..the two problems were checking out and the spa treatment - but more about that later.
Transportation - we pre arranged pick up at Nadi and the private car was waiting ($150 Fiji). The trip was a liitle longer than we expected but the road conditions are not the best and it was dark for half the trip so we were glad the driver took his time. Return was by taxi ($120Fiji) which we arranged at the desk. No problems either way.
Room - we stayed in a Warwick Club room (room 397) which we think was probably the best in the resort - we did not ask for 397 but were very glad it was allocated to us. We booked direct with the resort and stayed 9 nights so perhaps the resort gave us a favourable allocation for these reasons. These rooms are in the Suva wing which we believe is the quieter end of the resort. Others seemed quite happy with ground floor rooms in the same wing.
Staff - overall, we found them both helpful and friendly - including the general manager who we spoke to in passing several times as he walked around the resort. We did find the service to be less impressive at the Lagoon Bar and Grill - but others made up for this.
Food - breakfast buffet very good, but as with buffets all around the world 'hot' is not always as hot as it should be. The eggs were cooked whilst you waited and were very good.
Lunch - recommend eat indoors (ie the Bula Brasserie) and not the Lagoon Bar and Grill. Service and food quality both better inside.
Dinner - the buffets were OK, the Italian very good (but one night they did forget to ask for our order and then forgot to bring it ) - but we highly recommend the Regina Pizza - and the Japanese Teppanyaki was superb.
Overall food was better than we expected.
Location / facilities - the report is not new, it apparently was originally the Hyatt and is probably 20 years or more old - but in general it is in good shape. The staff take the time to keep the beach in good order every day and the snorkeling is quite good most of the day. There are tennis courts, put-put golf and other forms of sporting entertainment - which again are not brand new but in good enough condition to enjoy. The grounds / gardens are well maintained and very enjoyable to just walk around. The pool near the Warick Club rooms is generally quieter and more shady than the other end.
Value for money - we are a married couple with no children and found the all inclusive package to be excellent. No complaints about what we were entitled to and we did go above the 'allowance' in the Japanese restaurant to get what we wanted without concern. All inclusive is highly recommened as you know up front what the cost is going to be - and it is extra good value if you enjoy a glass of wine or two (or three). Obviously we can't comment on whether it would be of value for those with children and we defer to other recommendations on that issue.
Spa - wife booked for deluxe facial but was told on arrival equipment had broken down and only received aroma therapy facial. She now realises how good her beautician in Brisbane really is - the treatment was less than promised and even after adjusting her expectations down - was still less than impressed.
Checkout - from other comments and from personal observations the resort does need to spend some time working out how to keep track of all inclusive expenses. The resort asks you to sign for each item (drink / dinner etc) so they can keep track for internal purposes - but some of these end up on you bill by mistake (ie it is all inclusive so you don't actually pay separately). We spent 45 minutes at the checkout counter sorting things out.
Would we return - yes, if we had not already been to Fiji several times (most recently Shangri La Fijian resort in 2007 - Warrick is far better). The next beach holiday will be elsewhere, but that does not mean we did not throughly enjoy the Warwick.
The weather was not very kind to us - but it is hard to blame the resort for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned along a stretch of golden sand beach and crystal clear lagoons in the heart of Fiji’s Coral Coast, Warwick Fiji is the perfect place to escape the daily woes of life and immerse in tropical bliss with the world’s friendliest people. Warwick Fiji is far enough from the daily hustle and bustle and close enough to still keep in touch. What memories will guests take home from their visit? Perhaps it will be the memory of the most extraordinary tennis game of their life or tying the knot with their soul mate against a spectacular setting sun. Maybe it will be the time spent with family enjoying the many marvels of Warwick Fiji, or perhaps our guest will have hosted a business meeting so epic that it earns rave reviews. Deeply entwined with the beauty and hospitality of the Coral Coast, Warwick Fiji welcomes guests to come make a little history of their own. Stretching over 28 lushly landscaped acres, our elegantly crafted luxury resort provides a rich palette of ex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Warwick Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Fiji Resort And Spa
- Warwick Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Warwick Fiji Viti Levu
- Warwick Viti Levu
- Fiji Warwick
- Viti Levu Warwick
- The Warwick Fiji Hotel
- The Warwick Fiji Coral Coast