“An overall Good Budget hotel”

Hotel Media International
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Cox's Bazar
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed there in 2009 December. Good for a shorter stay, very close to the Beach and the Market and the Bus stops. What else do you need? :)
Breakfast was good as well. only thing to lookout for is choosing a room with a good view.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tareeq-Dhaka
There are newer reviews for Hotel Media International

Reviewed August 4, 2013

It is situated just few meter away from kolatoli sea beach The room are basic and have little fridge, need renovation in some matter, the in house restaurant is good for lunch and dinner, They provide me good Chinese/Bengali food. The breakfast is basic, they provide.They also give fruit plate as a complimentary.

Room Tip: Please take the room from front side to see the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank donaldgomes
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Reached hotel at around 2:30 PM on 22nd of December 2012. Even though their normal check in time is 12:30 PM they kept me waiting for about 30 minutes giving the excuse "the room is not ready yet". Any way, just after entering the room my wife and me were about to throw out seeing that they did not change the bed sheets, pillow cases, blanket etc. Floors were still dirty. The did not clean the toilet and for some reason it always stinks everytime they cleaned it. I had to call the room service who turned up in 30 minutes and cleaned the room and toiled. The staffs are not friendly at all. They breakfast is awful. The way the receptionists behaved seems like they did us a huge favour by allowing us staying in their hotel. My advice to all the tourists would be "If you don't want to ruin your holiday, don't stay in this hotel. You will get much much better hotel in Cox's Bazar with same price".

Also they don't allow outside food in their hotel and the food from their own restaurant is rubbish.

Room Tip: There is no good room in this hotels. We have booked about 12 rooms for about 30 people and everyone...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
16  Thank Firoz M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

After a grueling 15 hrs journey from Dhaka, thanks to road transport system and its abysmal performance, reached Cox's at very late at night, possibly past midnight. Unfortunately can not say that the hotel made me feel any better. Room which was given to us, had to be changed immediately after settling in, because the loo flush wasnt working. To put things in perspective, I was knackered from the long journey and it was 0130 in the morning and at tht time changing room wasnt a great fun really!!
Anyway, the next morning, realized the room was not anything special, off course I wasnt expecting anything as such but for the price I paid, felt like not a great value for money. The breakfast was good, desi style, dal and luchi, eggs etc. However, it was a buffet style breakfast, so I was helping myself in more than one occasion, but I was told off that its just meant for one serving no more and any extra has to be paid first. Very awkward and humiliating, however at the end after much discussion like gentlemen, we all are, the manager or the so called head waiter apologized!! Left me thinking how my would turn out afterwards.
On the positive side, the hotel is very close to the beach, so I guess the money they charge is possibly for the location not for the hotel amenities. The restaurant at the hotel is quite good, not pricey but cooks really tasty traditional Bengali meals with a touch of CTG style, loved it.
The sleep quality was ok, the AC worked well, a bit too well actually, and for that matter wanted to use the blanket. Unfortunately there was no cover for the blanket and God know who else had used that before us, so decided to turn the AC off :(
Overall, I am less likely to stay there again, but may be visit their restaurant if I go back to Cox's Bazar again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ash K
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I am doctor jhumur,visited cox's bazar in march,12 & stayed here for the 2nd time again...as we liked it as per our medium budget & for its fine location just at the laboni point in front of the jhinuk market.We had sew view from our room side terrace which was really loving...their food was very good &service too as they arranged a late night heavy dinner when we reached there at almost 12..at night!!!! Room service was nice & instant...stuffs were good mannered with always ready to serve mood which made us comfortable throughout the stay there....I will recommend this hotel for every visit in cox's bazar...
with thanks,
DR.JHUMUR &DR. MUHIT,
COMILLA,BANGLADESH.

Room Tip: higher rooms have nicer sea view from the floor terrace or balcony & rooms r to select just besi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank farhanajhumur
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Some times ago, it was one of the best hotel in town. It's still have facilities but don't try to compare with Star Hotels. It's the complete hotel within your budget. I liked their security, food and many options to choose the room. May be it was my 6th visit within last 6 yrs. staff's are helpful.

Room Tip: This Hotel have many options starting from Non AC Double, Non AC Triple (family), Ac Double, AC Trip...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Shahed K
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had a superior room in this hotel. The room was large but nothing special at all. The bed was just okay. The towels looked and smelled in a way that they were not washed since some time after their last use! Room service was slow. There was extremely loud music from the building besides our hotel until early morning. The location in front of the beach is okay. Be aware that this part of the beach can be pretty much crowded. We drove for 20 km south and had the beach for ourselves. Nevertheles Cox´s Bazar is definetely not a beach holiday destination in a Western sense but Cox´s Bazar is a interesting spot on the Bay of Bengal and you can walk nicely on the one of the longest beach of the world. Overall it is a destination for the hardcore traveller. There is a building site for a new Radisson hotel so check if it is ready when you go there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple