TripAdvisor
Portsmouth
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews zing zing our honeymoon private beach villa attendant the indian river the cliff sunset deck plantain chips lion fish chef grant ti fey champagne reef personal attendant ylang ylang natural beauty rum punch sara lee
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Secret Bay is absolutely amazing. My wife and I celebrated our 11th anniversary and her 40th birthday with a 10 day stay in Ti-Fey II. What wasn't amazing?

Food: Incredible. Chef Grant is a culinary genius. Everything was delicious, made to order, customized just for us, and had an amazing and inventive story behind how it was produced. At one point my wife happened to mention offhand that she was in the mood for steak. The next night, Chef Grant had sourced us some excellent steak and grilled it at our room for us. Plus, he's also an expert mixologist. His inventive drinks were to die for.

Room: Perfect. View amazing from bedroom AND living room due to the 2 floor design. Everything we needed was in there, including a lovely outdoor shower, patio for eating with a view, plunge pool, TVs with various streaming services, full kitchen, very comfortable bed and linens. Just perfect.

Service: This might have been the most unique part, at least for us. We are not used to being waited on so expertly. Want lunch brought down to you at the beach with a cooler of pina coladas? Done. Want to book a last minute snorkeling excursion with Captian Don (who is fantastic as well)? You got it. Need a personal item procured? It's handled for you. We barely had to lift a finger the whole trip, except when we wanted to.

The island: Not built up as much as some other Caribbean islands we've been to, but if you're going to Dominica you're not going for the cities, you're going for the nature, and that it has in spades. Waterfalls, beautiful rain forest, Champagne reef and other snorkeling spots, beaches of all kinds, natural hot springs, and my favorite of it all, Titou Gorge, a beautiful natural gorge formed by a lava flow where a somewhat cold waters flow through. Getting used to the water temperature is well worth the swim up the gorge to see the natural beauty, then you can lay back and float back down like a lazy river. Oh, can't forget the Indian river tour with Fire, a highlight of the trip as well.

So much I'm leaving out, but I'll leave it here. An unforgettable vacation.

Room tip: TI-FEY II was very nice.
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Our experience in Dominica was so positively enhanced by our memorable stay at Secret Bay- I would definitely say the best thing was the people who work there who really make you feel you're at home- away from home. We had a private butler attending our villa who was just a message or call away and our activities coordinator who would have our needs met within minutes. She organised some of the best tours for us and arranged for tour guides who really knew what they were doing and were passionate about their work like Dr Birdie's tour at the Syndicate Nature Reserve. I still remember our guide Fire who took us for canoeing on the Indian River and was taking pictures for me and my husband like a professional photographer and entertaining us about the wildlife as well as the history and current happenings in the area. I am also a Muslim woman who takes the hijab and therefore privacy was everything to me for the trip. Not only were our villas very private, but the people at Secret Bay also made sure to respect that and accommodated for our very private photoshoots and date nights on the sun deck. They also have a secret beach and cave for diving and the perfect TV setting for them netflix and chill kinda evenings when you can just order some nachos from Zing Zing to munch on and relax. Last but not least, you can make your stay as healthy as you want with some of the best organic and locally sources toiletries and fresh ingredients for your dining. You'll thank me for this review once you've been there!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fazeela J
Reviewed August 25, 2019

My wife and I feel so blessed that we were able to spend a week at the Secret Bay- we had the time of our lives! We stayed in the Zabuco Honeymoon Villa 1, and it was perfect.

Sara Lee was a wonderful villa attendant. She would ask us each day what time we wished for her to make breakfast in the morning and what time and place we would like to have dinner each evening. You could choose from dinner on your own villa deck, on the sunset deck, or at Zing-Zing.

Lenita helped us put together the perfect schedule for us, which allowed us to be on complete cruise control our whole visit and achieve true rest.

Chef Grant stole our hearts with his passion for food, warm/fun personality, and great taste in music! But really, the best food I've ever had! Chef Grant made the trip for me.

Some of our favorite activities were our Indian River tour with Fire... He is the man!, our cooking class with Chef Grant!... we learned so much and were given recipes that are worth the trip alone!... our sunset sail with Captain Eddy and Captain Don! We had so much fun riding the waves with our new friends.

We are looking forward to coming back one day!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Travis H
Reviewed August 19, 2019

I do not believe I could exaggerate the quality of the dining experience we had here...granted it is located in an amazing boutique resort...but the chef's talented hand with the many courses was very special. He even shared some cheese a guest earlier in the week, brought specifically for him from France.
Just go, just go, just go

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Having been to 80 countries, 6 continents and stayed at lavish hotels with well known brands... I am left speechless. Secret bay is an unknown brand that makes me feel the giants could learn a thing or 3 from.

Thanks for an incredible stay. Villa Zambuco is a true reflection of not just luxury and seclusion but indeed a chance to be pampered by ones own chef butler and concierge.

We look fwd to our return and may indeed make this an annual retreat. An escape from all things disturbing. The private bay and beach was the cherry on top.

The restaurant zing zing was phenomenal serving fresh catch with a 5* hotel feel. Nothing u would expect from a resort with only 5 villas!

Well done. Something new finally.

Date of stay: August 2019