All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed June 13, 2016

If you are seeking secluded luxury, then this is for you. Each of the villas is separate and in fact you can (as we did) go for days without seeing other guests.

Our "room" on stilts with the private pool below had stunning views over the sea from the cliff top. It is a fully equipped apartment with kitchen, terrace, living room etc. and all beautifully presented. Fabulous.

So, don't think hotel, this is more like self catering where you have outsourced the "self" to the excellent staff. You have your own staff member who can bring food for you to cook (raw), or bring prepared food for you to cook (e.g. marinated), or bring you food fully ready to eat. And then don't worry about the washing up. The fridge is stocked, there is a fresh coffee machine, ice-maker etc.. So, the perfect balance of privacy/seclusion and yet no work.

All the staff are charming, although you don't need to see much of anyone if you don't want to.

I guess it might be a bit too quiet if you spent two weeks here for example. But five days was brilliant.

Room tip: All are individual buildings so do you research as to which will suit.
Date of stay: April 2016
3  Thank Hugh D
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

You’re right Hugh D. Guests tend to feel like they are the only ones here at Secret Bay when they visit. That’s because your need for privacy, seclusion and relaxation is at the forefront of all we do. For our experienced villa attendants and the rest of the team it really comes naturally. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

My sister and I celebrated her 50th birthday at Secret Bay in Dominica. It was truly one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had! The villas are built to surround nature with the most wonderful views and the staff of Secret Bay makes you feel at home away from home. The hotel services felt customized just for us - everything from our meals to a surprise birthday cake for my sister. Marvin, the hotel director also accommodated our last minute request for Domica's infamous BB Rum to take home as gifts! We also booked few excusions through Secret Bay Resort and all the guides they arranged for us were professional and very knowledgeable. We loved our visit to this beautiful island and Secret Bay Resort made our experience that much more special. We are definitely going back!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret P

Hi Margaret! thanks so much for your visit. Please give our regards to your sister. Fifty years is a big milestone; we were thrilled to be part of your special celebration.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and our guides as well. See you when you get back.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I truly couldn't have asked for a better surprise. It was a honeymoon and anniversary wrapped in one. We spent our time at Secret Bay in Zabuco Villa. The villa managed to combine sophistication while keeping it very natural. One of my most memorable experiences was the tub that was placed with a view of the Caribbean sea and the shower that opened up with a view of the tree tops and the beach down below.

The entire experience left me feeling very pampered. The ladies who checked in on us periodically were great. The food was amazing; my favorite dessert was the mango cobbler with passion-fruit locally made ice-cream.

Secret bay is truly a gem. Zabuco Villa makes you wish you never have to leave.

Room tip: Amazing View at Villa Zabuco 1
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Souyenne D

Hi Souyenne D. Zabcuo is indeed the perfect place for a honeymoon and anniversary getaway- spending sweet moments with the one you love. The views, the personalised service and the scrumptious food all combine to make it oh so special. Do return for another special occasion, we hope to make it just as memorable.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I am just back from a truly amazing visit and adventure at Secret Bay in Dominica! As an architect, I was extremely impressed with the design execution of the bungalow and villas floating in the tree canopy with perfectly cleared views to private beaches and the Cabrits National Park on the ocean horizon. It felt as if you were living in a 5 star treehouse and the personalized service was truly impeccable. The bungalow unit in which i stayed was well appointed with regional woods and high tech and modern appliances including the best wifi i have ever experienced in the Caribbean. The menu each day had a variety of local and sustainably sourced organic fish and meat all with an artisanal twist specific to the region. I really can not say enough about how unique and amazing the food was each day. The beaches were very private and access was either by kayak or an snorkel or swim. On my snorkel to Secret Beach i saw various colorful and exotic fish including a 8 foot eel tucked in the color reef. I had a private guide on the swim take me deep into the cliff via a 20' swim that popped out into a dramatic interior cave which felt quite adventurous and unforgettable. I have traveled extensively within the Caribbean, and have never experienced such a remarkable natural environment, quality of architectural design and execution of service I found on my visit to Secret Bay. If you are dreaming of the perfect health and wellness and adventure oriented experience offering a truly 5 star service, i would highly recommend visiting Secret Bay!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank hd0wling

We are super honoured to have all our villas, including our new Ylang Ylang Honeymoon Villas I and II designed by famed architecht Fruto Vivas; and it gives is great pleasure to read your comments, especially considering that you to are an architect.

Apart from being visually stunning, the units are built with the highest standards and are extremely safe. When you add the natural indoor/outdoor experience- its just magic!

We hope on your next visit you experience Ylang Ylang and we’ll be waiting on your feedback too!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

My husband and I were fortunate enough to win a prize of a long weekend at Secret Bay in May of this year. Although we live in Dominica, we had no idea this amazing jewel was tucked away, lending itself to truly be a Secret Bay. We were greeted by 3 members of staff with such warmth and friendliness that we immediately felt completely at ease. Shemima, our attendant, is one of the most charming Dominican's I have had the pleasure or getting to know. We were treated to wonderful cuisine and service the whole of our visit. We stayed in Zabucco 111 with a gorgeous plunge pool and every comfort of loungers, tables and hammock to while away the time, whilst enjoying the stunning views for which Dominica is so famous.. Zabucco is beautifully designed with every comfort one could wish for.. We are planning to return to this little paradise to be thoroughly spoiled by the superb members of staff. . Because we live on Dominica we can assure future visitors to the island and specifically to Secret Bay, there is a wonderful selection of trips available to book in order to discover this the delights of the island.. Scuba diving, kayaking, hiking ,canyoning, sulphur pools, whale watching and much more is waiting to be explored.

Room tip: . Each building is uniquely built in hardwood. Own garden and all views are beautiful. Privacy and quiet is paramount here
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Norma. It was our pleasure to welcome you and your husband to Secret Bay and to take care of you both during your time with us. We love having locals stay on property- you are some of our best salespersons! Glad you’re thinking of coming again. We’ll be here to welcome you.