All reviews housing estate lyme regis surrounded by fields short break wowcher deal belly pork jurassic coast friendly hotel country hotel night break quiet location patio doors log fire sat nav good size kippers public areas
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Check in was very easy, rooms were very comfortable and clean, could not complain at all. The room was good value and in my companies budget would recommend. The rooms are on top of one another a little bit so be weary of private conversations, WiFi worked very well.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We have had a wonderful stay at the Lordleaze hotel. The room was great overlooking the garden. Very clean, comfortable bed. The staff were excellent. Very good service. Would thoroughly recommend. And most importantly dog friendly.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018

We have just returned from a lovely 4 days at the Lordleaze Hotel which we enjoyed very much. We were checked in on arrival by a pleasant, friendly young lady and the process was fuss free. On entering our room (18) we were pleasantly surprised as it was a nice size with a wardrobe, but only 6 hangers which was enough for a few days but not for much longer, drawer space in the dressing table and a shelf on either side of the bed. We had tea, coffee making facilities, an ironing board, iron and a hairdryer. Our bed was soooo comfortable with good pillows which made for a really good nights sleep.

The bathroom was a good size with complimentary toiletries and great bath SHEETS, so much nicer than bath towels which I think are never big enough. I'm not a big person but I do like to wrap in a big towel after a shower. The shower was over the bath with a shower screen, the only thing I would say about that is although we didn't have any issues someone with restricted mobility would probably have difficulty getting in and out as there was nothing in the form of a grab rail on the wall to hold onto to steady oneself.

Breakfast was substantial with cereal, fruit and fruit juice to start followed by a full English with mostly local produce which was delicious. The eggs were a beautiful deep yellow colour, cooked to perfection every time, the bacon was lean and the sausages very tasty, full marks to the chef!!! We did have one evening meal at the hotel but did not find the menu very inspiring, I was disappointed because having checked on their website before going the same meals were not available, I understand the web was probably an older version but that said I enjoyed my fish and chips and my husband had the ribs, both from the specials board. The young man who served us was very pleasant and friendly as were all the staff we encountered including the cleaning staff who kept the whole hotel stick and span.

The car park here is large with plenty of room, there's a lovely outside eating and drinking space featuring a large bbq for good weather dining. Our room overlooked this area which was nice.

We really enjoyed our few days and would definitely stay again if in the area, thank you everyone for making our stay a happy one.

Room tip: Any room overlooking the garden
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018

We recently dined there with friends, having enjoyed many excellent meals there in the past few years. This time, though, we were very disappointed. All four of us had different menu items and we were all thoroughly disappointed with the food. It was carelessly assembled, ill-prepared and very unsatisfactory. Worse, it was served on cold plates. We won't eat there again, I'm afraid.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2018

This was our first visit to the Lordleaze hotel,and we enjoyed it very much.The staff were young and very caring and helpful.The rooms we clean and comfortable and the food good.If we get the chance we would love to return sometime.w lovely area around,Lyme Regis and Charmouth not too far away and the countryside is beatiful

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple