My friend I stayed here for the Soul and Motown weekend, unfortunately we were a little disappointed as there was not any Soul and Motown. In house entertainment, tribute band and a comedian is what we endured.
The hotel was of a very good standard, we overlooked the walled garden, room was very clean and spacious. Food was was plentiful and a good variety, car very was a great choice, selection of meats and lots of fresh vegetables.
We used the swimming pool but unfortunately the leisure club was being revamped, so all facilities not available. Felt sorry for the men as they had to use outdoor changing rooms.
The manor house is worth a visit, lovely sweeping staircase and decorated ready for Xmas and new year.
We took a good walk around the grounds on a crisp Sunday morning , and found them to be pretty breathtaking .
All in all we had a great weekend but would have liked it to have been A Motown and Soul weekend what we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset