All reviews excellent location nice room square attic facilities bank usd government
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018

The hotel has an excellent location - on a large square that is mostly traffic-free, and close to (the admittedly small amount of) action that Stepanakert has to offer.

Having read the gripes about the small, attic-based single rooms here, I upgraded to a "Deluxe Single". Good decision - the room was 35000 AMD (about $72), was spacious and overlooked the square. Curiously it had twin beds, so maybe it was something better?

There is a cash machine in the lobby which also changes USD, at a rate close to that of the banks. A small tourist information booth is located opposite the hotel.

The wi-fi worked. I had dinner - the food was OK (as was usually the case, the "appetiser" arrived with the mains). The waitress was keen to be helpful, but a little overbearing at times.

Room tip: If alone, consider upgrading - they will reply to emailed questions
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Right in the centre of the town (better known as Stepanakert) this hotel is particularly convenient if you are doing any business with the Government of Artsakh, as the offices are only a stone's throw away. There is a bank opposite, which was just as well, as the hotels card machine wasn't functioning when I stayed

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Located in Stepanakert - the capital of unrecognized Republic of Artsakh or Nagorno Karabagh this hotel, which is conveniently located in the heart of the city, is indeed one of the best ones there, FYI: the territory remains internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan, which has not exercised power over most of the region since 1991, when a referendum was held in the Nagorno Karabakh Autonomous Oblast (NKAO) and the neighbouring Shahumian region. The overwhelming majority of residents voted for independence from Azerbaijan and the establishment of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, which it is as of today

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Princess_Maneh_Tours
Reviewed October 5, 2017

This hotel couldn't be more conveniently situated, right in the centre, and has very nice terraces at the front and at the back to look out on the city. The square in front is closed to traffic in the evening, so it's a great place to watch the locals take their evening stroll with the family.
The roooms were fine. However, the restaurant was dreadful - we had a long wait for very uninteresting and unappetising food, and the service was very poor.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in August 2017, when I decided to extend my stay in Stepanakert and my other hotel (the other very-nearby "luxury" place) was full. Hotel Armenia was cheaper by about $10 USD but it was a significant downgrade in comfort and quality. I had an attic room with a very sloped ceiling over the bed, which was furnished in a very dated style. The room was not in good condition - the door was VERY broken, the air conditioning barely worked and the bathroom fixtures should have been replaced ten years ago. There was no hair-dryer in my room, although there should have been, and I was refused a replacement when I asked. After I checked in (after a long hike) I went to take a shower, when suddenly staff started repeatedly banging on my door and yelling at me, loudly and without stopping. It turned out someone with a baby had checked in and wanted the crib that was being store in my room (!), but they wouldn't even wait two minutes for me to dress myself... I had to open the door in my towel and let them in while I was naked! Breakfast was actually better than at the other place - there were more options and a more comfortable dining area with most other guests behaving appropriately. I didn't enjoy having to wait almost ten minutes at reception to check out while they "checked my room" - staff need to trust guests to leave the room in good shape. As seems to be the norm in this area, staff don't really understand what Western (or well-traveled) visitors would expect from a $100 a night hotel, and it's hard to justify the price in light of the service and amenities.

Date of stay: August 2017