“my experience”
Review of Rainforest Riding

Rainforest Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: All our tours are customized to your length of stay and riding ability. Riders will view a mixture of local agriculture and forest, several species of birds and local livestock. We offer five different trails and a beach ride where you can swim with the horses. It's a lot of fun.
Portsmouth, Saint John, Dominica
“my experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Valerie Francis is a friendly person with great interpersonal skills. I worked with her as an intern 2013 where i learnt a lot of horses and had a passion for them. Her idea of re introducing horses for tourism was a fantastic idea for the economy. Love it! I would love to be a pro on riding just like her daughters.

Visited September 2013

West Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable even for experienced riders”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a wonderful time with Valerie and Ken. My partner had never ridden a horse before and they made him feel safe and comfortable. There explanations and experience on the island added greatly to the trip. I loved tasting the raw cocoa bean and even the horse enjoyed the mango. I would definitely recommend a riding trip with Valerie.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cindy M
Chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fantastic day for us!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I must say we hit it lucky planning our day with Valerie and Ken! The rains had been extreme and caused flooding in much of the tourist attractions on the day we were in port. No problem for Ken who was there on time to deliver my husband and I to Valerie. He was sure to point out all points of interest along the way and it nice to drive throughout the island. The horses and saddles were incredibly clean, which must have been a difficult task considering the earlier weather. The ride was pleasant, very safe, and not difficult. They both took care to point out fruits and plant life along the ride. Loved it... Gives you a different view of the rainforest. And most of all not be part of a 50 person excursion. Do it if you have the opportunity!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ChristinesTravels
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One on one experience (truly enjoyed it) Professional!!!!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband wanted to go horse back riding. I am not much of a horse person but I wanted to please him just like he pleases me most of the time. We were staying at Secrets Bay Resort and did not wanted to spend 100 per person (the hotels offers you a similar tours but more fancy) We found this tour in trip advisor and after calling Valerie (the owner) she said the tour was under $50 which was exactly under our budget. To get there, Valerie sent Kenneth (her boyfriend) to pick up up. I cannot describe, how much positive energy Ken has, he is a happy, and full of energy man. Once at the location Valerie was very sweet and patient explaining everything.... then we started the journey. It was juts her and us two and I must say it was an awesome experience. We saw lots of fruits, birds and a beautiful scenery. It was about 2 hours and a half. We were so impressed by Valeri boyfriend (Ken) that we asked him about taking us to the island on a tour. When you thinking about a tour guide, Ken is exactly who you want to spend your day while enjoying the island. He pick us ON TIME and we spent the whole day, driving with him, swimming in lakes, hot springs, eating great food and listening to some reggae. We looooveeee the experience he offers us. You do not need to splurge when you travel so Valeri and Ken are you man couple to get all of the scenery you are looking for.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alanyspr
Islamorada, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rainforest Riding Rocks”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had such an amazing time riding with Valerie and Kenneth. From riding in the water to an incredible tour of the fort, both of our guides were patient, helpful and full of great information. And their kids are learning from two pro's too! Thank you Valerie and Kenneth for putting a shine too an already brilliant trip!

Visited October 2013