After leaving a Out Rigger I was thinking, what have I done. I should just get on a plane and leave. Fiji is just trying to take my money and laugh at me…yes, I wasn’t in the best mood. I think my poor transfer driver!
I was greeted with warmth. The manager was there. I explained my bad mood and that there was a possibility that my card would not be working and wanted to confirm that my accommodation was paid. He even let me check my emails and email my work to ask to transfer my pay early as my credit card was not working!
I could of hugged him.
I was taken to my hut. It was awesome. Just what I needed. Massive on the inside, two double beds, kitchenette area leading into the bathroom area. Yep, not much, but clean and inviting.
The staff made sure I was welcome, the guests ended up being like long lost friends. We all wanted to share in experiences but also have out own time. We ate together, joked and of course.. beers an drinks together.
Wasn't the best weather there at that time. But hey- I wasn't at work, I had cold beer and people to laugh with.
I booked in a dive with a drop off at the other hotel and a pick up. I ended up only doing part of the first dive as had problems with my ear. On the way back the other hotel ended up dropping my off on the beach. Great to see hotels working together rather than not at all.
I just want to thank the crew at Crusoe's Retreat. Each of you make it that special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst lush tropical gardens and fronting a palm-fringed sandy beach and stunning lagoon, Crusoe’s Retreat is a friendly, intimate, traditional Fijian resort. Featuring only 29 Fijian-inspired Bures, Crusoe’s truly embodies all that is wonderful about the Fiji Islands: world-famous hospitality, an unhurried pace, fresh island cuisine, lots of complimentary activities, and a dedication to local culture and traditions. Crusoe’s Retreat truly is Fiji. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Crusoe's Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crusoe`s Retreat Hotel Coral Coast
- Crusoes Retreat Coral Coast
- Crusoes Retreat Hotel
- Crusoe's Retreat Fiji/Coral Coast