This was our tenth visit to Warner's in a variety of their venues around the UK, and our third visit to Cricket St Thomas. As always the service, food and entertainment was very good and made our visit very pleasant.
Unfortunately the Signature Room that was booked as double had two single beds pushed together. Not something that I would expect for a hotel of such standing. This made for an uncomfortable sleep for my wife and I. The extractor fan in the bathroom ran continuously throughout our entire stay, an on/off switch would be good, or a timer switch.
It seems that some of the extras that we have grown accustomed to at Warner's are slowly being taken away, for example bath robes are still available but at an extra cost. Coffee after dinner was included, now it has a surcharge. Is this Warner's trying to squeeze every last penny out of the guests?
The safari park that was has now become a sheep farm, which was a little disappointing, as it was something we were looking forward to seeing again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset