All reviews zing zing zabuco villa our honeymoon private beach the indian river villa attendant plantain chips personal attendant natural beauty lion fish ylang ylang rum punch ti fey sunset sail middleham falls scuba diving year anniversary
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Our trip to Secret Bay was one of our favorite vacations. We were a large group and they catered to our every need. The rooms were beautiful especially zing zing where we stayed. The staff was friendly and attentive and made us feel pampered and special. The food was amazing and dominica was a lovely place.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Hi Doreen. Thanks for your review. When guests are with a group we still want them to feel special. That’s what we try to achieve with our uniquely personalised service, such as you experienced. We are happy you enjoyed both our service and our beautiful island home. Hope to see you here again.

Reviewed December 20, 2015

Our experience commenced from the airport when we were pleasantly met and taken to Secret Bay on arrival we were greeted in our Bungalow by the warm smell of lavender and soft lights Caribbean music and wonderful staff. Each day my wife and I spent got more tranquil and filled with special care and attention. Indeed a wonderful experience. My wife often say's that this was one of her best holidays. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for your kind words! It gives us great pleasure to know how much you appreciate the personal touches offered at Secret Bay. Hope to have you guys back soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Will definitely return to this magical place. Incredible birthday trip with a group of 12. All requests met with a "no problem"!Delightful host, drivers, staff and room attendants. Most beautiful architecture. High end kitchen fixtures. Showe that opens to outdoors! Food was spectacular! We custom ordered each meal and had a cooking class. They planned a special birthday celebration surprise with food and music .Best service I have ever received. The staff attends to all of your needs. Beautiful location, just perfect!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends

We look forward to your return Doc! We enjoyed hosting your group. I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to the Staff, Thank you for the positive feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

We were looking for a quiet family vacation to relax and let someone else take care of all the work and that's exactly what we got. With more staff to take care of us then guests there was always one the staff ready to take care of whatever we needed. Polite and accomodating this is what a vacation should be. In addition all of excursions were with what had to be the very best guides on the island. No detail was missed. We were very pleased. In fact on the day we left the airlines stranded us as the airport. When we saw one of the guides that we had used he let Secret Bay know we were stuck....and they tracked us down where we were and paid for out dinner. While this is not a place to go on a budget, the money that was spent was well worth it. Now its time to go back to work to make some money so I can go back to Secret Bay again!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ayeola G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Secret Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Hi Cliff, Glad we were able to take care of your needs. It’s a great feeling to hear such kind words of our associates (including our guides). Once you come to Secret Bay, you are part of our family and that doesn’t change when you check out. So it was only natural for us to help in any way we could to ease the inconvenience of your flight delay. We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’.
Love from us all.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

It was four years ago when I first saw Secret Bay on the cover of Travel & Leisure. Even though I fell in love with the photographs, I restrained myself. I had been to two dozen islands already in the Caribbean, and had decided there wasn't an island left I was interested in seeing. But then came SB, which looked like my fantasy of what the perfect refuge would be for me. (I'm a writer and wanted a place where I could truly 'get away from it all',) It didn't disappoint. The staff was adorable (yes, I'm talking about all of you: Ayeola, Anthea, Deslyn, Rosaline, Gilbert, Marvin.... you took the best care of me when I really needed it. When I lost my cell phone (lifeline), the staff galvanized and found it for me. My views from Ti-Fey bungalow were like being in my very own luxury tree house, and anything I wanted was just a phone call away. I've never been so pampered. The food was as outstanding as the views. But again, most of all it was the ambience and the staff that made it for me.
Now, if only they would ask me to be their 'writer-in-residence'! :)
If you go, I highly recommend the boat trip to the nearby rainforest, the horseback ride with Yasmin and Linton, the night snorkeling with Captain Don. Oh, and I got a lot of writing done too -- thanks for the inspiration! I definitely will be back, hopefully for a month next time.
Caroline F

Room tip: Ti-Fey and Mapou are on the small side, perfect for one but would be a bit cramped for two (at least the upstairs bedroom).
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi Caroline, we were so pleased to have you with us here at Secret Bay. We enjoyed you sharing your interesting experiences as a writer. I remember the day you thought your phone was gone for good, it was as if I had lost my phone as well; so I really felt your anxiety. I would have been just as worried had I been in that situation- my phone and I are inseparable! What a relief when Gilbert brought it back to you. We were overjoyed! Especially knowing that this allowed you to focus on your writing. BTW we can’t wait to get our hands on your book! Please let us know when it’s complete (no pressure :-) )
With respect to your tip, the bungalow may not be the best option for friends or even two persons from the same family but for couples it s a perfect and cozy lovenest!
Everyone sends their regards and looks forward to having you back!