“Fantastic! Would definitely stay again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Warwick Fiji

The Warwick Fiji
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Coral Coast
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic! Would definitely stay again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

I had read some mixed reviews, so wanted to share my own thoughts. Yes, it is approx 2 hrs drive from Nadi airport, but I expected this, and actually enjoyed the ride each way as I was able to see some of the country. I asked the hotel to organise my transfers before I left for my trip, and they happily obliged.

The room: Me and a friend stayed in a mountain view room on the 2nd floor of the Nadi wing. We had 2 double beds, roomy bathroom, desk, chairs, tv, fridge and balcony with amazing views. The room was serviced daily, and although we werent always given beach towels, they were provided when asked for.

The food: we had a breakfast buffet included and I particularly enjoyed the made to order omelettes. As we were there 5 nights we tried out each restaurant once. I had a hamburg at the a la carte...it was fine but not amazing. The japanese restaurant was great, though you have to get in early in the morning to make a reservation for tepanyaki. I had fried chicken and it was beautiful! I had a great pizza at the Italian restaurant and throughly enjoyed all the options at the International Buffet. I am not a seafood eater, but the seafood restaurant served up my favourite meal from the trip...a beautiful steak. I found there to be a good option of food, and most are what I expected price wise for a resort. There is also a New Zealand Ice cream hut with drinks and ice cream, multiple bars, and outside areas for lunch. We generally shared a lunch after having a big breakfast. The service was slow by Australian standards, but remember, you are on Fiji time, so sit back and relax and enjoy the place. I found all the staff to be incredibly helpful and friendly. We paid cash for some meals, and charged some to the room.

The facilities: it was quite cool, with some rain and wind while we were there, so we didnt spend a lot of time in the pool. Mostly we gravitated to the banana lounges and hammocks that are strewn along the beach. I enjoyed the free kayak hire, and saw fish while we were out there. We also used the games room, which offered table tennis (free), fusball, pool and air hockey (for a nominal charge). there are free activities throughout the day, but we mostly read by the beach. The beach was beautiful....most people say the coral coast is rocky beaches, but the warwick is sandy and a great spot. There is also a jewellery shop, a general store with souveniers and some snacks, and another souvenier/clothes shop.

Other: I had a massage at the day spa, and it was the best massage I ever had. We did have to book a day in advance. If you walk along the beach from the resort to the left, there is a little family run business offering horse riding, cheaper massages than the resort, some hand made souveniers etc, and down the beach from the hotel to the right are some huts selling various items. We bought sarongs from the friendly locals there, and they were a lot cheaper than the resort, and nice to know you are helping a local.

Wifi is incredibly expensive, so my advice is forget the internet while you are there.

The reception stuff were helpful and friendly, and more than happy to oblige when we asked for copies of our bill to check every second day. Also, when our tour didnt turn up, they went out of their way to help, and even sent us into town to meet them via taxi.

I could not fault the Warwick. It is a beautiful hotel in an amazing location, and I would happily reccommend it and definitely hope to stay their again sometime.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank D K
Brad D, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Bula from Warwick Fiji,

We note you stayed with us some time ago and wanted to let you know we have continued to invest heavily into the resort and its team members to ensure we are surpassing our guests experiences and ensure we remain one of the leading resorts in Fiji.

We welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again when next looking to visit Fiji and the famous Coral Coast.

The Warwick Fiji team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coolangatta, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

we have just returned from the warrick after a 10 night stay this is our third trip to stay at the warrick,(in the last 3 years) was very dissapointed in the food the standards have dropped & u have to book 3 days in advance of what resturant u want to dine in, breakfast buffet food was cold every morning, the rooms are looking very tired & run down def not 5 star at all, i suggest anyone wanting a relaxing holiday as for couples i would def not suggest this resort it is overloaded with children & being where it is there is no where to escape them. As far as the staff go that is probably the only positive it has going for it they have all been there for years & go out of there way to please everyone, def wont be returning to stay there in the future

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank michelle l

perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

two and a bit hours from airport so suggest if you need supplies get them from nadi or signatoka if going on island day trips will have to be up early book restaurants in hotel early as they book out real quick,all worth trying.its a comfortable resort,great snorkelling at doorstep and other water acivities available.staff friendly and welcoming

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flapperPerth

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Was there for a short break 4 days in early August nice resort but 2 hours from the airport was too far. We stayed in the Suva wing rooms on the ground floor a few steps to a pool for guests staying in that wing which was perfect.

All staff was beautiful and very helpful just as I remembered from the Fijian people they are the best. A special thanks to Sammie one of the hotels drivers that has worked there what seems forever he is a gem. My favourite restaurant was the Wicked Walu the food was excellent I could have eaten there each night only it was booked out. Also the staff singing was beautiful.

Also let me say the beds are to die sooooooooo comfortable !!!!

I would stay again just not if it was for such a quick trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BurkesfromOz

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed for 10 nights with our 5 year old son and had an amazing time.
We have stayed in resorts in bali and phuket and this has been by far the nicest. I could not get over how immaculately the place is kept. The gardens were stunning and the beach was lovely.

On arrival at the airport we were meet by a representative of the hotel to be told they had overbooked and we were put up at the Hideaway for the first night which was a little disappointing but the resort was nice too and we were promptly picked up the next morning to be taken to the Warwick. For this inconvenience we were upgraded to an ocean view room, given free wifi for our stay and a champagne and fruit platter.

And yes the hotel is a long way from the airport but i really enjoyed seeing all the scenery and the locals along the way. We booked a private bus which took us about 90 minutes.
I know some people have complained about the rooms being tired and musty smelling but we didnt have any of these problems nor did my in laws who also came. The rooms were lovely and kept very clean and we were supplied fresh beach towels every day. If you want to be in a quiter location request the Suva wing as the Nadi wing is right by the main pool and quite noisy.

I was a little worried about the so called Fiji time with ordering food as my son is a diabetic and needs to eat promptly after his insulin but again we had no dramas with this, i have waited far longer for food in adelaide restaurants. All the food was delicious especially the italian restaurant ( best tiramisu ever) and the japanese restaurant was very entertaining (request to be seated at the cooking grills) We also enjoyed the Beach BBQ and the cultural evening. The Wicked Walu was in a gorgeous location and was fantastic sitiing out on the water.
We got the all inclusive deal which was great as you got to try things you probably wouldnt have if you were watching everything you spent. Even though this gave you set menus at the 3 restaurants there was more than enough choice on these.
If you dont take up this option there is villagers set at each end of the beach that sell drinks and snacks cheaper than the hotel.

There is plenty of activities to keep everyone amused and my husband who was worried he might be bored didnt want to come home. They are great with the kids and really include them in everything.
We didnt head out of the hotel much except for a day trip to sigatoka and the Kula Eco Park as we wanted this trip to be about relaxing but will definately head out to explore next time.
Im really missing the "Bulas" every where i go and will definately be heading back there one day.
Fantastic Getaway

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravellingTomroy

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have had an on-going love affair with The Warwick for 25 years now and have been there several times. It is 14 years since the last time and sadly we found it was not as good as on previous occasions. The Warwick & its location are fabulous and the foyer is beautiful but the rooms are now looking rather tired and are in need of renovation. Our rooms also smelt very strongly of damp. The Fijians are still as lovely and as welcoming as ever but for a 5 star hotel, the service & food need to be upgraded. One night we had dinner at the Wicked Walu and there were four things on the menu that were not available. Another night in the al-la-carte Brasserie we walked out as the food was very slow to arrive, it was not what we ordered and it was cold! Pappagallo's food was very average and all the restaurants were very, very expensive. I was also very surprised to find that there was a charge to use most of the amenities - it even cost $10 to use the gym!! When I read some of the not-so-good reports I thought some people were just being overly critical but unfortunately they were correct. I don't believe it should still be classed as a 5 star hotel even though the prices are definitely 5 star! It is such a shame that a resort that was once so perfect has not stayed that way and we will not be going back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My 10 yr old son and I stayed at the Warwick in March this year and we loved it.

Beaches were beautifully maintained and so was the hotel. Our room was lovely and cleaned everyday. I thought that as it was just my son and I traveling that I would struggle to keep my son entertained but as it turned out I couldn't pin him down. He made a few friends and they would go up and down the beach (without going past the boundaries), catching and racing frogs and picking coconuts with the staff, racing in canoes and snorkeling. There was a kids club which they went to now and then but my Son and his friends seemed to prefer exploring and enjoying their freedom. He loved it and said it was one of the best holidays he's ever been on.

The food was great and although the buffet restaurant seemed to get busy we never struggled to get a seat and the food was always fresh and available. Great choice of dishes and a different theme every night. The entertainment was ok and I just felt so relaxed and happy.

I had a massage on the end of the pier, which was lovely. I could hear the distant hustle of the resort but also the lashing of the waves about a meter away from my head. It wasn't too expensive and it was just lovely to have some me time. My son was in a paddle boat with his friends a few meters away and could come to me if there were any problems but there was no pressure to keep the kids pinned down and quiet, they were encouraged to play games with the staff and make friends with each other. It was great to see the kids away from the video games and just playing simple games like frog racing and volleyball.

There were a few weddings going on and some of the guests brought the tone down a little which was mostly amusing and didn't interfere with our stay as we just went on the other side of the beach. The other thing is I would probably go all inclusive next time to avoid cost building up when Im there as all the drinks and food just for me became expensive. My son ate free but I had to pay for his drinks, I would use the voucher system next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,837 reviews
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Warwick Fiji? Share your experiences!