“nice place, but terrible service”
Review of Posada Nena

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carupano
Posada Nena
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carupano
Lake Constance
“nice place, but terrible service”
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I stayed at Posada Nena together with my girlfriend, the rooms are really nice and clean. As such it is a very nice place.

The posada is run by a german (I am german as well, by the way) and well organized. However, don't ever book stuff with them. They take advantage of tourists/backpackers, who have just arrived and don't know much about how easy traveling is in Venezuela.

We arrived there as our first stop in Venezuela and since the posada is quite some distance from the next town and information is hard to get, you have to rely on their own travel agency for information. Then we were greatly overcharged for a trip to Cuidad Bolivar., and also, when we changed money. Furthermore, in relation to other places around the country they charge way to much for the food, but again this is basically the only source of food there.

Furthermore, we booked a flight through them which we missed, but since they already had the money, they were of not much help in retrieving at least part of the funds...

I was sick and had to go to the hospital. Asking them whether it was possible to speak english (my spanish is ok, but probably not good enough for medical talk), they said "they all speak english" and sent me off in a taxi. In the hospital nobody spoke english. I have seen a great deal of hostels or so that would have just send somebody along, especially when the season is low as it was.

In a nutshell: The experience there was very much tainted by the incompetent, unhelpful and overcharging nature of the staff.

• Liked — the beach closeby and the room
  • Disliked — staff, service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank batmaniac

Business

Been to Posada Nena? Share your experiences!