“Great food, disappointing service.”

Bath House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Chard
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bath House Hotel and Restaurant has a contemporary bar and a highly recommended restaurant serving innovative British cuisine with continental and Asian influences.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went here last night for a friend's birthday and was so disappointed with the service. We'd been here before when it was a chinese and really enjoyed it. The new menu looked great and we were looking forward to it.

We booked a table for 0730 and had ordered drinks and main meal by 8. When it got to 9 - we asked where our food was and were told it was just coming out 'one dish at a time'. That it did. The first dish and the last dish were nearly 10 minutes apart! We told the first few people to start eating as it would've been cold before we all got ours! I think another table of 4 were also asking where their food was. I have to say, when it finally arrived, the food was delicious but I was so hungry I was almost past it. You don't expect a wait like that when you are paying between £13 - £22 for a meal. If you went as a couple or maybe 4 i'm sure it would be lovely, they just seemed too busy to cope with a table of 7.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

While it is true this used to be the best ORIENTAL restaurant in Chard the Bath House Restaurant recently changed their menu to a much wider cuisine. The new menu is fantastic and although no longer oriental is a delight!
I have a number of food allergies and intolerance which make eating out impossible...but HERE half of the dishes on the menu are already gluten free and can be adapted especially for me. Not only that but they are WONDERFULLY tasty!
I urge anyone who has never been to try this restaurant, and anyone who loved it before it changed to go back with an open mind and experience their new menu for what it is, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited Bath house many times for take-aways and to eat in. Wonderful chinese food, top class and best around. BUT NOW!!! Oh dear what a great shame. It is now a mix of English and chinese. It still looks lovely - altho a very small menu. Sorry we won`t be going back now - unless it changes back to the wonderful place it once was.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

There is barely anything on the menu that they can't adapt to make suitable for someone who is gluten free, I just love this place!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staying locally for couples days . Found on trip advisor and as all other reviews were good tried out. Not disappointed . Exelent food and service well worth a look .