“The best hotel in Khulna”
Review of Hotel Castle Salam

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khulna City
Hotel Castle Salam
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Khulna City
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions - last time for 3 days in early September 2011 for a workshop. The room is spacious with good corporate discount as well as free breakfast and a 1-litre bottle of water daily. The room for workshop for 30 participants is spacious too. The staff is excellent and customer-friendly. Above all, the quality of their food is consistently good. I have had my best Bengali food in the restaurant of this hotel. And the price is reasonable. The only problem I faced was lack of internet connection in the room - neither wired nor wireless. However, this is made up by accessing internet in their business center. Overall, an excellent hotel and value for money.

Room Tip: Usually 4th floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bdebnath

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I went to Khulna several times for project and stay only the first time in Castle Salam and not after then any time i stay here. Rather i preferred the Hotel Royal, just opposite of the Castle Salam or i chosen the Millennium. Room service was poor, however room was spacious and decorated.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I got absolutely eaten alive by bedbugs here. The staff refused to acknowlege it until I started catching the bugs that were filled with my blood and presenting them to the hotel staff. They just moved me and put somebody else in that room!!!!

Food was awful, staff were unfriendly, the CSS is the best option in Khulna by far.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Well have not stayed in any other hotels in Khulna.. but its below par from a lot of other hotel outside Dhaka in Bangladesh...
Did not face roaches as some other review suggest but the power adapter is genuine concern... all plug points are 2 pin (crazy) and getting your laptop charged is a nightmare...
The rooms are huge... and with standard furniture looks kind of empty...
Hotel food menu is very average and extremely oily food....
May stay here if I go again....but might as well try out other hotels in Khulna...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Quidditch
Reviewed April 24, 2011

After spending our first night in Khulna at an absolute hovel, the 'Castle Salam' was the cheapest of the cleaner hotels in town and my husband and I stayed there for about five nights.

The desk staff were especially unfriendly, but after asking for things a couple of times they usually obliged. The cafe and restaurant staff were friendlier, though they seemed oblivious to the occasional cockroach running under the table.

Our room was given fresh sheets and towels every day, and the cleaniless of the room was seemingly at a high standard. After several nights, however, we had to pull the bed out and discovered six cockroaches under the mattress, which the hotel staff MUST have seen when they changed the sheets. Perhaps that's why they were such keen house-keepers, so they could dispose of the cockroaches without the guests noticing? The cockroaches were a major downside for me, but I have been no-where in Bangladesh that didn't have them, so they just has to be accepted as part of the furniture I suppose.

Ours was the cheapest room (700 taka + tax), yet when we were shown a more 'deluxe' option, there was literally no difference but the higher price. As Westerners, we were not used to people just letting themselves in to our room without knocking either, so we had to remember to keep the door locked after an unexpected walk-in.

The room service was slow and the food was cold when it did arrive. On one occasion my husband had gone downstairs to ask where it was twice- both times it was sitting on the side with no-one willing to bring it up, or let us just take it ourselves. The cafe served adequate sandwiches and burgers, and the restaurant served decent evening meals but the place could do with a good clean and looks like an 80s roller-rink. The staff were lovely and very attentive though.

There is internet but it was expensive, though if you go outside there's a cheaper internet cafe a couple of doors down with a great cha-stand outside (3 taka for a glass of tea).

On the plus side, we found the 'Castle Salam' to be in an excellent location for local shopping and browsing round the markets, and it's also walking distance to the river which is a hive of activity. Rickshaw and taxi accessibility is never a problem outside the hotel either.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Due to the official purpose, I travel frequently to the South western part of Bangladesh. I stayed all famous hotels of Khulna including Hotel Royal, Hotel Castle Salam and Hotel Western-inn. I found this hotel very simple compare to other two. Again the rate is same. So we decided to change this hotel and now stay either in Hotel Royal and Hotel Western inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank shobuj_bd
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel Castle Salam is a 3 star hotel in the industrial and fishing hub of eastern Bangladesh. One of the few with a roof top swimming pool. Centrally located with decent parking space –its proximate to most of the markets and restaurants in the city.

Pros:
- Great address
- Easy accessibility from the Airport
- Courteous Staff and Good Service
- Affordable Business hotel
- Spacious Rooms
- Clean Bathrooms
- Good conference and the seminar facilities
- decent swimming pool, gym and snooker options
- Money Exchange
- Large Restaurant
- Very courteous staff

Cons
- Very standard Restaurant Menu
- Slow service
- Early booking suggested
- No Free Wifi
- Power Adapters strongly suggested
- No Newspapers in English

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DipankarPatnaik

Been to Hotel Castle Salam? Share your experiences!