“Bad service and average food”
Review of Ithaki - CLOSED

Ithaki
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Bad service and average food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The front desk of our hotel recommended this restaurant and when we turned up we understood why based on the location. Unfortunately the service left much to be desired and really spoilt the entire experience. The first two attempts at ordering a meal, the dish was unavailable. Third time lucky i ordered spag bol and my partner ordered a grilled chicken dish. My dish arrived and his was nowhere to be seen. Staff kept walking past our table with other tables orders and then seemed to divert their return to the kitchen via outside so as to even avoid having to deal with us. It was as if we were being intentionally ignored. Finally about ten minutes later when my dish was cold, the other arrived. A lady who had been sitting outside eating with her friends delivered it with a weak apology - way too late as I ended up quite frustrated. When our waiter finally came to ask how the meal was and take away the dishes I said it was ok other than the fact we couldn't eat together. He didn't seem to fussed by this feedback. I have to admit this is the first time in years I just couldn't bring myself to leave a tip. Do yourself a favor and don't go there. We have had great meals in Mykonos - this was not one of them.

1 Thank Sarah P

• Greek first
Portland, Oregon
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

They have authentic Greek food and there's nothing like eating while looking out at the sea. Very good grilled fish.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Martin W
Reigate
“Great location”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have eaten here a few times and the food is always good. I particularly like having a very laid back lunch here, overlooking the sea and we are able to watch the children playing on the beach.

Visited May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst service ever - stay away”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First off when we walked in, no one greeted us. We had to go up to the cashier and ask for a table. They seated us behind a tree but with a nice view of the beach. It took over 15 mins to even get a menu. The server only came by 3 times during our entire visit - one to take the order, one to serve us the food and one to collect the dishes after we ate. No one ever came by to ask how our meal was. We tried to wave down several servers to get our bill but no one saw us or acknowledged us. Finally we got up and went to the cashier to get the bill. The food was below average. I would suggest you stay away from Ithaki...they do not take care of thier customers. There are many, many other restaurants to choose from in Mykonos who would be happy to serve their customers.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank travel_bug0122
Brooklyn, New York
“Most indifferent service”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a bizarre experience. The wait staff ignored us,delivered the wrong food, dumped a complimentary dessert on the table without explanation (we thought it was another incorrect order). The lamb was the best I have ever eaten. The stuffed calamari the toughest I have ever eaten. By the time we left the overall experience was one of anger and frustration. A good dinner, spoiled.

• Visited September 2012