All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Secret bay is a perfect getaway for people who like their privacy and love luxury and nature. The staff is extremely friendly and service oriented and they will help you with everything you want in any way they can. The location and food are excellent.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2016

Thank you HafAms for this short and sweet review. We appreciate your kind words and hope we see you again!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Secret Bay is one of kind luxury resort. This place is truly spectacular in every way! The villas are nestled into the mountain side amongst the trees. The villas, service, and amenities are top of the line. You see a few other guests but it seriously feels like you have your own private getaway. A few weeks prior to you arrival, Secret Bay sends you an information packet for you to fill out about your preferences during your stay.

If you stay 5 nights or more transportation to and from the airport is complementary. Even if you aren't staying 5 nights I would recommend setting up transportation through Secret Bay. The roads are not well marked and very curvy, as well as driving on the left side of the road.

If you chose to eat on property (which I highly recommend) all meals are on your schedule and prepared just how you like them. The food is so so good! We loved every single meal the kitchen prepared for us. In the mornings its so wonderful to sit out on the porch taking in the beautiful scenery with breakfast brought right to you. At the end of a busy day, you can enjoy a nice glass of wine and dinner served anywhere on the property you would like.

Excursions. It was helpful for me to gather information about the island and what areas my husband and I wanted to see while we were there. We were able to discuss and plan our adventures with Lenita over morning coffee. She is helpful and very knowledgable about what Dominica has to offer. The activities we chose were: Day trip to Titou Gorge, Tralfagar Falls, Scott's Head, and Champagne Reef with Devon. Indian river tour with Fire. Couples Massage overlooking the ocean. We were going to go on the cayoning and zip-line tour but the weather wasn't the best on our last day. We were able to explore the beaches and coral reefs around property with kayaks and paddle boards provided at our request.

During our stay we had the most wonderful staff members helping us feel right at home. Lenita, Deslyn, Roseline, Rohan, and Devon were all helpful, professional, and very welcoming. Every person we meet while in Dominica were friendly and happy to have visitors on the island. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Secret Bay is. You will not go wrong in booking this resort.

Room tip: US currency is accepted all over the island. There is an exit tax when leaving the island. $23 per person.
3  Thank Margaret C

Hi Margaret C, you have succinctly captured the guest experience from start to finish. The questionnaire is indeed an important part of the planning process and it informs the itinerary created by Lenita, our Concierge. Our drivers are happy to meet you at the airport with cool rags, delicious local snacks and warm smiles. We cater to your unique palette and it’s a treat when guests select the ‘surprise me’ option and fall in love with our food offerings.
We also offer experiences at, nearby to and further away from the resort at various sites and provide guides as well as transportation to guests. It’s easy to build rapport with our staff as we truly care for you and want your experience to be a good one. That is why were sad to see you go!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I can't even begin to describe our stay here. It was more than both myself and my partner, Ryan could have imagined! We really needed to get away and we considered going to Europe for our big trip, but I stumbled upon Secret Bay a few years ago and I hadn't been able to stop dreaming about it since. I booked everything through Ayeola, their marketing manger. She was so great, any question I had she answered within hours of me sending it. She helped me with all of the booking and making sure we were all set with everything before we even arrived! We went in the 'rainy season' right when Hurricane Matthew was blowing around, so we were a little nervous about our travels and what the weather would be like during our stay. Turns out, we had absolutely nothing to worry about! The weather turned out to be amazing.

We stayed in the YlangYlang villa, which was brand new!! We were actually the first couple to stay in it and seeing it online in a rendering did this villa no justice. The construction was absolutely beautiful. We had a lower deck, and upper deck, an out door kitchen and a private pool off of the bedroom. Everything from floor to ceiling was made out of this beautiful wood. This place was jaw dropping. We arrived after dark so we didn't really know what we'd wake up to, and when the morning came and we walked outside, we were speechless. It was so beautiful, you could actually see Guadeloupe in the distance.

As far as the service was concerned, I don't think I could have even asked for anything more. Every single person was so incredibly nice - and that goes for around the whole island. The guest coordinator was so amazing that went I got stuck by a sea urchin spike, she went out into town searching for the final piece of an island remedy that she ended up doing for me! It was also my birthday during our trip, they baked me a whole cake, put together a romantic dinner, AND when I came back to the villa, they had drawn a bath with fresh flower petals in it and written 'HAPPY BDAY' on the bath mat in petals.

This place was seriously a dream, not only was Secret Bay absolutely amazing, but the whole island just left us in awe. I have never seen a place so diverse in its scenery, so beautiful in its people, and so genuine in all senses of the term! There are so many things to do, so many places to see, and so much good food to eat. (Seriously, the food at Secret Bay- which is all local foods- was AMAZING but the other local cuisine is just as fantastic)

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this place.

TAKE THE TRIP! It is so worth it!

2  Thank Rachael E

Hey guys… our first YY guests! It was such a pleasure welcoming you to Dominica and Secret Bay. So glad you changed your mind about Europe. This unit’s design, though similar, is different from the others- with it’s outdoor kitchen and pool access from the bedroom. Thanks for giving it your stamp of approval.

We were so determined that you had a great birthday despite your sea urchin mishap. Lenita’s quick thinking went a long way to help. Can’t thank you enough for also being in our YY video postcard. We miss you guys, please come again.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

I'm compelled to write a review of Secret Bay as they truly should be commended for providing us with a place that left us wanting more. From my first email to the Team, to the departure from Secret Bay, each and every staff genuinely were interested in giving us the best they could offer!

We were met at the airport, given a cold towel and some fresh snacks for our hour long drive to the property. We arrived quite late in the evening but our Villa attendant Sara Lee and Lenita, gust services coordianator were there to greet us and give us a quick orientation of the villa as well as provide a sumptuous dinner.

We stayed in Ylang Ylang, the newest of the Villas in Secret Bay. Comfortable, luxurious and romantic is how I can describe it. Dinner that night and every night was fresh, healthy and delicious. We travelled with another couple who had the luxury of staying in Zabuco II, allowing us to experience both villas. We had dinner at Zabuco II most nights and their attendant Shamima was just as kind and courteous as Sara Lee. These ladies gave us our privacy when needed and always asked if there was more they could do.

We were given a full story of how Secret Bay was conceived and given a full tour of the property. I can say each villa was perfectly thought out. Coming from Barbados, the beaches were a bit disappointing, but the snorkeling was not! The sea fans and formations of coral were amazing! Though we didn’t see an abundance of fish, I did happen to see the biggest fish I have ever seen while snorkeling, apparently a tarpon.

Dominica is itself is a nature lovers’ playground. Numerous hikes, waterfalls and adventure on the seas. We definitly have to go back to see all we couldn't fit in. What surprised me was with all the water in Dominica, I did not see one mosquito. Did not have to use repellant once!

Afternoons comprised of the sundowners in the villa pool, which by the way was the perfect temp. The wine coolers were well stocked and not badly priced and the snacks and fresh fruit juices were delicious.

The appliances were very high end which made them a little difficult to operate, not that I had any intention of cooking, but the built in coffee machine was a hit. Macchiatos and cappuccinos were a morning fix as well as the homemade yogurt, granola and fresh fruit.

Overall our experience at Secret Bay is one that we will not forget. Anyone who wants to forget about life for a while should escape to Secret Bay. We certainly will be back!

Room tip: The bungalows suite younger couples
1  Thank 116Laura

Hi Laura and thanks so much for your review. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with your Secret Bay experience from start to finish. Sara Lee, Shemima and Lenita are truly caring and I am so glad you got to experience their warmth. Coming from Barbados, I totally get your reaction to our beaches…ours are definitely different, due to the volcanic nature of our topography. We have all shades between black and white sands, and beautiful river stones as well. And best of all, the local beaches are typically secluded and never overrun with tourists. And yes, it’s a majestic thrill underwater… what a treat you got!
Please, please come back to Dominica, there’s so much still yet to do; and when you visit a gain we hope you will choose Secret Bay for your stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

Secret Bay really is something special! I’ve traveled extensively to luxury resorts all over the world and I can confidently say that the experience at Secret Bay is among the best I’ve ever had. From the moment we arrived at the airport to the moment we left Dominica, Secret Bay’s incredible staff made us feel so comfortable and taken care of! The accommodations themselves are stunning, with jaw-dropping views and architecture, as well as state of the art kitchens and comfortable airy interiors. The grounds are perfectly kept, while still maintaining the natural beauty of the lush surroundings. The food was hands-down some of the best I’ve ever had; creative, flavorful and authentic! Though all of those aspects of the resort were truly wonderful, the highlight of our experience at Secret Bay was the amazing staff, who really went above-and-beyond to make our stay memorable! They anticipated our wants/needs, planned wonderful excursions and greeted us with genuine smiles and laughs every day. Secret Bay is without a doubt, worth the trip to Dominica. Discover this hidden gem before the rest of the world does!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L

Hey Jessica! We miss you lots.
Our hearts are warmed when we receive great reviews such as yours and when you highlight our committed staff, it truly gives us a sense of humility. We appreciate your kind words.
It was an honour and pleasure to meet you and serve you during your stay. We hope you come again.