I have just arrived back from the Warwick Resort and below is my HONEST opinion of my stay. It should be noted that I was married here 2 years ago and SO wanted this holiday to be duplicated.
THE RESORT – 2 years ago it seemed like the resort concentrated on guests rather than the dollar, but it was definitely different this time around. 2 years ago non motorised sport were no charge, this time around you have to pay for some of them. Its just a feeling I had but it was definitely dollar driven this time around.. The music around the resort needs to be updated. There is a definite need for music in the pool area it would improve the atmosphere and there needs to one theme of music throughout the resort, if you are sitting in the sunset bar you can hear different music from the reception and from the night club, not to mention the trio that wander around singing (which is great). Seems trivial I know but when you are there its very distracting
ROOMS – we stayed in the Warwick Club rooms, king size bed very spacious and neat. We had turn down service each night which was a nice touch. Cleaning was carried out every morning and the service was excellent. The downfall of the room was the TV. Given that the guests at the Warwick would be 80% English speaking patron you would expect that the TV would have the majority of English speaking channels, but this is not the case. 3 out of about 15 channels were English speaking, the other channels were 2 x Chinese, French, Russian, Al Juzee,, fashion and 1 cartoon show. There were movie channels but at FJ$19.95 per movie its was a little pricey. They desperately need Foxtel or similar. Those who say you don’t stay in your room that’s true but when it rains regularly its nice to spend time watching a bit of TV.
POOL AREA – it is obvious that there is no pool maintenance I say this because of the black mould in the hush pool and the thick scum around the top of the main pool cause by possibly sun block. Either way you cant really lean agains itt in a white rash vest or you get a brown stain on it. There was a light just near the steps where little kids hang around that had come off the pool wall and had exposed wires, we reported it but it fell on deaf hears. The seating area is not adequate for the amount of people that use the main pool, the hush pool area has plenty of seating including 2 x cabanas and 5 x umbrellas, where the main pool has a total of 36 deck chairs with 4 x umbrellas, there is just no respite from the sun if you are not one of the first to ‘secure’ you spot in the morning. I will say what I said 2 years ago, they need some sort of shade cloth over the main pool area.
MEALS/DRINKS – if you have a chance to have your meals and/or drinks included in the package my advice is to take it, you definitely wont regret it. We booked a room through the Internet and got a great price that’s why we didn’t have the package. We did enquire about the meal package at the reception and it was available but at FJ$80 per day we just couldn’t justify it, as it was we didn’t really spend that much per day on food. Meals are expensive don’t be fooled, a hamburger at the pool side grill was FJ$23 (A$15) at dinner the meal price rose significantly, we dined at the Italian restaurant and ordered the Mariana Pizza, at FJ$45 you would think that would be a family size pizza, but it wasn’t, it was a 6 inch pizza for one person, maybe it wouldn’t have been an issue had it been nice, but it was just average. So if you can get the meal package grab it. The drinks reasonably price when you compare it to Australia, if you had the drink package its definitely worth it. The only suggestion I can make is that there needs to be some variation in the Bula Brassiere, its like groundhog day if you haven’t got the meal package. The Italian restaurant is very nice and food is pretty good, but you pay through the nose to eat there.
WARWICK LOUNGE – unless its included in your price and you get a great deal don’t pay the extra because its definitely not worth it. The lounge opens for continental breakfast then closes until afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is nice and the coffee is really good, the food included is average and you only get minimum amounts which I found funny seeing as we were the only ones in the club lounge at times. Pre-dinner drinks was pretty good you get a couple of drinks in between 5.30 – 7.00pm and again minimum food. This was included in our room deal so it wasn’t a biggy but I definitely wouldn’t have paid extra for it. The staff (in particular Maelita) were fantastic and always greeted you by name and always had a smile for you.
MANAGEMENT – I was disappointed knowing that the General Manager wandered around day in, day out and not once did he approach guests to ask them how they were enjoying their stay. He lost a fantastic opportunity at the Xmas Eve cocktails to get up on the stage and welcome everyone but failed to do this. Had it not been for a staff member I asked who this person was, I would still be at a loss. He never wore a name tag, yet the resort manager Jack did. I don’t know if he is a permanent resident at the resort (he was staying in one of the suites there) if he is he needs to mingle with guests to get feed back, I would have loved to give him this feed back Im writing.
PROUDS – the resort now has Prouds which sells perfume/jewellery, my advice be very very careful of the staff in this shop. They will give you a Fijian price and convert it to Australian, you think it’s a great price until you realise they are dividing at the exchange rate of $1.76 when the resorts exchange rate is $1.53. They will hand out brochures for the store, if you find something cheaper in that brochure that is significantly marked up in their store, they will tell you that the brochure doesn’t apply at their store, it’s the city store, they are very deceitful and should not be trusted. Again this is where management should be stepping in.
I tried so hard to write a positive review on this resort, I wanted it so bad because its where we were married, but I have to be honest and those who go can make up their own minds about the Warwick, this is to help those who are undecided. Don’t get me wrong, the Warwick is a great resort and still one of the top resorts in Fiji, you just need to go there prepared.
TIP - if you havent got the meal/drink package or just have the meal package, apply for the Warwick Club card A$25 you received 10% off the final bill when checking out. Dont get too excited about the free upgrade, I tried to get it and the FREE upgrade was going to cost me FJ$75 per night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warwick Fiji is uniquely located on a stretch of brilliant gold sand beach with crystal clear lagoons on Fiji's famed Coral Coast. It is nestled among acres of lush tropical gardens and has long been regarded as one of Fiji's premier holiday destination. Boasting a total of 248 carefully decorated rooms and deluxe suites, The Warwick Fiji strives to offer every discerning traveler with the opportunity to fully enjoy a tropical and culturally rewarding Fijian holiday experience. The Resort offers a fine selection of exquisite dining options, including Italian, Japanese, Seafood and alternating nightly International themed buffets which are complemented by a choice of 7 bars including a swim-up pool bar. The Warwick Fiji also boasts excellent conferencing facilities and its team has the versatility and the expertise to ensure that your next meeting or event is successful. An exotic location coupled with its picturesque garden setting also makes The Warwick Fiji an ideal weddings and honeymoon destination. Truly a favorite amongst couples, families, groups and senior travelers, The Warwick Fiji is your perfect choice for an unforgettable and inescapable tropical holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Warwick Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Fiji Resort And Spa
- Warwick Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Warwick Fiji Viti Levu
- Warwick Viti Levu
- Fiji Warwick
- Viti Levu Warwick
- The Warwick Fiji Hotel
- The Warwick Fiji Coral Coast