We loved our stay at Crusoes having spent 5 nights there. We were greeted by the lovely Atu with shell necklaces and a cool drink and had our bags carried up to our delux seaview bure.
Great activities on offer. I suggest to the managers it would be a good idea to have a wet weather back up activities plan. We came to kick back and relax and did that most of the time. The local village located a very short stroll along the beach (Namaqumaqua) was beautiful. You get to see a part of local traditional fijian culture. I loved going on the local bus to pacific harbour for a small bus fare, also note that it cost us $10 cash to get to the main road or you can walk the 4kms. Its a great isolated location.
I suggest you withdraw cash at atm located at airport if you wish to bus/trinket shop/or eat in the village. There are no atm at crusoes. No TV was perfect too, no radio, just lots of friendly local fun and music in the bar. The beautiful locals play relaxing guitar at afternoon tea and the announcing of happy hour is traditional drums. Take part in the pounding of the Kava and the Kava ceremony with water that is fresh at resort, no risk. Even children participated in this. We loved the crab/frog racing, the Lovo was delicious!
Almost everything at service counter is on fiji time, however the meals order and service very prompt! Evenings are great for chatting/drinking with other tourists and bar tending service of drinks was fantastic! The breakfast is very good with cereal, toast, coffee/tea, juices, yummy fresh fruit and a variety of cooked eggs.
Everything is cashless at resort, except transport to road. Tipping is not allowed however you can donate to staff fund. I suggest you take clothes you are willing to donate for the locals and fill up case with trinkets/souvenirs on leaving Fiji :)
Room service seemed as if only bed was made and towels replaced.
Feedback to managers; thank you for your follow up with issue, i suggest a back up wet weather planning of activities and postal service/or mailbag at resort. More interaction with your facebook page and email enquires needed.
Thank you for a wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst lush tropical gardens and fronting a palm-fringed sandy beach and stunning lagoon, Crusoe’s Retreat is a friendly, intimate, traditional Fijian resort. Featuring only 29 Fijian-inspired Bures, Crusoe’s truly embodies all that is wonderful about the Fiji Islands: world-famous hospitality, an unhurried pace, fresh island cuisine, lots of complimentary activities, and a dedication to local culture and traditions. Crusoe’s Retreat truly is Fiji. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crusoe's Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crusoe`s Retreat Hotel Coral Coast
- Crusoes Retreat Coral Coast
- Crusoes Retreat Hotel
- Crusoe's Retreat Fiji/Coral Coast