We just spent 5 days at the Santa Marina and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was incredibly friendly and the private beach had the best sand of any that we found. The rooms were spacious, had great views, and even had roomy bathrooms with a tub/shower.
Our only issue was that food and drinks onsite were very expensive - as you would expect from a Starwood luxury collection hotel. But be prepared. Drinks on the beach were 16 euro each, the breakfast buffet was 35 euro each, and dinner menus were so expensive we could not justify eating there.
Instead, we rented a quad through the front desk. The company delivered the quad and helmets to us at the hotel, and they give you parking when you ride into Mykonos Town (~5 minutes). This provided us a way to go to other restaurants and check out other beaches around the island. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to/from Mykonos Town, but the last return to the hotel is 9:00pm, which is far too early considering that is right around sunset. Keep in mind that you will need some sort of transportation. You can walk to Ornos in ~15 minutes or so, but other than that, you need a vehicle of some sort.
Overall though we were very impressed with the staff and accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Marina is an uber-luxe retreat for explorers and collectors of the world’s island idyll experiences. Set overlooking the exquisite and iconic Ornos Bay, Santa Marina crucially commands the only private beach on Mykonos, making its transparent turquoise waters and white silk sands a genuine sanctuary from the public eye. Rooms and suites all have beautifully refurbished designer interiors and panoramic sea views from their individual balconies. Our private villas were built to take maximum advantage of the spectacular sea views, while affording the utmost privacy to guests. Throughout the property, traditional, sugar-cube Mykonian architecture is woven through sparkling private pools, terraces and lush gardens. Santa Marina Mykonos houses the worlds first, Buddha-Bar Beach Restaurant as well as a fully renovated pool restaurant. Be pampered with the finest Spa treatments in the new GInkgo Spa, relax on our private beach or refresh with a dip in the breathtaking Oasis Pool. Guests also can look forward to a completely redesigned concept for all rooms, suites and suites with private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Marina Resort And Villas
- Santa Marina Resort & Villas Hotel Ornos
- Santa Marina Hotel
- Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort Mykonos/Ornos