I had read some mixed reviews, so wanted to share my own thoughts. Yes, it is approx 2 hrs drive from Nadi airport, but I expected this, and actually enjoyed the ride each way as I was able to see some of the country. I asked the hotel to organise my transfers before I left for my trip, and they happily obliged.
The room: Me and a friend stayed in a mountain view room on the 2nd floor of the Nadi wing. We had 2 double beds, roomy bathroom, desk, chairs, tv, fridge and balcony with amazing views. The room was serviced daily, and although we werent always given beach towels, they were provided when asked for.
The food: we had a breakfast buffet included and I particularly enjoyed the made to order omelettes. As we were there 5 nights we tried out each restaurant once. I had a hamburg at the a la carte...it was fine but not amazing. The japanese restaurant was great, though you have to get in early in the morning to make a reservation for tepanyaki. I had fried chicken and it was beautiful! I had a great pizza at the Italian restaurant and throughly enjoyed all the options at the International Buffet. I am not a seafood eater, but the seafood restaurant served up my favourite meal from the trip...a beautiful steak. I found there to be a good option of food, and most are what I expected price wise for a resort. There is also a New Zealand Ice cream hut with drinks and ice cream, multiple bars, and outside areas for lunch. We generally shared a lunch after having a big breakfast. The service was slow by Australian standards, but remember, you are on Fiji time, so sit back and relax and enjoy the place. I found all the staff to be incredibly helpful and friendly. We paid cash for some meals, and charged some to the room.
The facilities: it was quite cool, with some rain and wind while we were there, so we didnt spend a lot of time in the pool. Mostly we gravitated to the banana lounges and hammocks that are strewn along the beach. I enjoyed the free kayak hire, and saw fish while we were out there. We also used the games room, which offered table tennis (free), fusball, pool and air hockey (for a nominal charge). there are free activities throughout the day, but we mostly read by the beach. The beach was beautiful....most people say the coral coast is rocky beaches, but the warwick is sandy and a great spot. There is also a jewellery shop, a general store with souveniers and some snacks, and another souvenier/clothes shop.
Other: I had a massage at the day spa, and it was the best massage I ever had. We did have to book a day in advance. If you walk along the beach from the resort to the left, there is a little family run business offering horse riding, cheaper massages than the resort, some hand made souveniers etc, and down the beach from the hotel to the right are some huts selling various items. We bought sarongs from the friendly locals there, and they were a lot cheaper than the resort, and nice to know you are helping a local.
Wifi is incredibly expensive, so my advice is forget the internet while you are there.
The reception stuff were helpful and friendly, and more than happy to oblige when we asked for copies of our bill to check every second day. Also, when our tour didnt turn up, they went out of their way to help, and even sent us into town to meet them via taxi.
I could not fault the Warwick. It is a beautiful hotel in an amazing location, and I would happily reccommend it and definitely hope to stay their again sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warwick Fiji is uniquely located on a stretch of brilliant gold sand beach with crystal clear lagoons on Fiji's famed Coral Coast. It is nestled among acres of lush tropical gardens and has long been regarded as one of Fiji's premier holiday destination. Boasting a total of 248 carefully decorated rooms and deluxe suites, The Warwick Fiji strives to offer every discerning traveler with the opportunity to fully enjoy a tropical and culturally rewarding Fijian holiday experience. The Resort offers a fine selection of exquisite dining options, including Italian, Japanese, Seafood and alternating nightly International themed buffets which are complemented by a choice of 7 bars including a swim-up pool bar. The Warwick Fiji also boasts excellent conferencing facilities and its team has the versatility and the expertise to ensure that your next meeting or event is successful. An exotic location coupled with its picturesque garden setting also makes The Warwick Fiji an ideal weddings and honeymoon destination. Truly a favorite amongst couples, families, groups and senior travelers, The Warwick Fiji is your perfect choice for an unforgettable and inescapable tropical holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Warwick Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Warwick Fiji Resort And Spa
- Warwick Fiji Viti Levu
- Warwick Viti Levu
- Fiji Warwick
- Viti Levu Warwick
- The Warwick Fiji Hotel
- The Warwick Fiji Coral Coast