“Get what you pay for,”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very good for different real ales, and offers, friendly staff. Great for a quick lunch. Food wise it's cheap so don't expect the ritz

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We go to wether spoons most Thursday night for there curry night but most disappointed as the last 4 time we've been there they have run out of korma and that the only one I really like we go at different times anything from 5 o'clock to 7-30 and still no korma what's going on think they would know by now how much to order x

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My Family and I have just eaten in your restaurant as we regularly eat in Wetherspoons Pontypridd where the staff and food are excellent.
We will never return again.
The cutlery that was brought out with our food was filthy.... the scruffy member of staff brought other cutlery but with the biggest attitude problem I have ever seen.
The food was cold.... no one asked if it was ok.. probably because the staff here couldn't care less.
Not the best Wetherspoons. ... every one needs basic hygiene & Customer Service training!
I will be writing to Wetherspoons Customer Service to complain!!!!

Claire H, Manager at The Cerdic, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

thank you for taking the time to feedback on your visit with us and giving us the opportunity to improve.

I apologise that it wasn't up to the standards you expect from a Wetherspoons.

Please include time and dates in your complaint to head office so i can look into it and pinpoint which members of the team were working.

once again i apologise for your visit and do hope you will visit us again at some point in the future.

kind regards
Duty Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Prices have gone up a LOT!! food is awful and the locals have started asking who is on duty in the kitchen!

I ordered the mixed grill on a Wednesday lunchtime. I sent it back twice and it was still terrible. The serving staff were apologetic and admitted they would not have been impressed either. the first time the plate and the food were cold. The second time the steak was burnt. In the end I was so hungry I ate some and just left the rest.

Although the non management staff were apologetic the manager didn't really care. I waited ages to order a drink at the bar. The woman in-front of me changed her mind on the food she wanted and returned to her table. I tried to order my drink and the manager who was serving said "I can't take your order until hers is completed." this is in spite of the fact she was sat at her table looking at the menu again!! "Can't you just freeze that open order and do mine? or at least just pour me another pint."
"Nope, it is company policy to complete one order then take another." at which point he walked off. Either he was annoyed about my complaint from his food earlier or he genuinely does not care both of which hint at being unprofessional.

£9.50 for the worst mixed grill I have ever had. I will not be eating here again.

We will continue to get split reviews here depending on which manager and which chef is on duty.

Claire H, Manager at The Cerdic, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your visit.

Frst of all i would like to apologise for the poor service you recieved and i will be looking into what happened.

I have taken all your feedback on board and assure you it is been taken very seriously.

I do hope you will visit us for food again at some point in the future or at least a drink.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Friendly welcome lovely hot meals and perfectly cooked angus steak!!!!! Will definetly be coming back when in the area again!

Claire H, Manager at The Cerdic, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Regards