“Great experience at affordable price”
Review of Seagull Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cox's Bazar
Seagull Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Cox's Bazar
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice hotel with great location, good clean spacy rooms, cooperative hotel stuffs and all most all modern facilities available. Most important thing is very close to the largest beach and you can also enjoy sea view from your selective rooms. Breakfast is excellent with continental and european cuisine. Luch and Dinner are excellent too with higher price.
Best of luck..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dr_Hafizur_Rahman

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in month of April in 2013 for 4 nights. Staffs were really helpful and well mannered. It was a quiet season in that time of the year, therefore many inside and front lights of the hotel were switched off..which I guess to save money, but that makes sense. SeaGull has it's private arrangement for seating by the seabeach with private security to look after customers belongings..thanks for this! The room was nice, clean and foods were good. The hotel have WiFi internet but no way was able to make it working. However, all in all, me and my wife had a good time staying in SeaGull.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Khan M
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We had booked here for 3 nights in their standard rooms. When we got there the receptionist tried to upsell the higher category of rooms which is fine. But she was very pushy. Later she told us that they didn't have any standard rooms available so she is going to offer us a complementary upgrade but will move us to another room after two nights. Naturally I refused and said they can give us their standard room for all three night as we don't want to move. We ended up getting the upgrade for all 3 nights. But the rooms were not really that special. They were dark and didn't have enough lighting.

Because we were on a business trip we had to leave early in the morning every day. But they don't switch on the water heater until 6 am in the morning. The day we were going to checkout I informed the reception about this and they said they will switch it on at 5:30 am. This was of no help to me because I had to leave by 6 am which meant I had to go down to clear my payments by 5:45 am.

The house keeping staff knocked on the door and woke me up. I told him to come later. He came back again in 10 mins and knocked again and woke me up the second time.

The breakfast is good but if you go after 9 it's a mess because the restaurant is full and the wait staff don't clear the tables properly. Also there is no system for people waiting. People just walk in and sit where ever and the restaurant staff don't say anything.

There were too many kids in the hotel and they were running around and shouting in the corridor. It's okay when they do that during the day but this went on until late at night. Even after telling the hotel staff to stop them nothing happened.

Their internet is really bad. You barely get any speed. I had to complain every time I wanted to connect.

This was the first time I went to a hotel that charges to use the gym. This really bothered me because I have never seen this with any other hotel before.

The staff doesn't speak English which was a problem for my colleague who is a foreigner. Even when he spoke to the reception staff in English they are would reply back to him in Bengali.

Some staff have an attitude. They are impolite.

One good thing was the food was good. We got less oily and good quality food here.

I will definitely not come back to this hotel if I had to return to Cox Bazar. The hotel next to Seagull is new and offers the same rate so I would choose that.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank fhuda
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Pros:
The sea view was awesome from our couple suite. We really had a great, lovely and romantic night there. The facilities were fantastic. We visited the Cox's Bazar sea-beach while staying here. The tour guide was a good human being. We really appreciate his help! Overall its a great place for having a good time.

Cons:
- Not quick to respond
- Clean but not crystal clear
- Expensive

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdeleAdams
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I went to this hotel for my honeymoon. They received me with chilled juices and my initial impression was good. Then they took me to a room in the with two single bed! I was surprised that they arranged two single bed for honeymoon package! When I told them that we prefer a couple bed then they transferred me to another room with a double bed. This room is still another small and very average room without any balcony and also very suffocating. When I told them that I booked the better quality room (Probably superior deluxe) not the cheaper one then how the cheaper one look like? Then they said that I booked the cheapest option not the better class room. Then when I showed them the receipt they agreed that they have gave me the cheaper class room by mistake and will take me to my proper room. I feel relieved after all these mess expecting that I would get a better room now. But when I got into the new room in the upper floor, I again disappointed. It was similar room but in the top floor and bathtub in the bathroom. No balcony, no sea view and very small room. On top of that, they partition between room is very thin and you can hear everything happening in the adjacent room which is very disturbing. Buffet breakfast was average and the buffet restaurant was dirty. Swimming Pool and Lobby was good but for swimming you have to pay separately. Just worth to mention that the location of the hotel is very good and the cleanliness overall in the lobby area and room is good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mehasan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Once upon a time they were the best & the only one, but not now! As many other top class hotels started here in Cox'sBazar, they failed to cope with them. It seemed to me that they were trying to make up everything with all they have from the very first day of their opening! Starting from a simple seating chair in the room, to the staffs & their services....no change, no upgrading! Not below standard, but not up to that mark. Room service was average. Food was nice. Their only advantage is, they have this large open space which can easily used for arranging any outdoor meeting, Bar-B-Q, banquet, concerts etc.

Room Tip: Located next to the beach but if you want a good look at the sea, you must take the rooms above 3rd...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler_tonmoy
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I travelled there with my wife in Jan 2013 and loved the hotel. I was in room 740 (suite room) and the view was good. I stayed there for 3 days. The staffs are very helpful and gentle. Room quality was good but furniture looked old fashioned. Food was awesome. They have a beautiful field in front of the hotel where you can walk around in leisure period. They have great restaurants but prices are little bit on the higher side. However, food quality is great. You can browse the area to have fresh good foods at lower price elsewhere (there are many hotels and restaurants offering different types of foods). Swimming Pools are world class. However, they offer discounts at various range and room rent is usually high. So, it's better it you can get a discount deal (I got a great discount). The hotel has it's own secured sea beach and you can go there even at night, that's a good advantage.

Room Tip: They say they have some types of rooms, but the main thing is whether the room is hillside or seasid...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple