Ocean Paradise Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Divine Eco Resort(Cox's Bazar)
View Hotel
Nitol Bay Resort(Cox's Bazar)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Beach Way(Cox's Bazar)
View Hotel
Resort Beach View(Cox's Bazar)
Uni Resort(Cox's Bazar)
View Hotel
Hotel Prime Park(Cox's Bazar)
White Orchid(Cox's Bazar)
View Hotel
Hotel Sea Alif(Cox's Bazar)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean paradisesea viewrooftop restaurantcurry leafsteam bathswimming poolpleasant stayother hotelsclear viewegg stationnice poolroom service iscomplimentary breakfastlunch and dinnerfamily membersfresh juicefood quality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me share my experiences in few bullet points based on my 3 nights stay during October 2013.

Room category: Premier Deluxe Sea View with Balcony (Couple Bed) - 4th Floor

Good sides:

1) Probably the most clean hotel in Bangladesh; even the common rest rooms located in the ground floor are clean like anything. The support people are always busy in cleaning the spaces!
2) We took the complementary shuttle bus service to arrive in the hotel and my wife dropped her mobile phone in that bus while coming and she was not aware about this. And while we were check-in the driver of that bus came to me and asked if this belongs to us! We were speechless for a moment.
3) Provided chairs in the balcony on request (however it’s supposed to be there normally based on the type of room we have booked)
4) Excellent customer service, very helpful, well-mannered and courteous support people. If I come back to this hotel again; then this would be one of the main reasons!
5) Impressive beach view from the room and balcony but definitely not the best in CXB (sea crown hotel still has this advantage over Ocean paradise)
6) Hair-dryer in the bathroom and good toilet amenities. Clean towels.
7) Food is good (price is little higher but nothing absolutely out of range)
8) One of the best places to try sweet dishes. Very tasty. I have ordered a chocolate fudge cake for my daughter's 10 months celeb and the cake was very yummy. Its one the finest fudge cakes I have ever had. The chef Mr. Bappy took extra care to make this happen and absolutely as per the requirements! (BTW .. all sweet dishes except the milk shakes!!!!)
9) Special thanks to the waiter Mr. Delwar. He was very attentive and observed that we give soft bun to our child and he asked on the next days if we require the same for our daughter as it was not there in the menu for those days!
10) Special Thanks to theGM and Mr. Majed for helping us with the transport :- )
11) They have a spa center and provide good foot massage!
12) Superb complementary break-fast. They have variation and the food taste/quality is satisfactory!
13) Mr. Rony from Dhaka OP office helped us a lot with the booking. He was very helpful and courteous and tried to understand the client's requirement first.

Areas of improvement:

1) Hot water is not always available. They ensure this on the high time and during the non-high time you need to request and after request it takes 5-8 minutes to get the hot water. This is not something acceptable when you are staying in a 5 star hotel. The hot water should be available 24/7 and not based on request.
2) The room is not very specious. (Its okay, but not wow!)
3) Complementary tea/coffee arrangement/set-up (self-service) in the room is very common when you are staying in a 5 star hotel, but here its not available in the room.
4) No mobile AC remote. The AC remote/controller is fixed in the wall and it was a VERY BIG problem for us as we need to change the AC temperature frequently due to our baby. And every-time we had to get-up from the bad to change the temperature.
5) No footwear provided by the hotel for the room.
6) No hand-shower for bath! And they don’t provide the toilet amenities/toiletries everyday if they see a little is still left and they have mixed up our toothbrushes twice without providing a new set!
7) Very poor menu for drinks (not a good number of mock-tails or such). This was very disappointing for us.
8) They kept the shisha service off without any further notice and when we reached there we have found that they have kept it off due to a family get-together program! They could have sms-ed this to the people in advance who are staying the hotel.
9) They have a habit to turn off the AC in the restaurant when the number of guests reduces. It happened twice with me and they re-start the AC after request. These are very cheap activities and don’t expect from a hotel like ocean paradise.

More or less it was a very good experience and I hope to come back again to this place :- )

Room Tip: 1. Try to stay in 4th floor and above. 2. In 4th floor rooms numbered between 400-416 are good ones!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K C
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 day. Hotel location is good and rooms which are having see view is good. rooms are comfortable. I find room services also very good. we booked 3 rooms.
But hotel roof top barbecue restaurant is horrible. Food quality is not absolutely up to the mark compare to prices of the food. Even the service also not good. The kind of room rate and food price they take and the find of service and food quality which is provided is not at all up to the mark . I would say you can stay in this hotel but never have food . There are lot of other good restaurants near by which provide good food with much more chipper price.

Room Tip: see side rooms and 4/5 th floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kousik G
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The most rubbish hotel in cox's bazar,specially for corporate groups where the hotel personnel push guests for an occupied rooms several times.Me and my colleague of Ericsson was waited near abt 3 hours starting from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm where as per ocean paradise policy is suppose to their c.in time is 2 o'clock.And at the end of the day we are changing near abt 10 times rooms which rooms are previously occupied by other guest. The most wasted service i have ever seen in a hotel like this. Money worth nothing in this hotel else getting rubbish hospitality......Think Before go to this hotel..........

Room Tip: Rooms Facing on Sea....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Jess W
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first stay at Ocean Paradise. I went there by the Regent Airways package with 3 nights stay. Our first impression of the hotel was pretty nice. By the time passed impression got better and better.

It is quite a big hotel. Lobby is fairly nice. I stayed there in the 5th floor with a sea view balcony room with my wife. The room is very nice, simple and clean. The sea view is quite good. Room service and house keeping are excellent. All the staffs of the hotel were very helpful and polite. The swimming pool is nice. Gym is very basic, not that impressive. The night view of the hotel is stunning from any angle. Make sure that, you need to ask for rooms above 4th floor for good sea view.

There are lots of scopes to make the buffet breakfast better. Because, it seemed quite monotonous. The roof top restaurant offers super delicious foods. Make sure to dine here. Otherwise you will definitely miss something yummy. Also view from the rooftop of the hotel is simply awesome and one can get a 180 degree view of the sea beach.

Location is the biggest plus point of this hotel. Beach is very close. Most importantly this part of the beach is quiet and clean. Also there are some delicious restaurants beside the hotel.

Till now, it is my best Bangladeshi hotel stay. Over all it was a fantastic experience altogether. I will be back here definitely.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kazi_R_Jisan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place is unique with its look and view from it. You can feel the breeze of the Bay of Bengal right from your balcony. Rooms are awesome, bathrooms are clean and ventilation is fantastic. Service is good and the restaurants are nice too. Specially, the rooftop restaurant is one of a kind with heavy wind in the evening and live music. The swimming pool is awesome and the night view of the hotel is wonderful.

Room Tip: Must take sea view with balcony to enjoy to the fullest. Close to the sea and top floors are better for view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends