters to ever whim- I think we changed our chairs position 5 times during the day depending on the sun! The shuttle was very easy to catch and return however we truly were there for relaxation and could see how getting back to the hotel after partying could be an issue. While pricey, I believe you get what you pay for! The strawberry mojitos on the beach were the best I have had, and walking to dinner at Gourmeat in Ornos allowed us great reasonably priced meal! I am dying to go back and it has only been 3 days!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We just spent 5 days at the Santa Marina and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was incredibly friendly and the private beach had the best sand of any that we found. The rooms were spacious, had great views, and even had roomy bathrooms with a tub/shower.

Our only issue was that food and drinks onsite were very expensive - as you would expect from a Starwood luxury collection hotel. But be prepared. Drinks on the beach were 16 euro each, the breakfast buffet was 35 euro each, and dinner menus were so expensive we could not justify eating there.

Instead, we rented a quad through the front desk. The company delivered the quad and helmets to us at the hotel, and they give you parking when you ride into Mykonos Town (~5 minutes). This provided us a way to go to other restaurants and check out other beaches around the island. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to/from Mykonos Town, but the last return to the hotel is 9:00pm, which is far too early considering that is right around sunset. Keep in mind that you will need some sort of transportation. You can walk to Ornos in ~15 minutes or so, but other than that, you need a vehicle of some sort.

Overall though we were very impressed with the staff and accommodations.

Room Tip: higher floors have much better views, but there were literally 207 stairs between the beach and our...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Santa Marina, Mykonos is a lovely property with stunning views of the ocean and their own private beach. The hotel is about 10 minutes to town by car and they offer a shuttle which is handy, however it only goes 3 times a day - 10:45am, 6:30pm and 9pm. With only 30 taxis on the island it sometimes makes it difficult to get one, especially when cruise ships arrive to town. There's wifi in the room which is nice, but it didn't work unless I used it outside. There's 1 tennis court made of artificial grass that we used and we had a lesson; 50 euro per person for 1 hour. We found this quite excessive compared to other places we've stayed. A 5 minute walk to Ornos Beach offers many restaurants and bars to chose from. The staff was always smiling, very friendly and helpful. The room has a good layout overlooking the ocean, but some of the room amenities require updating and the privacy from our balcony was lacking. Loved the island!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is by far the best hotel i have ever visited! Not only is the hotel beautiful and set in the most idyllic location but the staff are second to none. From the sea views surrounding the hotel, to the fact it was absolutely spotless, there really is nothing to fault. Breakfast is served until 11am, which is perfect for those who don't want to be up at the crack of dawn on holiday, and offers a fantastic variety of cooked breakfast, continental, fruit selection and even bubbles for those who don't mind starting early!
The swimming pools are equiped with plenty of sunbeds, in and out of the sun, with plenty of shade available if wanted. But the beach is what makes this hotel so unique. The private beach and crystal clear waters are to die for, with huge fluffy beach towels, sunbed drinks/food service, a DJ playing chilled out tunes, it just has the best atmosphere! There are huge luxury double beds in the sun and the shade, which was a real treat!
The staff can't do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble - the service is the best i have ever experienced in a hotel.
Everything about this hotel was effortless and we had the most fantastic time and would certainly go back in a heart beat!
One thing i would say, is the Beach restaurant is not cheap - approx 40 euros for a bottle of wine and the dinner for 2 approx 200 euros, but the food is excellent and the views second to none - very romantic! lovely for a treat, but Ornos has so many other restaurants only a short stroll away, that it's no bother to explore and see what else is on offer if you don't want to go far.

It goes without saying that i can't rave enough about this hotel - a real romantic and restful break!

Room Tip: if you can, try and get a refurbished room as these seemed to be closer to the main hotel and not as...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Santa Marina Mykonos was a one of the best resort I have been traveled. From the warm welcoming & attention to details of all the staffs in the resort, wherever you walked within the resort, you are surround by an amazing ocean view, a private beach & peaceful pool area just make you feel in a heaven in Greece! The restaurant offing a fantastic Greek, international & Japanese food, you can't miss this dining experience in Santa Marina, opening area facing a Ocean view is just romantic !!! The chef is super!! I must go back for my honey moon.
Sandy Lam from HK :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wow, what can I say.
This hotel is top notch! I am big on loyalty to SPG, and it paid of in the Santa Marina. They recieved us by an airport pickup which was included in my reservation, they upgraded me to a suite with a swiming pool, included a bottle of wine in our room and some regular platinum treats like breakfast and internet. The restaurant was very very good and not too expensive, the service was great! The front desk even procured some medicines for my wife that was not feeling so good. Congratulations of the fabulous location, great service, beautifull hotel and delicious restaurant. I will definetly be coming back, thank you for a great honeymoon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Kivotos Mykonos
Myconian Villa Collection
Cavo Tagoo
Cavo Tagoo
#19 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort? Share your experiences!