Not sure what to expect but found the weekend very enjoyable. We are not retired and not yet in our fifties so it was a little disconcerting to find most of our fellow guests were well into retirement. That said everyone we met was friendly, approachable and gave us good advice on how to get the most out of the weekend . Accommodation was clean, tidy and had all the usual amenities. We upgraded to bigger room which was lovely. Food was simple but served with a smile, the carvery was the best value for money and the desserts were not brilliant but passable. Lots to do and we enjoyed the 3 dance classes we attended. Complete virgins at the dance but learned a lot under the excellent tuition of the hostess. Entertainment was good and enjoyable. Great to watch guests who could dance!
Staff were helpful, friendly and very efficient but please managers ensure they have clean shoes and trousers that fit - their lovely approach would be topped off with this attention to detail. Will return but will bring friends to share the thrills and spills!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset