$139
$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$128
$115
Hotels.com
$68
$64
Lucy Inn(Portsmouth)
$55
Orbitz.com
Iso's Bed & Breakfast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$80
$126
$111
  • Breakfast included
$107
$99
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
$83
Rejens Hotel(Portsmouth)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewszing zingthe indian riverprivate beachvilla attendantzabuco honeymoon villathe cliffcoconut beachtrafalgar fallsgranolatibay beachlobsterinfinity poollion fishchampagne reefnatural beautyrum punchplantain chips
Reviewed January 26, 2016

Last year we read a review about Secret Bay and felt we just had to experience it ourselves. What an amazing place!! The accommodation is second to none all in private locations dotted amongst the trees. The staff did everything they good to make our stay one to remember and the meals were some of the best food we have every tasted! Liked the choice of where to have our meals - on our verandah, on the sunset deck, on the meditation deck or by the beach. Can't wait to go there again!

Room Tip: Any choice of room would be good!!!
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Thanks for reading that review, visiting and now writing your own, Angela T! We’re truly lucky to have access to such a variety of fresh, local ingredients here in Dominica-our Souce Shack team takes pleasure in sharing with all our guests. Can’t wait for your return!

Reviewed January 24, 2016

We stayed at Secret Bay for a relaxing long weekend and felt so welcome that we now feel we have new friends on the island. We live on Dominica, so this was a real treat, as an anniversary present to ourselves, to stay at Secret Bay. I can not say enough about the staff and our personal concierge who even brewed a pot of ginger tea when she realized I had a cough. The specially prepared, personalized meals, served in our bungalow, were the best you can get on Dominica- a high 5 to the chef - and our accommodations perfect.

For us, it was a relaxing get-away and a long weekend we will always remember.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple

Hi my friend! We enjoyed hosting you and your spouse. I will be sure to hi-five Chef Eric for you. He’ll get a kick out of that :-), and I will also pass on your remarks to your villa attendant Saralee... We hope you consider us for your next anniversary or other special occasion!

Reviewed January 24, 2016

Do not let them book your scuba diving. They are not familiar with the rules of diving they asked to book diving on the day we flew back (EXTREMELY Dangerous).

Don't book your car with them. The car they rented us didn't shift out of first, no seat belts and the windows didn't close so the seats were soaked from the pouring rain. Had the rental car agency fix the car twice.

We booked 8 days which should of included a free meal according to the website we never received the free meal a day. We were charged for all dinners. We had groceries for breakfast that we cooked and lunch was off premise due to diving. We asked about them making us lunch to take for our dives and they recommended restaurants and wouldn't make us lunch. The food sometimes would be brought stale (coconut water that went rancid... which we mentioned but they said that happens in 24hrs and made us pay for it). Birds would get in while they cleaned and pick at the fruit which we also had to pay. We would make lists of things we needed but they constantly got them wrong and had to be replaced. Bring your own food or buy your own groceries cheaper and better quality in town. Dinner is usually cold (served before we were even in our bungalow). The service lady said we never told her what time we would be back.... I pointed to the note I wrote every day in the same place. Not sure if they can read because every day they got it wrong. We had better service in the larger bungalows which were cheaper for some reason then the smaller ones. Don't stay in the smaller bungalows.

There is a hole in the road just outside the driveway with an orange cone in it as you go towards the airport making cars slam on their brakes and down or up shift loudly , If you are in the two buildings closest to the road you get the noise from the road and the headlights in the bedroom windows. The Bungalows are right right on the road. We stayed in them two nights and then switched.

The smaller bungalows (stayed 6 nights) face the town across the bay that parties until 1am and the larger family bungalow funnels their noise right into your bungalow which we had to ask multiple times to keep the noise down past midnight.. Not that they were extremely loud but it is amplified into your bungalow. The beds are made of foam and moldy or if replaced smell like moth balls. There is no view in the smaller bungalows or family size bungalow and is very very dark. I think the only good one would be the honeymoon sweet that we didn't stay in.

Security is non existent. We were up early to dive and we would open the gate ourselves and when we got back we open the gate (which is a metal pole across the driveway that you could walk around). The buildings close to the road people could literally just walk into your place. They constantly left the rooms unlocked.
While gone people came in to the bungalows to take chairs and furniture without telling us for a party they were having and broke the railing in our bungalow.

We bought the phone minutes for the mobile phone but they never picked up the phone and it doesn't work on the whole island. Use your own phone. Don't pay for their cell phone minutes. Nor did they read the notes we left. We had a different person every day (a couple trainees, someone pregnant and a very angry lady) we wrote pages and pages of notes to them to say when we would be back when we wanted dinner (which was never relayed to the next person). Nothing they say can be trusted. They say one thing and do another.

This place is an hour from the main town with people driving fast. For the price I expected more luxury but the people had no clue how to be in the service industry and need to be sent to a luxury hotel to learn.

Room Tip: Only Choose the Honeymoon Bungalow
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ajtravels1972
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

This review first appeared on TripAdvisor in early January 2016, from a guest claiming to have stayed with us in February of 2015 (almost a year earlier). With only 6 villas on property, and based on the guest’s description of their stay (first 2 nights in a villa, and then 6 nights in a bungalow) we went through our entire guest registry for 2015 and we had no such guest. We thus disputed the review with TripAdvisor on the basis that it violated guidelines. TripAdvisor removed the review on January 12th 2016. The person edited and reposted the review. We disputed it again and TripAdivsor removed it again on January 21st. The person again edited and reposted. We are again in the process of disputing the review.

Reviewed January 17, 2016

The Dominican Island is stunningly beautiful without any help. Secret Bay is the best place to experience this natural beauty. The resort is thoughtfully built into the hillside that juts out of the bay waters. The lovely people at Secret Bay make the location so much more than just a wonderful sight to behold. My wife and I began our marriage together at Secret Bay. Our honeymoon was exactly what we hoped it would be. Here's our wish list: Beautiful, private, romantic, sweet, cozy, peaceful, fun, exciting, and adventurous! We can't wait to return to this wonderful place and see the friends we made at Secret Bay. The personal touches the resort provides make this experience priceless. It is incredible how caring and thoughtful the staff are. Our driver, Gilbert, met us at the airport immediately upon our arrival to the island. We were so grateful for the delicious, fresh snacks and conversation he provided. From that first encounter, we knew we had made a fantastic decision to spend our first days together at Secret Bay.
We stayed at the Mapou Bungalo. Wow! We chose the bungalow because of a few things. First, it fit our budget. Second,we were attracted to the private location. Lastly, it looked very fun and cozy. It was all of those and more! It was so special waking up to the incredible view through the trees overlooking the waves directly below from the cliff we were perched on. With the views, the incredible looking and even better tasting food that was personally prepared and served to our bungalow, it was like we were on a TV show. Loved it! You can't beat the food. I would return if just for the food! Our personal attendants, Bianca and Megan were so kind and sweet and really made the whole experience incredible for us. Anything we needed they were there for us. For the times we ventured off the resort, Marvin was there to guide us and set up the details. It was simple making arrangements to see anything the island offered. The Middleham Falls, Trafalgar Falls, Batibou Beach, Chaudiere pool, and the Indian River were great visits to appreciate the islands natural offerings. I can't help but smile when I remember our time at Secret Bay and Dominica! My wife and I searched many weeks for a secluded and peaceful place we could enjoy and feel close together. It was such a blessing to find and then experience such a wonderful and beautiful location on this Earth. We thank the whole team there and everything they have done to care for the island while creating a world class location for all to come and enjoy! See you soon Secret Bay!

Room Tip: Mapou Bungalow is beautifully designed and located. Incredible view. Very private. Natural jungle noise at night is abundant.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple

So glad you celebrated such a momentous event with us. We wish you a life full of wedded bliss and hope that you return to Secret Bay to create new and even more beautiful memories. Gilbert will be waiting again!
Love from the Team

Reviewed January 16, 2016

From the moment I was greeted at the ferry port by Gilbert with the sign, Secret Bay, to the moment my two-day stay came to an end, I enjoyed every moment and was treated wonderfully by the staff at Secret Bay. Gilbert picked me up from the ferry terminal and had warm cookies, dried fruit and water waiting for me. Once we arrived at Secret Bay, the Manager, Marvin, greeted me with a smile and walked me to my Zabuco Honeymoon Villa II. He showed me around the villa, offered me fruit and also addressed any needs that I had.

The property is gorgeous to say the least. The Villa was impeccably clean and everything was all set up; lighting, air conditioning, music on the flat screen and when I walked into the bedroom, there was a lovely scent of eucalyptus. The infinity pool, ocean views and attention to detail of the entire villa was so amazing. It was a quiet and relaxing environment with everything you could ask for. There are so many activities that can be done around the property. I went ocean kayaking to the cove just around the corner and through the cave and it was so much fun.

From the architecture and beauty of the villa, to the amazing staff, to the breathtaking environmental surroundings at Secret Bay, I can't say enough good things about this resort. It truly is a unique experience in an un-touched country.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo

Hi Cassie. Thanks for your lovely review. We hope that you will visit us for a longer stay and wish you the best of everything on your awesome journey! Everyone says “hi”.