“Nightmare Hotel”
Review of The Warwick Fiji

The Warwick Fiji
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Coral Coast
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After having 2 bad nights in another so called 5 star resort on the coral coast, I phoned the Warwick to ensure they had clean tidy rooms without bugs and mould etc, the staff member assured me they were very clean etc. So that night we arrived at the Warwick, as soon as we entered the room there were two cockroaches crawling around. We were so exhausted after changing rooms that we didn't do anything about it that night. The next day was worse, so many ants everywhere, crawling all over my babies formula etc so we demanded to change room, also the air con was barely working which was horrible for our baby. We got a new room, again the air con was so bad, maze well of not been on at all. To make things worse after we came back into our room I opened the fridge and there was a cockroach inside the fridge crawling around with my babies formula!! This is not acceptable. We checked out early and got refunded for the remaining two nights, to be honest I think we should have been refunded for the first two nights it was that bad.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Thededas
Dean S, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Thededas from New Zealand

All feedback is important to grow and improve, some needs to be interpreted for many motivations.

We are well aware of your stay with us and your arrival in the evening from another 5 star hotel on the coral coast that you departed under angry aggresive circumstances as you were not satisfied with that property rior to your arrival at The WarwickFiji.

As several managers and many line staff were involved with you and searching for answers to your concerns during your brief time with us, we are at a loss to identify several of your concerns.

We will take on board your comments and analyse for the context that they were conveyed.

We are concerned and bemused to see that we are the only recipiant hotel of your anger of your time being in Fiji.

We understand that you were refunded from your previous property also that you departed before you came to the Warwick Fiji.

We are concerned with several of your comments to our front office staff and front office manager that included your statement that "Fiji was a filthy place".

As from the fantastic reviews and experiences that our guests share on this incredibly powerful social media platform, and as an expat from the first world living in this beautiful country and being privileged to know the people I work with, I am embarrassed and offended by this comment.

There are newer reviews for The Warwick Fiji

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently celebrated my honeymoon at the Warwick and I have to say that the staff went above the call the ensure that we had the most enjoyable stay possible! The restaraunt good was beautiful the shows performed including fire twirling and the tepinyaki chef were mind blowing and the water is amazing. Don't forget the swim up bar!!! I have recommended this place to family and friends because I truly had the most amazing time! Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank NicM37
Dean S, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi NicM37

Thank you for your views of your saty with us here at The Warwick Fiji.

We have a great team here at The Warwick Fiji and I believe some of the best staff I have the pleasure of working with that try and give a great experience to each and everyone of our guests whilst staying at our resort.

We look forward to seeing you soon

generl manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great hotel and the stand out feature was the staff. Excellent Japanese restaurant one of the best in Fiji or maybe in the South Pacific. They also have 4 other restaurants to choose from . Rooms were good and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi David t

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with us here at The Warwick Fiji.

Like alot of our other previous guests, you have found out how special our staff are at The Warwick Fiji and how much they enhance the guest experience whilst here in Fiji.

The restaurants are great and provide for those wanting more from there holiday in cuisine terms with our speciality restaurants that provide beautifully presented food with varying themes from Japanese, Italian, daily caught seafood to contempoary themed buffets that change in the menu offereing each evening.

David t, we thank you for your comments about our rooms condition, as the team have been working hard to ensure that we provide one of the most presenatble and clean rooms in the Pacific region. I will surely pass this onto the team.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

After reading mixed reviews on TripAdvisor I was a bit concerned however I shouldn't of been. The Warwick Resort & Spa is a great resort. It was clean, tidy and all the staff were brilliant.

The buffet breakfast has a huge variety and tastes great. We also ate at the Italian Restaurant and the food was brilliant there also. They had just introduced a HAPPY 2 HOURS from 6pm - 8pm (I think those were the hours) cocktails were only $10FJD...needless to say we took full advantage of that.

Even though it was really quiet and not many guests they still offered activities each day for adults and kiddies so you could ever be bored. The staff were fabulous and definitely made our experience, how they remember everyone's name is amazing!

They also have Club Warwick which is only $25AUD to join for lifetime membership and the benefits are worth it.

Compared to the other resorts I stayed at the Warwick was definitely the best. I will be back!

My only tips would be to buy bottled water before you get there and exchange your money at the Nadi Airport.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor right next to the main pool, which I would recommend. Especially...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jamsta_91

Hi Jacinta_91

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay here at the Warwick Fiji.

We are glad that you had a great Fiji experience and enjoyed the different restaurants that we provide at The WarwickFiji, and the great food that the chefs produce everyday in all the restaurants and buffets for brekafst and dinner.

I will pass onto the team your kind comments of your interaction here at the resort as our guests certainly appreciate the effort the team members place into their service delivery and completing of all there tasks in their respective departments to ensure our guests have a great experience in Fiji and here at The Warwick.

We look forward to seeing you again

Dean Swaagman

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Well what a time had.... We stayed at the Warwick for a week and it was just amazing!!! From the time we arrived we received a complimentary bottle of Fiji water and a ice cold face cloth to wake us up ready for happy hour on the sun deck!!
We read a lot of other reviews on Trip adviser before we got there, some great, and some not, but our experience was fantastic.... From being served at the pool bar by the friendly Saleen, Tui and Paul to the bistro where you always get a friendly Bulla on arrival. The food was yummy day and night. The teppanyaki, cooked by Kevin, and the Sea food would have been our favourite, and if you love seafood you must get the platter for two!!!!!!!!!! The meals aren't the cheapest in the world if you just look at the Fiji prices, but when you convert it back to Australian dollars it usually works out to be about what we would pay at a home! If you want to do it on the cheap you can and if you wanted to splurge you sure can!
If your going with kids and want a day or all your days to your self, put them into kids club ($5fiji). There wasn't a day where the kids we saw were board, CK is the man who runs it and you really couldn't get a better person, he even got us coconuts fresh from the tree so we could wipe a thing off my bucket list, cocktails in a coconut at a swim up bar :) you're a legend CK....
The resort was half being renovated while we were there, Suva side, but that did not hamper us at all. The power went out possibly 3 times but was back on in 5 minutes. The only thing I would say the resort needs is a nice big shade cloth over half the pool to help with water temp and stop us getting so burnt when all the shaded seats are taken and maybe some non slip surfaces around the pool.
All in all we had a great time at the Warwick and will be back again. We loved the friendly people and the relaxing atmosphere and we even made some good friends from all over Australia and the world.....

Thanks again

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona S
Dean S, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi Fiona S

Thank you for the great and kind words, I will surely pass them onto the team.

We are glad that you enjoyed your experience here with us at The Warwick Fiji.

About the shade, sorry for the fact that we are in need of shade at present, but have 30 umbrellas ordered and being delivered to match all the new pool lounges and also many oher enhancements that have been ordered for the public areas and restaurants and bars. We await shipping schedules from overseas countries and the relevant legislative clearances through customes etc.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks again for the time taken to write your feedback.

kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2014

What an awesome place...
This was our 4th time to Fiji,but 1st to the Warwick, we usually stay at the Hideaway. After reading some reviews , I was a little scared as to what I had done. I needent had been, it was fantastic .The resort was very clean. I was impressed that each morning one of the activities staff mopped (and scrubbed ) the entire pool deck .
One our second day there was a low of the coast and the staff went into preventive action mode sand bagging and boarding up the windows to prevent damage. Knowing that we were in for a couple of days of not so good weather coming, they moved 2 pool tables , 2 table tennis table and a dart board across to the KCCC room to entertain the guests.
The food was really good,however we didn't eat at the Italian.
The staff were fantastic,especially Simon the concierge manager.

Room Tip: We prefer aground floor room , it was close and easy access to pool area .There is a FANTASTIC littl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NanaSuz069
Dean S, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Hi NanaSuzo69

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us here at The Warwick Fiji.

We note your trepidation with the initial booking of your visit due to previous reviews, which were based on an unconfortable window of time over the christmas and new year week due to the air conditioning not being at full capacity. This previous issue has been completely rectiifed and operating at full capacity since those uncomfortable few days.

Please be assured that our guests like your yourself are having an enjoyable Fijian experience in a naturally beautiful location environment.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Simon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hi my name is Tanya,
I would like to thank the staff first and for-most for making myself and my husband feel extremely welcome on our honey moon, so thank you! Also for helping us understand the Fijian culture, which we really enjoyed! The stories the scenery, the kava, and all the activity guys who made every night entertaining! the kayaking with a guide (Thomas) it was the ultimate package. And let's not for get Paul in the pool bar.

The Warwick resort and spa is a beautiful get away and is being improved each day as we saw these changes taking place.

As I was informed that the Warwick resort and spa is under going multiple up grades, I look forward to returning with my husband and daughter (very family friendly) and taking part hope fully in all the up coming cultural aspects that are to be introduced.

I would also like to thank the GM Dean Swaagman for taking the time to chat with me and my husband and inform us of what we can look forward to from the resort and spa in the near future.

We are truly thank ful and would like to recommend this resort to any body wanting a Fijian holiday!

Yours kindly,
Tanya Haufano.
Vinaka 16/2 - 22/2

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TMEHaufano

Hi TME Haufano

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your experiences here at The Warwick Fiji.

We are glad that you had a memorable honeymoon and that you enjoyed the cultural aspects that were on offer to be enjoyed.

You write that you noticed our upgrade program which is something we constantly will strive to present a beautiful resort and facilities to our guests.

We look forward to having you back at The Warwick Fiji soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Coast
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Warwick Fiji? Share your experiences!