Tripadvisor
Khulna City
All reviews rooftop pool main road small gym rooms are clean place to stay railway station great selection fresh fruit foreigners stay chicken cable tv first floor pleasant stay other hotels the bus average hotel bottle of water
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I only stayed one night at the City Inn and found the experience uncomfortable specifically because of the behaviour of a porter. The hotel has a modern and spacious reception area and check in was smooth. I was with a group of 3 other people, all of us in separate rooms. A porter insisted on bringing up all of our bags together although we were on 2 different floors. I apparently spoiled his plan for maximum tips by insisting that he unload my bag and took charge of getting it to the room myself. About 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and when I opened it the porter virtually forced his way into my room insisting that he had to remove the cover from the bed which he proceeded to do. Checking later with my friends, covers were not removed in any of their rooms so it was definitely an excuse to enter my room. He also picked up medication and asked what type it was and then hung around quite obviously waiting to be compensated. I did not give him a tip and eventually he left the room after saying "I am going now" at least 5 times before actually leaving. I am an older woman and able to take care of myself but had I been younger his behaviour would have been very intimidating. Someone needs to have a serious word with that man.

That incident aside, the hotel is a middle of the road place but with a lovely pool on the roof for which there is an extra charge. What is that about?

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Our travel agency booked a three bedroom for us but we found a mattress on the floors. Bed sheets and bed cover where dirty. They changed with clean ones after ours protests. For us the clearness of a hotel is the most important thing.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2020

We were fortunate to arrive late afternoon to take advantage of the roof top pool, enjoy the sunshine and read. There is a small gym which looked reasonable with basic equipment. Our room was lovely, on a corner (505) to take in the noise and bustle outside, but good AC. There was endless hot water in the shower and wifi in the room. The restaurant had an extensive menu (Asian, Bangla) and we enjoyed the food. Breakfast was a buffet with fresh fruit and hot food.

Room tip: Upper floor (>4) to minimise car noise, which dies away at night-time.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019

Location is very good, New market, railway station, park are near by. Room size is enough for 2 person. Food is bit expensive but breakfast is very good. Room service is fair enough but reception is not well organized.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2019

Given the state of the country, this is not a bad hotel.
The building and the lobby are nice but reception is not very efficient.
The porters bring up your luggage and hang around for tips.
The rooms are slightly faded but clean.
There is free wi-fi, flat TV, fridge, a bottle of water and AC but there is no tea and coffee..The bathroom is ok with body wash etc but the towels look old and off-white.
I had dinner in the hotel. The food was good but the service was bad.
Breakfast was OK with eggs made to order.
Generally, not a bad place.

Date of stay: October 2019