Bath House Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$66
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbath househollywood suitekarine and ronexecutive suitesmoked salmonlovely little hotelwould highly recommend this hotelair conditioningwarm welcomesmall hotelcooked to perfectionfull englishjurassic coastlocal produceperfect hostsforde abbeypot of tea
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A beautifully decorated and unique hotel. Our room was gorgeous with lovely little touches and decorations to make you feel comfortable and at home. We had air-conditioning for which we were most grateful as our stay was during the July heat wave!

The room included a modern bathroom with very spacious double shower.

We had a lovely chat with Karine before we left and she was a wonderful,warm and friendly hostess.

The restaurant was suggested to us as the best in Chard and we were not disappointed. Each dish was delicious and beautifully presented.

Thoroughly recommended- thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

On no account stay here - unless, that is , you need to stay in the area regularly; for the idea of visiting a place just to stay in a particular hotel is bizarre! But that intention was in my mind after a few days enjoying Karine and Ron's hospitality, for family reasons .
Yes, other places offer good meals, decor, service, and comfortable rooms; but Oriental Aroma (its local name) provides these with extras. I only had the breakfasts but in addition to being excellent in their cooking and presentation these were much more attractive than the usual " full English ". The decor was simply elegant; and the service was so personal and warm that one was left with a feeling of well-being.
Kipling ( I believe ) said " East West home's best "; but if you must go away, you can't better the Oriental Aroma.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here because of working in the area, I travel and stay away weekly and have done for the pas 6 years. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in London, but this is sincerely one of the best I have stayed in. The room is well appointed, clean, comfortable, modern with a luxurious feel.

I was made to feel welcome from the moment I entered the hotel, and as with another review the lady who served my dinner was attentive without being overbearing, I felt I had been here before which is a lovely quality when staying away alone. I appreciate the comments about the car park, but I think you will have to rate that on a car park website, if I can park and its free I'm happy.

The restaurant is worthy of any modern trendy area (reminded me of something from summertownin Oxford). The decor is again well thought out, intimate and comfortable. I felt I didn't want to leave, something I cannot say for all of the meals I have alone whilst working away. That takes me onto the food!!!!

The owner has recently changed the menu from what I understand was a Chinese restaurant, And i can hinestly say is that the meal was delicious. If this was local to me I would be a regular, anyone local to this who doesn't currently use the restaurant should, they will not be disappointed. The owner cooks all of the food, and presentation, taste, quality etc etc were all top class, he should be very proud and so should any one living in chard to have this on there door step!

I am writing ths from my room, after calling my wife to advise we will be making the trip here together shortly! Hopefully with friends to celebrate my birthday!

I appreciate I have rambled, I can honestly say I haven't reviewed a hotel in six years, but I am so taken with this gem of a hotel, the staff, THE FOOD!! I just felt that an exception hotel should be recognised!

If you live local visit and eat if you don't visit, eat and stay!

Well done bath house!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tommytibbs83
Reviewed July 3, 2013

On arriving at Bath House Hotel we were greeted with a hug from Karine. She is just lovely. Definitely the warmest welcome I've ever received at any hotel.
During our 2 night stay, nothing was too much trouble for her, and even if the hotel was a ramshackle old shed (which it was anything but!!!), it would still be worth a visit simply for her hospitality.
The hotel itself is immaculately clean and well looked after, and all the staff are just lovely.
We stayed in the Hollywood room. It was beautiful. However, it is definitely more of a family room than a couples room, mostly due to the large bed actually comprising of 2 single beds. It made it a little difficult to get comfortable. But, I did have a look at most of the other rooms while we were there, and they all look absolutely perfect for either singles or couples alike. In the Executive Room you can only view the T.V. from the sofa and not the bed due to the room layout, but I suppose that's only really important if you're likely to be watching a lot of T.V. on your visit! Each room has a slightly different bathroom, so be sure to know your preference before booking. There's a double ended bath and a quadrant shower in the Hollywood room, and a huge double shower but no bath in one of the others, whereas one room has a regular bath with shower over.
The breakfasts were amazing and plentiful, and served with smiles! I'm not generally a morning person, so that is an important thing for me!
Quite honestly, I've never come across such a welcoming atmosphere and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Probably only book the Hollywood Room as a family room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Do not be put off by the outside. Doesn't look like a "normal" hotel. Good clean rooms but the gem is the restaurant. Short menu but great fodd beutifully presented and served. Short wine list but a few good samples

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business