“Basic hotel but the only decent option in Jessore”

Hotel Hasan International
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jessore
Hotel Hasan International
Ranked #1 of 3 Jessore B&B and Inns
Dhaka
“Basic hotel but the only decent option in Jessore”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed in the hotel many a times during my visit to Jessore on work purpose. Unfortunately, it is the only decent hotel available in Jessore. If you are ready to keep your expectations low, you'll find it livable. Spacious a/c Rooms are available with Tv and attached bathrooms but some of the rooms have stains on the wall and the bathrooms may not be cleanest of all. The restaurant is decent and few local food courts are available at walking distance. One alternative to staying this hotel is to spend overnight in nearby city, Khulna (driving time approx 1.30 - 2.0 hours), which offers few better hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors, which have been recently constructed, are likely to be cleaner.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nasir_U_Ahmed

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you have to stay in Jessore, then stay here. Your stay will be fine as long as you 1) keep your expectations low; and 2) be prepared! Preparation is key. I brought my own sleeping sheet, towel, and slippers. Don't even think about sleeping on their sheets or using their towels if you get easily disgusted by stains or someone else's hair.

My room was large, my bathroom was decently clean, and I didn't see any bugs. There was AC and ceiling fan in my room. The TV had enough channels to keep me entertained during my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank zzzzzzgirl
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel was my worst nightmare. Its awfully dirty and everything smells. The staff are also very sketchy and I do not feel safe staying in a room on my own. Ended up sleeping horizontally on the bed whilst using my handbag as a pillow and my jacket as a blanket. The bathrooms were filled with bugs and there were no hot water. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank sara_shu
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed several times in this hotel mainly for business trip. As other travelers said this is really basic one. U wont get a choice in Jessore. Cost is reasonable as you are paying only 10-15 USD/night. I found outside restaurant is better than the hotel's one (like Hotel Noor around 100 meters away from the hotel). Rooms are spacious and bad is good. Overall ok to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on 5th floor. Those are new rooms and better
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank shobuj_bd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed here two nights in Oct 2011. My colleague and I each reserved "deluxe" rooms and got in late the first night. Everything seemed ok til I went to use the bathroom. It was disgusting; clearly hadn't been given a thorough cleaning in a very long time...there were snots and bits of toilet paper on the walls, the tub was filthy, there was a paper (backing to a maxi-pad?) stuck in the sink, and so on...I was too tired that night, but the next morning as I went to breakfast, I asked that the bathroom be given a thorough cleaning. The next day, when I returned to my room, it was the same. The paper was gone from the sink at least, but the floor and toilet seat were sopping wet, like someone had swabbed a wet mop over them and called it good. I was tempted to ask them for some cleaning chemicals so that I could take it on myself...and I'm not someone who relishes cleaning bathrooms.

For the record, I travel all over the world, mostly in remote areas of developing countries. I'm not picky but I do want basic cleanliness and hygiene. I've never had this happen in another hotel I've stayed at--once, in Latin America, I did ask that someone come and give the bathroom a once-over, but they did and all was well.

Next morning at breakfast (food was fine, btw), the waiter was unfolding napkins to put inside the water glasses--apparently an indication that they're clean and ready to use? I watched as, just a few feet from he, he dropped a napkin on the floor. He finished his conversation with a colleague, then bent over, picked up the napkin, unfolded it and put it in the clean water glass and went about his business.

There's supposed to be a new hotel opening in Jessore in the next months so I'll try there, but if I can't stay there for some reason I will stay at another "lesser" hotel. I'd concede that they might have a problem with a specific employee (the one who is responsible for my room apparently) however I did ask specifically that the bathroom be cleaned thoroughly, and then there was the incident in the restaurant...no way I'll stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank 730108Traveler
Dhaka
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Rooms are spacious. Food quality is average. Room service and other service is poor, But this is the best in Jessore. Would not mind to stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank Zafrul Hasan S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Lets face it..
Its the only decent hotel in Jessore...
Rooms are live - able.. though at night you might find bugs if you keep the door open...
reasonably clean.. no basic toilet amnesties provided...apart form towel and shampoo/soap...
restaurant is a bit down.. dark.. & slow....
funny thing is you have to order breakfast the night before, along with the menu...
Stayed here for a night...OK

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Quidditch

Been to Hotel Hasan International? Share your experiences!