I'm here now, overlooking the completely amazing sea in complete quiet and happiness. I actually feel like I have died and gone to heaven in the incredibly tranquil Santa Marina. We are staying at the Villas which are stunning, large and have ridiculous views. Service is perfect, staff is friendly and the food has been great...a bit pricey but great. Beach is crazy private, so don't expect a party atmosphere of any sort...just very low key and beautiful.
If I had to nitpick I would say the following:
o I was a bit put off by the upsell when we first checked into the hotel about a bottle of champagne with little gold crystals that would have cost some $650-700. The LAST thing I want on day one of my vacation that I've already spent a ton on is to be unsold.
o If you have any sorts of issues climbing a bunch of stairs, I would first check with the staff to make sure your villa is close to reception, because we must go up and down about 500 steps per day going to breakfast, then the pool, then to the beach, etc. They do have a hotel golf cart, but its not always available and there are only a couple around.
o Internet service basically sucks (I know, what am I doing on the Internet when I'm in heaven!!). Also they need to fix the constant need to re-enter userID's and passwords almost every time you log in...drove us a bit crazy.
o We were told 3 different prices for the hotel van into town...one day it was "whatever you feel like giving the driver", next day it was 15 Euros and then it was 20 Euros. I'm paying a boatload of money to stay at the villa, so to pay an extra $25USD for a 5 min cab ride is a bit ridiculous. Management should include this as part of your stay.
o The gym is small but nice, but it seems as if no one pays attention to upkeep of the equipment. When we were there, of the 10 or so machines, at least 3 of them were inoperable. When we told the Spa staff about it, they were like "oh, thanks," but didn't really seem to do much about it.
Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY love this place and would go many times in the future. What a great experience.
Oh, and I also love Mykonos;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Marina is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye. Rooms and suites all have beautifully refurbished designer interiors and panoramic sea views from their individual balconies. Our private villas were built to take maximum advantage of the spectacular sea views, while affording the utmost privacy to guests. Throughout the property, traditional, sugar-cube Mykonian architecture is woven through sparkling private pools, terraces and lush gardens. Santa Marina Mykonos houses the worlds first, Buddha-Bar Beach Restaurant as well as a fully renovated pool restaurant. Be pampered with the finest Spa treatments in the new GInkgo Spa, relax on our private beach or refresh with a dip in the breathtaking Oasis Pool. Guests also can look forward to a completely redesigned concept for all rooms, suites and suites with private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Marina Resort And Villas
- Santa Marina Resort & Villas Hotel Ornos
- Santa Marina Hotel
- Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort Mykonos/Ornos