All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Dominica is AMAZING! beauty, people, culture, location- all of it.
Secret Bay is even better.
If you pick one thing to do this year in terms of spoiling yourself choose Secret Bay.

We stayed in both Ti-Fey and Zabuco I (on the cliff). Both are different and both are great. You'll be happy with both. Zabuco has its private pool which is fantastic after exploring the island but Ti-Fey is cozy and both have fabulous views.

The team at Secret Bay is incredible. Food is top notch. They have a great wine selection but suggest grabbing your liquor of choice from duty free or bring from home. we are gin and vodka martini drinkers and brought our own stuff + shaker.

The two beaches at Secret Bay are perfect. nice amount of sun and shade. fun for activities or reading. they have paddle boards, kayaks, snorkling gear.

The Secret Bay team can organize anything and everything for you.
Our vacation was pure relaxation, a bit of exercise and adventure, and digital decompress from our advertising jobs. everything was so easy, taken care of that we truly relaxed, ate and slept well. read and enjoyed the beautiful views.

Activities we did and recommend:
the river boat tour. they will pick up at secret bay and it is about a 2 hour tour. my husband and i were the only ones on the boat. we saw other tours with 10-12 people so with secret bay the experience is a bit more special.
all of the guides we met are local so they know everything about the history, culture, and island.

also recommend canyoning with extreme dominica.
amazing. secret bay can set this up for you. we had a blast.

and finally, hike to boiling lake. it is about 6 hours and hard but well worth it. ryan was our guide and the greatest.

i did yoga on the deck at secret bay. great practice with the instructor.

my husband and i got massages in our villa on the last day which was a perfect end to a fabulous holiday.

we've traveled a lot throughout the Caribbean- Secret Bay and Dominica are quite special.

I'm serious, Go Here Tomorrow!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Thanks so much jillr1313. I feel your enthusiasm through the screen! We love knowing that after their departure, our guests have fond memories of their stay with us. Whenever you need to decompress and pamper yourself again, make sure to give us a call. It will be our pleasure to attend to your needs.

Reviewed June 13, 2016

If you are seeking secluded luxury, then this is for you. Each of the villas is separate and in fact you can (as we did) go for days without seeing other guests.

Our "room" on stilts with the private pool below had stunning views over the sea from the cliff top. It is a fully equipped apartment with kitchen, terrace, living room etc. and all beautifully presented. Fabulous.

So, don't think hotel, this is more like self catering where you have outsourced the "self" to the excellent staff. You have your own staff member who can bring food for you to cook (raw), or bring prepared food for you to cook (e.g. marinated), or bring you food fully ready to eat. And then don't worry about the washing up. The fridge is stocked, there is a fresh coffee machine, ice-maker etc.. So, the perfect balance of privacy/seclusion and yet no work.

All the staff are charming, although you don't need to see much of anyone if you don't want to.

I guess it might be a bit too quiet if you spent two weeks here for example. But five days was brilliant.

Room tip: All are individual buildings so do you research as to which will suit.
Date of stay: April 2016
3  Thank Hugh D

You’re right Hugh D. Guests tend to feel like they are the only ones here at Secret Bay when they visit. That’s because your need for privacy, seclusion and relaxation is at the forefront of all we do. For our experienced villa attendants and the rest of the team it really comes naturally. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

My sister and I celebrated her 50th birthday at Secret Bay in Dominica. It was truly one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had! The villas are built to surround nature with the most wonderful views and the staff of Secret Bay makes you feel at home away from home. The hotel services felt customized just for us - everything from our meals to a surprise birthday cake for my sister. Marvin, the hotel director also accommodated our last minute request for Domica's infamous BB Rum to take home as gifts! We also booked few excusions through Secret Bay Resort and all the guides they arranged for us were professional and very knowledgeable. We loved our visit to this beautiful island and Secret Bay Resort made our experience that much more special. We are definitely going back!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret P

Hi Margaret! thanks so much for your visit. Please give our regards to your sister. Fifty years is a big milestone; we were thrilled to be part of your special celebration.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and our guides as well. See you when you get back.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I truly couldn't have asked for a better surprise. It was a honeymoon and anniversary wrapped in one. We spent our time at Secret Bay in Zabuco Villa. The villa managed to combine sophistication while keeping it very natural. One of my most memorable experiences was the tub that was placed with a view of the Caribbean sea and the shower that opened up with a view of the tree tops and the beach down below.

The entire experience left me feeling very pampered. The ladies who checked in on us periodically were great. The food was amazing; my favorite dessert was the mango cobbler with passion-fruit locally made ice-cream.

Secret bay is truly a gem. Zabuco Villa makes you wish you never have to leave.

Room tip: Amazing View at Villa Zabuco 1
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Souyenne D

Hi Souyenne D. Zabcuo is indeed the perfect place for a honeymoon and anniversary getaway- spending sweet moments with the one you love. The views, the personalised service and the scrumptious food all combine to make it oh so special. Do return for another special occasion, we hope to make it just as memorable.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I am just back from a truly amazing visit and adventure at Secret Bay in Dominica! As an architect, I was extremely impressed with the design execution of the bungalow and villas floating in the tree canopy with perfectly cleared views to private beaches and the Cabrits National Park on the ocean horizon. It felt as if you were living in a 5 star treehouse and the personalized service was truly impeccable. The bungalow unit in which i stayed was well appointed with regional woods and high tech and modern appliances including the best wifi i have ever experienced in the Caribbean. The menu each day had a variety of local and sustainably sourced organic fish and meat all with an artisanal twist specific to the region. I really can not say enough about how unique and amazing the food was each day. The beaches were very private and access was either by kayak or an snorkel or swim. On my snorkel to Secret Beach i saw various colorful and exotic fish including a 8 foot eel tucked in the color reef. I had a private guide on the swim take me deep into the cliff via a 20' swim that popped out into a dramatic interior cave which felt quite adventurous and unforgettable. I have traveled extensively within the Caribbean, and have never experienced such a remarkable natural environment, quality of architectural design and execution of service I found on my visit to Secret Bay. If you are dreaming of the perfect health and wellness and adventure oriented experience offering a truly 5 star service, i would highly recommend visiting Secret Bay!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank hd0wling

We are super honoured to have all our villas, including our new Ylang Ylang Honeymoon Villas I and II designed by famed architecht Fruto Vivas; and it gives is great pleasure to read your comments, especially considering that you to are an architect.

Apart from being visually stunning, the units are built with the highest standards and are extremely safe. When you add the natural indoor/outdoor experience- its just magic!

We hope on your next visit you experience Ylang Ylang and we’ll be waiting on your feedback too!