“Would recommend to anyone...”
Review of Long Beach Hotel

Long Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Cox's Bazar
Dhaka, Bangladesh
“Would recommend to anyone...”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights. Since it was off-season, we received a great deal of the rent. Overall it was great. We Our room had a great view of the pool and BBQ section. Too bad the day we could not use the pool. The lobby was nice looking. Wish we had more time to explore the hotel.
Need to improve the la carte Breakfast menu. The food was cold and overpriced. However, when we tried the buffet breakfast, it was yum.
What we liked the best was the service. It is very rare in Bangladesh to get polite and prompt service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Africa A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It is one of the best hotels to stay along the longest beach in the world. Though it is not right in front of the beach but the backside rooms offer a sea view from the balcony. It has an average lobby, good service, relatively small but well kept swimming pool. The complimentary breakfast is one of the best I have been offered ever. The rooms are okay sort of, not a great size but again caters the basic needs and neatly kept. To conclude, it is good value for money. Try it.

Room Tip: Higher story, backside rooms have a good sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Shahriar_Ahmed_Sajib
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

What i mostly miss and feel bad about all these star hotels in Cox's Bazar is habing cozy feelibgs, LBH is not an exceptional.
The nicest and one of the best thing is when you see and spend time in pools. they have four pools. and two are particularly for small n young kids.
What I miss and lacking is to sip in a nice hot cup of tea in my room. should add this service to rooms. Even cities like Chittahong or Sylhet, you get that in a same standard hotels.
Rooms are big and breakfasts are very good. loved their room srrvices as well. It would be nice to enjoy the BF outside on terras. Adding few items like sausages, cheese for kids.
All in all i like to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
bangladesh
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Long Beach Hotel at Cox's Bazar offers warm service, first class food and tip top accomodation. The hotel offers a jacuzzi where we friends had a great time relaxing. The small terrace beside the restaurant is cozy and nice, to sip a cup of coffee...have a smoke...... spend a lazy time. Every time I go to Cox's I'd prefer to stay in Long Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank salmina
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our local honeymoon (right after aqd - official marriage) and we thoroughly liked our stay here. We have got a package with 2 nights stay in the Premiere room with breakfast and one complimentary buffet dinner. The listed rate is a bit high, but if you pay through a major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Amex) you can get a big discount 30-35% in the off peak season. There are also several packages running throughout the year, so you need to choose wisely.

We were very much delighted to be greeted professionally with chilled welcome drinks. The checking in took a while (nearly 40 minutes) while we sat in the well decorated lobby. We were very harpy to see the interior of our room. The warm bed, the spacious sitting area and the attached pool view balcony was good enough to make our vacation a special one.

A big disappointment was that the hotel is situated a bit far from the beach. It took us nearly 15-18 minutes to walk to reach the beach. Taking a rickshaw or battery scooter taxi is suggested.

We have got complimentary 1 hour usage limit for the swimming pool. The swimming pool was big enough to accommodate 20-30 people at once without disrupting the environment and making it crowded. The Jacuzzi worked well. They have also got a warm water pool to ease in and out of the pool. If you choose a right time, off peak hours like 9.30-10.00am in the morning or 3.00-4.00pm in the afternoon, you might get the whole pool for free. The staff looking after the swimming pool allowed us to overstay in the pool for another half an hour.

The breakfast was okay, not many items, just the usual ones. No sausage or breakfast meat items were there, except for chicken curry and beef curry. There is an adjacent smoking terrace with sitting arrangements, and they allowed us to take our coffee cups there. We took the buffet dinner in the last night, it was okay too. Once again there were not many items, specially no seafood at all.

The staffs were very professional and the room service was prompt. Though I like to try out different hotels in my repeat visits, if I visit Cox's Bazaar anytime soon, I am definitely going to consider Long Beach Hotel as an option.

Room Tip: Just take premiere rooms, they are spacious enough. The luxury rooms will only offer you more in roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tamam1986
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Everything was okay. Except the fact that they claim themself to be a 4* hotel, however they serve below standard buffet items for breakfast. When I pay a substantial amount of money to stay, I'd expect the same return in terms of good food and hospitality. The rooms had good bathrooms but I was dissapointed when I went to take a shower; a very small stream of water was coming out of the shower head.
The hotel had a descent swimming pool and the rooms were nice. But if you're someone who needs to have good view, then this isn't your place. Altough Long Beach Hotel is situated pretty close to the ocean, the view was rather distored by the encompasing array of buildings.
Overall it was okay. But I can't still get over the awful breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Shafat10
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found Bangladesh to be a lot more expensive for a third world country that I thought. Dhaka hotels, in a safe clean area are outrageously priced. The Long Beach Hotel in Cox's Bazar is an exception. A good clean room with 2 beds on the 5th floor cost me only $50.00 American Dollars (4000 taka) a night. The 2 breakfast buffet's provided per room was some of the best breakfast food I had in Bangladesh. Easily as good as the breakfast food at the Westin in Dhaka.
The breakfast crowd at the restaurant was of course full of Bangladeshi's. The staff recognized a potential problem when me and a 22 year old Bangladeshi girl came down for breakfast, and the whole place got quiet, so they thoughtfully put us on one side of the room where no one else was sitting. We were still stared at, but that did not bother us. I still got to be loud and obnoxious.

One problem I had at the hotel was being able to ride an elyptical bike every day. They wanted to charge me a package price of $20 per day to exercise, swim in the pool and use the sauna. I immediately screamed at them "All I want to do is ride an elyptical bike for 1 hour every day. You're not going to charge me $20.00 for that!.....DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I CAN HAVE YOU FIRED IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES!!!" He said, "Of course I know who you are. You have been here before.......you're a legend in your own mind." I began to weep. The manager took notice of this and said "fine, let him ride on the stupid elyptical bike every day. Get him out of here and up into his room!"

Being an American, and a BULLY, I respectfully got my way!!!! The staff seemed very happy upon my departure, and unlike everyone else......did not wish me a safe journey, nor did they ask me to come back again on my next visit to Bangladesh. In spite of all of this, I do recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cox's Bazar. They were even able to accommodate an American bully like me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family