“AMAZING”

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Ornos
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Amazing service, always so pleasant and there for your needs. Often given complimentary desert or drinks with dinner.
Food was great.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We ate here on our final night in Mykonos after 3 weeks on the islands. The location is a little hard to find but look for the Yiannaki Hotel signs and follow those .. the restaurant is about a 10 minute walk from the beach.
I would say the food quality was well above our other dinners on Mykonos though below that of other islands. To start, we ordered the Tzatiki, and greek salad (both were quite good). For dinner I had the Moussaka (quite good) while my wife ordered the lamb (just OK; probably our least favorite lamp meal in 3 weeks). For desert, we were given free ice cream which was a nice touch.
Total bill with one drink each was $35E (Very good for Mykonos standards).
Service was quite slow (and yet they were not busy) ...
Overall, best place we ate in Ornos but we had hoped for more.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate dinner here twice during our stay at Yiannaki hotel as well as breakfast every day of our stay. Breakfast was quite basic (bread, cheese, cold meats, eggs, bacon, fruit etc) but did the trick. Dinner was pretty good as well, we loved the zucchini balls and the prawn and cream cheese spring roll appetisers. My husband had the fillet steak which he enjoyed. I found my chicken souvlaki a little dry as it didn't have a sauce. We Los had the shrimp sagaNaku which was pretty average. The waiting staff were excellent and on both nights we were offered a free dessert. Seating outside by the pool was lovely and as it was towards the end of the summer season, it wasn't very busy so we could have a very relaxing meal.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's beyond me how anybody could find fault with the food or service here.

I regularly eat out at a variety of Restaurants - from Michelin starred to basic and although I found the food on Mykonos overall to be underwhelming, in my opinion what we ate at Aleka's was as good, and in many cases much better than most of the exhorbitantly expensive places in Mykonos town.

I often wonder at some reviews and I am especially wary of those which express an opinion on one occasion only. So among all my many contributions, here's what I think about Aleka's based on fact, my opinion and my experience.

As Hotel Restaurants go, Yiannakis Hotel's Aleka's Restaurant is pretty good. the price was reasonable and as I said the food is very good, as was the service. My Husband ordered a pork loin in a Madiera sauce which was lovely. I felt like eating something simple so I went for pizza with a topping of greek cured sausage and a delicious local cheese (with a flavour that was reminiscent of a good Camembert) and it too was lovely.
A few hours, a litre of local red wine, a few dark sweet Greek coffees and two complimentary liqueurs of our choice later we left wondering why the place wasn't packed. Maybe it is because this is a Hotel Restaurant, or perhaps because Aleka's is not in an obvious position like others on the beach front

On the evening we had dinner there I was really surprised to find so few other diners there, given the quality of food and service. So If you are staying in Ornos do try Aleka's.

Next time we visit Ornos it would be great to see Aleka's buzzing, and as busy as it deserves to be.

From the crossroads in Ornos near Korfos windsurfer's beach - its not too far to walk, head along the Aghios Ioannis road and look out for the sign post for Yiannakis Hotel.

1  Thank dondenext
Reviewed September 10, 2012

ate here twice good both times lacks vegetables the steak with maderia sauce was beautiful friendly service and reasonable price overlooking hotel pool.