“Excellent food and service !”
Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Chard
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A contemporary, light and spacious Cafe and Art Gallery. The Gallery is the ideal place to meet for coffee, a drink at the bar or to enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch while you admire the latest local art exhibition. Please go to our website for more details about our establishment.
“Excellent food and service !”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I thought we would try the Gallery wine bar for lunch last Friday, someone had told me about the new menu, so I thought I would give it a go!
The Resturant was light and airy with a lovely breeze, we ordered the homemade burger which came with chunky chips and a lovely side salad, we were asked how we would like our burgers cooked , I had mine medium and it was perfectly done, the burger was outstanding probably the best burger I have eaten out! I was offered dressing on my salad it was delicious , chips were perfect fluffy in the middle n crisp on the outside.
Although we were a little full we decided to have dessert but wait a while, we had a chocolate fondant with cherries , and a toffee and pecan cheesecake, we shared these. OMG they were both to die for yummy!
The service was excellent and the owner served us he was very friendly and very helpful, all in all a perfect long lunch!
It maybe a little bit more pricy than other places in town but they obviously use high quality produce so it is worth the little extra, we will be returning again soon and bringing our friends !!
Thank you The Gallery !
Holly & Julie x

• Visited September 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Really good food, great little find via trip advisor.
Lovely setting, great friendly service accommodating a sudden large group pre Hen Do weekend !
Food is home made and really tasty, if in Chard for lunch this is where to go.

Westerham, United Kingdom
“fabulous find”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Warm welcome, very comfortable setting and fantastic food at a very reasonable price. A really special find. We would definitely visit again if in the area.

“A hidden gem”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Welcome, staff, food and drink are excellent and so reasonable...will be dining there often! Lobster is also available if you order 24hours in advance...excellent!!!

Bridort
“Wish we had The Gallery in Bridport”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Three years ago my friend and I visited this restaurant café when we were on holiday at Warners Cricket St Thomas. We have since often remembered how lovely the coffee was and sitting out on their Al fresco dining area in the sunshine. Today we had planned to pick raspberries at Ford Abbey Pick Your Own only to find that it was closed. We popped along to Ford Abbey to have a coffee only to find that availability to the public wanting Restaurant facilities only has been stopped. We then remembered that lovely restaurant in Chard, which wasn't too far. The visit cheered us up enormously, excellent hot coffee, breakfast bacon and sausage doorstep sandwiches all cooked to perfection and the service with a smile and nothing too much trouble attitude made our day. The hospitality, the presentation and ambience of the venue makes The Gallery Café, Bar & Bistro, in my opinion, deserve a 5 star reward.