“warners weekend”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chard
England, United Kingdom
“warners weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

myself and my husband recently went to a warner's bee gee weekend.
the entertainment was fantastic, the food was ample and the rooms were clean tidy and big. While we were there we did activities which I had never done before we did rifle shooting what a great fun and we also did archery I had the greatest time.
the hotel its self was set in mouth dropping beauty.the Manor house was where the TV show to the manor born was filmed the grounds were fantastic and the over all atmosphere was great.
but do bear in mind this was an adult only weekend.

Room Tip: all rooms were great views all round. there was an Italian restaurant so you may want to steer clea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cheryl h
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased that you had a good weekend, as you say Cricket St. Thomas is set in a beautiful Estate. Glad to hear that you tried some of our activities.

Hope to see you agin soon.

Steve Grainger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was the first time me and my wife have been to Warners and I've got to say it was the best weekend we have had in a long time.From the minute we walked into reception we were greated by members of the entertainment team who were fantastic all weekend. We stayed in a signiture room which was lovely. The restaurant had a fantastic design and the food was great. Our waiter kristian really looked after us. The best part of the weekend was the entertainment. All the team were fantastic, james the first was a fantastic compare and could do everything! The shows were incredible especially dream lover which was so beautifuly done. The highlight though was Neil with great humor and whit,he made everyone happy, and I loved it when he got the young james to join him to sing a rocky horror song, he has such a powerful voice for such a young man. Also thank you to the entertainments manager robin for talking to us. Fantastic weekend, we will definitely be returning, everybody should go to cricket!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank doublevodka23
Cricket W, General Manager at Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am so pleased that you had an amazing weekend with us. We do have a wonderful team here to look after our guests and I will pass on your lovely comments to the entertainment team, as you say the new Dream Lover Show is really good.

I hope to see you again soon.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked the night before we went for a 2 night stay and had a half price deal. We had a signature room which was really close to the restaurant and reception, although a lot of the rooms are a fair walk to the main amenities. The place is lovely and all the staff were fantastic; they couldn't do enough for us and were really friendly. The entertainment wasn't really our thing but we went to the terrace bar where you can have a drink in wonderful surroundings. The pool was a good size and there are plenty of activities to suit most tastes; we tried archery and rifle shooting and then relaxed in the sauna. In the restaurant the carvery/buffet options are probably the best as the portions on the other menu were a bit small. The food is not fine dining but everything we had was fine and the menu had quite a good range - most people seemed to eat early; we ate at 7.30 when the queues had gone down considerably. Most of the other guests were retired people but as we like to spend time together as a couple this wasn't an issue for us, and we had some great conversations with some really intersting people. Not sure if I would want to stay at the full price rates but would definitely go back on another half price deal.

1 Thank Elaine J
Hello

Thank you for posting your review.

I was nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed some of the activities we offer.

I do hope that you will return to see us again in the future.

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had been saving for a long time for a holiday to celebrate my impending retirement (at last).
We saw the Warner's flyer in a magazine offering discount breaks. The location looked good with evening entertainment and two meals included we stretched our budget and booked for 4 days starting September 24th. We arrived mid afternoon and was in time for the welcome meeting. From the word go it was fun. We were in one of the walled garden rooms. Lovely view over part of the gardens. The room was very clean and well prepared. The bathroom was a good size ( bigger than our home bathroom), clean and fresh.
We were welcomed into the dining room that evening by several members of staff in a very friendly way. The choice of food was very good if a little limited, but that's o/k when you take into account the number of diners that have to be catered for. The waitress service was very friendly and efficient. Watching the staff in the dining room was a treat, every one of them was constantly doing something for the guests. No standing about and chatting like some other restaurants.
Here comes the best bit.......the entertainment!
Fantastic. The entertainment team were the best. A special mention for Steve, Jade, Robin, James the first, James the second and of course Neil, who could forget Neil. The evenings shot by with shows, dancing, singalongs and quizes. I have to say that I am not much of a mixer but I was soon drawn into the fun and made some new friends. What a great time we had . At one point I was persuaded to join a guest artist on stage for a shot at a one man band act, what an experience. It was so funny.
We had planned to go out during the days to visit local areas. We didn't. There was so much going on that we didn't want to miss a thing. We took dance classes, which I was useless at. We joined the Pop Choir and after a couple of practice sessions, actually performed on the stage on our last night. I apologise to any one that heard us. My wife went to Zumba and Pilates while I went rifle shooting. If we had spare moments we explored the grounds. The quality of the grounds and gardens would be difficult to beat. Plenty of places if you want a bit of peace and to sit and enjoy the views.
I have to say a big thank you to All staff but especially the entertainment team. We probably will never be able to afford another break like it. It will stay in our memories forever.
P.S
I am in no way connected to the Warner Holiday company. This is a true account of what we experienced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas O
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your break and congratulations on your retirement. It sounds like you had a go at everything, well done.

I will pass on you wonderful comments to the team and I do hope that we will see you again at Cricket in the future.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a short break at this hotel in early October 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Set in beautiful grounds nestled in a valley close to Chard, Somerset, the hotel is attached to a Grade 2 listed building with historical links to Nelson. A walk around the grounds, is a must. The signature room we were allocated was well appointed and comfortable. It had a patio and was centrally situated for all amenities at the hotel. The food in the main restaurant was of a good standard with plenty of variety, even for my 'picky' taste and the dining room staff were attentive. The highlight of our break was the excellent entertainment provided by the Resident Entertainment Team. During our stay, they performed Dream Lover, which was beautifully choreographed and we thought the standard of singing and dancing was first class. One of the dancers, Becky, stood out particularly strongly with her energy, enthusiasm and radiant smile. The entertainments team mingled with guests after the show, which was a nice touch and made us feel part of the fraternity. We will certainly make a return visit to this resort.

Hello

Thank you for takiing the time to post this review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed you break and I will pass on your wonderful comment to the team, Dream Lover is certainly a great show.

Hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend break at warners breaks, cricket st.thomas. We have been a few times before and i must say had a brilliant time as always. The house and gardens are amazing, the entertainment was spot on, union gap a 60's band on sat night were excellent and Neal graham was as always hilarious.the whole experience from start to finish, from booking with geraldine, who is always so helpful and professional a real credit to the warners group,good food, good entertainment,good location, only 30 mins to lyme regis, west bay, seaton etc.just brilliant.just one more thing we ate in fornoccio's the italian a la carte restaurant for a small extra charge, it was worth every penny truly amazing expierience, food and service,10/10,with a big shout out to nick our waiter on the first night, just a brilliant attitude, we felt totally looked after by nick and the whole team, sorry can't remember all the names, but if you do go to this hotel, this restaurant is a must.thanks again to the whole team we will be back soon

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Symoctfc
Hello

Thank you for your review.

Good to hear you had a nice break here with us. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

we had a signature room and it was spacious and clean. the grounds were very well kept, the restaurant was busy but the service and food were very good. the inhouse entertainment is average. We visited the swimming pool area twice and is tired looking and the hot tub has been filled in with concrete and rocks, the tropicarium was not warm or humid, the steamroom was steamless and chilly and the steamroom door was dirty the changing facilities are average. As the leisure area is a long way from the bar & restaurant area I found it very annoying to have to walk to the bar to get a beer. Perhaps a fridge with chilled bottled beers,water and carbonated drinks for sale should be offered at the leisure centre as that's where the tv is to watch football etc. The toilets out in the grounds by the orangery were dirty. And you had a long,long walk to the restaurant,bars,shop and entertainment. But everything else was good.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the reception when booking unless you enjoy walking
1 Thank Wendy T

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Our Tropicarium is only meant to be a relaxing room with lighting and music to match and Steam room only pumps steam when the temperature requires it to, but I will pass your comments onto our Leisure Manager to check.

I am pleased you enjoyed your break and should you visit us again the nearest area to the main facilities is our courtyard wing.

Steve Grainger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chard
Bath House Hotel
The Mount Somerset Hotel
Swandown Lodges
Swandown Lodges
#1 of 4 in Chard

Been to Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel? Share your experiences!