On arrival there was ample car parking spaces,after parking we were greeted by an employee who explained what to do,leave the cases with him,check in at reception which was very efficient,return for cases as we were in a walled garden room,he explained to drive to walled garden car park.
Our room was a standard signature over looking the garden,it was large and very well appointed on the first floor,with a small fridge containing 2 bottles of water.Good tea/coffee/biscuits replenished daily.A good size bathroom,good shower,and the room had plenty of storage space,beds were very comfortable and spotless.
The restaurant for both breakfast and evening dinner was very efficient with a good choice of food.Nightly entertainment was excellent.There are plenty of day time activities,and the grounds are very large and you can wander for miles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset